2nds Geelong Cats VFL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Is he capable of holding down a permanent forward role? Or is he more of a pinch hit swing between forward and ruck aka Leigh brown Rhys Stanley style type player? I am quite keen for us to find a quality tall forward to develop and come in, not a pinch hit ruck
I suspect he could play predominantly forward - doesn't seem to lack for confidence which should see him able to stay engaged even while off the ball. It's probably more a development thing to add this string to his bow (in case say Rhys and Blicz were both injured) and also just because he's the next best ruck in the current VFL team after Abbott who we can't exactly play in there for the entire game (and they also want to see if Abbott can deliver up forward so he needs some time up there as well).

Last edited:
Haven't been watching any VFL, but I keep hearing all this talk of great effort and hard at it etc etc and great improved buzza, yet I never see him kick any goals. I guess I personally don't want him in our seniors if he can't prove himself in the reserves to be able to slot a bag at least here and there on his firing day.
Shouldn't the point be has Buzza been playing a permanent forward or he just half and half between ruck and forward in vfl?

Shouldn't the point be has Buzza been playing a permanent forward or he just half and half between ruck and forward in vfl?

That point has already been made. I am sure there have been games he has played mainly as a forward? Especially given we have had Zac smith in the reserves previously.

Just want to get to the bottom of his ability as a forward who can impose and hit the scoreboard. I don't think Geelong needs a part time forward who can ruck pinch hit, we need a forward who can develop into a key post alongside Hawkins and take the mantle, currently we have nobody coming through.

That point has already been made. I am sure there have been games he has played mainly as a forward? Especially given we have had Zac smith in the reserves previously.

Just want to get to the bottom of his ability as a forward who can impose and hit the scoreboard. I don't think Geelong needs a part time forward who can ruck pinch hit, we need a forward who can develop into a key post alongside Hawkins and take the mantle, currently we have nobody coming through.
Then I think Timm House is a better bet. He's kicked a bag in the vfl last year

CyeuHAr.png

2IvcUet.png

So we can possibly see GHS, Murdoch and Lang who average whopping 45.1 disposals per game between them playing in the same side? Maybe we can scrape in at home against Freo playing all 3 of these vomits but highly doubt we can win against GWS the week after. We have issues if people at the club think these wimps are a fit for our side.

So we can possibly see GHS, Murdoch and Lang who average whopping 45.1 disposals per game between them playing in the same side? Maybe we can scrape in at home against Freo playing all 3 of these vomits but highly doubt we can win against GWS the week after. We have issues if people at the club think these wimps are a fit for our side.

Gws are playing potatoes like reid and lloyd because of their injuries. They are not exactly all class themselves.

GHS, Murdoch and Lang wouldn't get a game at GWS.

They would right now.

They have so many injuries they keep naming dawson as an emg and he is miles worse than ghs/murdoch/lang.

Doubt it, if they didn't see them as part of their future they wouldn't play them regardless of injuries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't been watching any VFL, but I keep hearing all this talk of great effort and hard at it etc etc and great improved buzza, yet I never see him kick any goals. I guess I personally don't want him in our seniors if he can't prove himself in the reserves to be able to slot a bag at least here and there on his firing day.
Our reserves are ####ing terrible. Kicking a couple of goals a game and having a good influence in other areas when also chopping out in the ruck in a side that's getting near constantly flogged as a second year player is fairly good going.

Doubt it, if they didn't see them as part of their future they wouldn't play them regardless of injuries.

It was mentioned a couple of weeks ago that they only had something like 26 players to choose from for their AFL side.

Last weekend their NEAFL side was beaten by Sydneys NEAFL side to the tune of 171 points as they only had 4 AFL listed players in their squad -they are seriously struggling with injuries this year.

Our reserves are ####ing terrible. Kicking a couple of goals a game and having a good influence in other areas when also chopping out in the ruck in a side that's getting near constantly flogged as a second year player is fairly good going.
To be expected. A good portion of this side is as raw as sushi.

No arguments from me, I haven't watched the reserves so I won't argue if he plays well or not. I just hope that if he is going to be our second key forward anytime soon, that he proves himself very competent in front of goals is all. Hopefully Geelong puts him there and develops him as a key forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Back