VFLW Geelong Cats VFLW 2021 Season thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Err, we actually won last week.

Geelong v North Melbourne at Queens Park

• North Melbourne will be reeling from its loss to Darebin in round six and will be looking to bounce back against a Geelong side that just fell short to Casey. The Cats are sitting comfortably in fourth on the ladder while the Roos have some ground to make up in 9th. North has struggled to hit the scoreboard this season and Geelong only sit behind Collingwood for scores conceded, making this a tough prospect for the Roos.
  • Molly Eastman has established herself as one of North Melbourne’s best this season and showed why in round six. She had a season-high 28 disposals, five marks and seven rebound 50s in her side’s loss to Darebin.

ya beat me to hitting "post"

I think Lucy Watkins needs to do a better job of checking the previous rounds results

Thought I'd read the preview for the Casey match -

• Hawthorn’s finals hopes hinge on a perfect run home having fallen to a 1-5 record after its loss to Essendon in round six. Their opponents this week, Casey Demons, will be feeling confident after they were able to hold on for a two-point win over Geelong. The Demons need a win to help cement a spot in the finals, but come up against a Hawks side that has recruited well and added experience to its lineup.

“We had a few Aussies at my club in Hamburg, so I got to know a couple of slang words or words people use in footy,” Meissner said.

“I feel like almost everyday I’m getting across a new word, or I’m just looking at people like ‘I have no idea what you’re talking about right now.’ I still have those moments.

“The English in Australia is sometimes not really English, it’s just Australian.”

A QUARTET of AFLW talent and a couple of Geelong Falcons stars have been included in the Cats’ VFLW team for Sunday’s clash with North Melbourne at Queens Park.

Midfielder Sophie van de Heuvel will play her first game of the season, key forward Olivia Barber and ruck Rene Caris will return after spending the last part of the AFLW season in the Geelong line-up, and Stephanie Williams is also back.

Falcons duo Renee Tierney and Annie Lee, who represented Vic Country at the under-19 National Championships during the week, are also back after playing in the win over Southern Saints in Round 3.

The selected side:

GEELONG VFLW
B:58. B. Beckley, 66. R.Pearce, 39. T. Tatlock
HB:38. T. Meissner, 10. G. Rankin, 32. B. Pratt
C:27. S. van de Heuvel
HF:17. G. Clarke, 35. S. Elsworthy, 7. M.Maguire
F:60. C. Gunjaca, 15. O. Barber, S. Williams
R:1. R. Caris, 4. D. Moloney, 18. L. Gardiner
I/C13. O. Fuller, 62. A. Lee, 55. P. Sheppard, 40. T. Smith, 54. R. Tierney
EMG:33. N. French, 64. T. Saunders, 31. J. Woollett
INS:R. Pearce, R. Caris, O. Barber, A. Lee, S. van de Heuvel, R. Tierney. S. Williams
OUTS:A. Johnson, C. Remmos, S. DeGiacomi, E. Oliver, L. Martin, M. Fedele, J. Woollett

Loving the look of that midfield - van de Heuvel, Moloney, Gardiner all roving to Caris.

The selected side:

GEELONG VFLW
B:58. B. Beckley, 66. R.Pearce, 39. T. Tatlock
HB:38. T. Meissner, 10. G. Rankin, 32. B. Pratt
C:27. S. van de Heuvel
HF:17. G. Clarke, 35. S. Elsworthy, 7. M.Maguire
F:60. C. Gunjaca, 15. O. Barber, S. Williams
R:1. R. Caris, 4. D. Moloney, 18. L. Gardiner
I/C13. O. Fuller, 62. A. Lee, 55. P. Sheppard, 40. T. Smith, 54. R. Tierney
EMG:33. N. French, 64. T. Saunders, 31. J. Woollett
INS:R. Pearce, R. Caris, O. Barber, A. Lee, S. van de Heuvel, R. Tierney. S. Williams
OUTS:A. Johnson, C. Remmos, S. DeGiacomi, E. Oliver, L. Martin, M. Fedele, J. Woollett

Loving the look of that midfield - van de Heuvel, Moloney, Gardiner all roving to Caris.

Happy to see Williams back - guessing they'd rather have her in the side for tomorrow than the GF sprint

As per the article Remmos is sick - I was curious if her omission was so she could line up with the basketball team tonight. I'm curious to see how both Remmos & to a lesser extent, Elsworthy manage their times between the 2 sports & if there's one that will take priority over the other

One annoying thing about the VFL app - they're woefully slow about updating the scores on there.

They have live updates of the VFL scores and stats, but there were 3 VFLW games this morning and they haven't even updated the scores.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back