2nds Geelong Cats VFL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmmmmmm...Thurlow has 25 possessions, 6 marks, 10 tackles and kicks a goal, and doesn't rate in the top 6?

Well the others must have been pretty good then.....

Maybe they only saw the 0 on his jumper and thought he was House. Only reason I can see House was named in the best and Thurlow wasn't by looking at the stats sheet.

Ey? Wins a flag and all of sudden he has depression? Sounds like an excuse for poor performances on field.

Bit far there mate. He had poor performances during the year in 2016 too but continued playing, happened to have a massive finals series where everything fell into place just like the rest of the Bulldogs team, could've almost won the Norm Smith. Now he's had a poor year, but so have the Dogs, it's obviously much harder for a forward to play well & kick goals when their defence & midfield aren't playing as well. But of course 'supporters' will take it out on him even if the midfield delivery is terrible, simply because he's getting paid a lot of money, hopefully Tom is feeling better now he's back playing footy & will continue to look at the positives during the ups & downs he will experience in the future :thumbsu:

Ey? Wins a flag and all of sudden he has depression? Sounds like an excuse for poor performances on field.

His condition need not be linked to his current level of happiness, Bots. Depression is complicated as f*ck.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/mind-and-mood/what-causes-depression

It's often said that depression results from a chemical imbalance, but that figure of speech doesn't capture how complex the disease is. Research suggests that depression doesn't spring from simply having too much or too little of certain brain chemicals. Rather, there are many possible causes of depression, including faulty mood regulation by the brain, genetic vulnerability, stressful life events, medications, and medical problems. It's believed that several of these forces interact to bring on depression.

To be sure, chemicals are involved in this process, but it is not a simple matter of one chemical being too low and another too high. Rather, many chemicals are involved, working both inside and outside nerve cells. There are millions, even billions, of chemical reactions that make up the dynamic system that is responsible for your mood, perceptions, and how you experience life.

With this level of complexity, you can see how two people might have similar symptoms of depression, but the problem on the inside, and therefore what treatments will work best, may be entirely different...

His condition need not be linked to his current level of happiness, Bots. Depression is complicated as f*ck.
Im getting a bit skeptical on depression. I've seen what real depression is and it's terrible. Can't get out of bed, can barely eat etc.
But things like Gary Lyon claiming depression after shagging Billy's ex plus plenty more examples make it look like an excuse and lessen the plight of people with genuine clinical depression IMO.

Im getting a bit skeptical on depression. I've seen what real depression is and it's terrible. Can't get out of bed, can barely eat etc.
But things like Gary Lyon claiming depression after shagging Billy's ex plus plenty more examples make it look like an excuse and lessen the plight of people with genuine clinical depression IMO.

Completely agree. Just such a tough subject to talk about, because we want the people who do actually have depression to be okay, but it's hard to question the people who fake having real depression. I didn't believe that Gary Lyon did, I didn't believe that Cam McCarthy did in his year off before being traded to Freo when he was simply homesick even though he had just signed another 2-3 year contract, I do believe that Tom Boyd did/does though, but yeah difficult subject to discuss :thumbsu:

Yep, I can understand that position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So a whisper around that the inspiration for my avatar last year has been offered the captaincy of our VFL side for next season.

No word if he has accepted it, on TR earlier the blokes he was on with were trying to get out of him where he was playing next season... a watch this space.
Would be a perfect appointment you would imagine and ties in with the talk of him coming back into a development role with the club..

So a whisper around that the inspiration for my avatar last year has been offered the captaincy of our VFL side for next season.

No word if he has accepted it, on TR earlier the blokes he was on with were trying to get out of him where he was playing next season... a watch this space.
Would be a perfect appointment you would imagine and ties in with the talk of him coming back into a development role with the club..

That would be great for future developing, i like this idea!

Wow. He must just really wanna play footy. Good on him.

Keep in mind he hasn't officially accepted the offer yet..... or if he has, my mate doesn't know that part.

Still a maybe, but good for us to even approach him for it IMO

Keep in mind he hasn't officially accepted the offer yet..... or if he has, my mate doesn't know that part.

Still a maybe, but good for us to even approach him for it IMO
Jimmeh is back!!!!!

Go Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back