Preview Geelong Cats Vs Adelaide Crows KP Sat Sept 5 1:05pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dead rubber….
The last stand for a few cherished Veterans?
Last chance motel for those on the cusp…..

and of course, the Dangerfield Cup…

Clearly the club will be at arms length on any PD discussion favourable or otherwise.
It should be a good game.
Menzel to play again or will they ice him.

Whatever happens, its the last time we will see some faces at KP.
Make it count.

GO Catters

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
IF any of the veterans announce their retirement this week, then yes they should get a farewell game...otherwise I would give the guys that are supposedly our future a game - Smedts, GHS, Cowan etc..
They are our future back up VFL players. Gore, Cunico and Jansen may have some future though. May as well give them a try.

Gosh, sgaggering that this will be the last time we will be watching a few play you would think.

I kind of hope its all announced during the week so they have proper send offs but may not work oht that way.

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
I'd make a lot of changes this week. Result meaningless.

In: Stokes, GHS, Cowan, Smedts, Kersten
Out: Lang, Gregson, Murdoch, Bews, Walker

If Johnson is going to get the tap on the shoulder and they want him to play this week, they better announce it today, and hope it plays on the sympathy of the Channel 7 Review Panel tomorrow.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
If Johnson is going to get the tap on the shoulder and they want him to play this week, they better announce it today, and hope it plays on the sympathy of the Channel 7 Review Panel tomorrow.
This is madness. Why is this even being considered. He has 10 goals from his past four games. And yet Bartel is stinking it up beyond repair.

Jun 2, 2006
Point Cook
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Supersonics, Greenbay
IN : Stokes [only if he announces he's retiring]
Duncan [if fit]
Caddy [if fit]

OUT : Murdoch,Walker,Gregson/Lang to make way for them

I actually think Duncan and Caddy will be put on ice. Why rush them back out from injuries for nothing. I do think that Stokes and Kelly should get a run
and announce their retirement after the game. Before only will make us fall in a heap like every other big game for a player.

I agree on the outs, so we perhaps could give Gore or JJ a go.

Whit3y

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 14, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sheff Wed
id leave out hawkins selwood taylor, why do they need to play a meaningless game
and bring in anyone that is retiring for a farewell, we owe them a standing ovation at home, dotcha think?

bring in big dick kerstan and tell him that he is the full forward, he is the goto man, do something pal

play smedts forward
play ghs on the ball
tell rat bews to not worry about his man or sacrificing his attacking part of his game , tell him to just get the pill
bring in the future gore jansen
wouldnt it be nice that gore and jansen can say in 20 years time they played a game with some of the vets

who cares about the result
lets try stuff and get something out of the game

BIGANT

Premiership Player
Jan 19, 2006
Glenelg
AFL Club
Geelong
So do we want to win or lose this one given what could be on stake with draft picks. Or is it important to show danger that we are a side worth playing for? I have no idea.
It will be interesting on how adl see this game now, regardless of what happens w their result today v the eags. Knowing they are in, will their mind be off the job. And how will our boys be.....hopefully not like friday night ?

Nov 12, 2002
AFL Club
Geelong
Should this be the last game of the ones that are leaving or was it last week and the preceding weeks before that?

Now that the seasons over I reckon the club will give farewell games to Kelly, Stokes etc.

Or does the club look to 2016 and play the likes of H-S, Smedts and Gore?

I think that may be a safe bet. Might as well promote Simpson for one last gallop too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back