Preview Geelong Cats Vs. Brisbane Lions, 28/7 2:10pm, GMHBA stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great preview. Although you lost points for not using the most updated chris Scott gifs...

I thought his eyes were going to pop out when I saw that!

Hope the boys are well prepared for a very biased one way crowd.....and the noise, omg, the noise!

My grandparents lived 6 houses from Kadinia Park when I was a kid. Parents would put me on the train up in the Mallee, the driver would look after me then put me on the Geelong train at Ballarat (couldn't/wouldn't do that now) Nan and Pop would pick me up at the other end, but I digress...

....the noise from KP even if not at the ground was a roar and the house was known to actually shake sometimes. I would swing on the front gate and watch all the fans heading to the game from the station..

If parents there too, we'd all go to the game.....ah, the memories! Will never forget the noise and atmosphere.

That's what we need back at the Gabba. Jungle song and jungle noise. Let the visitors know exactly where they are, like at KP. Intimidate them.

Last edited:

Narrow ground will make it a bit harder to play that ‘through the middle’ game style we’ve been seeing of late.

Di6nP0QUYAAhVDS.jpg

Di6o_C_U0AA8R1m.jpg

All the Geelong Falcon boys sans Bundy.

A third of our side that runs out will be locals, lets hope its the edge we need.

Indicated that it would be forward given Walker's form, or something to that effect.

Really hope its a temporary move. While versatility is good Harris is elite already as a key defender. If there isn't a matchup this week I'd still rather see him play loose in defence and just go for every mark like McGovern does.

Walker and Andrews replacing Cox will make the back-line too tall. Given Fagan's comments re having a look at Harris as a forward and our lean toward players being able to cover two positions, I expect Harris will get some forward time this week.

If Fages is going to have a look at him forward, it needs to be for 3 weeks at least.

Would be a big ask to expect him to be an instant hit, especially given the circumstances,

Putting him forward and leaving him there for the last 5 games would be the go.

If Fages is going to have a look at him forward, it needs to be for 3 weeks at least.

Would be a big ask to expect him to be an instant hit, especially given the circumstances,

Putting him forward and leaving him there for the last 5 games would be the go.

That's an even bigger call than mine- will be interesting. On one hand, why move an almost all Australian, on the other, how much stronger would our team be if we could rotate Walker and Harris through the back and forward lines as needed dependeing on who we are lined up against. Other teams would go nuts trying to counteract that switch half way through a quarter.

Probably not going to happen but I like thinking about blowing other teams minds then crushing their mental game. My brother is ambidextrous and plays golf off a 1 handicap. He plays right handed but keeps a left handed chipper (is that the right name?) in his golf bag. If he geys in the position to, he'll pull the left handed club out and chip onto the green left handed. Reckons he never loses a game when he plays that trick. Elite is all about the mental game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Harris is to play forward, I wonder if Oscar will be omitted purely for team balance reasons.
Walker would then need to play second ruck and Harris or McStay would need to float back to cover when that happens.
I think he will play back.
Chris Fagan has repeatedly said that he would love for him to get back to his All Australian form and push for selection in that team later in the year.

Harris and Hodge will be BIG ins. Geelong won't be taking us lightly. Should be a great game.

We had better not - otherwise we will get punched in the mouth by you lot.

Granted, you blokes have been doing the Leyland Brothers in the footy wilderness for a while but IMO those days are over.
You are back and thanks for knocking off the Hawks twice this year. Great stuff there - but a clear indication of what not respecting you can do. Hope we payed attention.

Pretty much every game for us is a must win going forward so id expect intent and effort from us from the get go. Home ground should help us but that doesn't make us first to the footy.

We should win, and would like to win well but I for one refuse to underestimate what you can do on your day. So do us a favour and roll over... just for old times sake. :p

Cats by 15 in a closer one than most people think

And Hodge never has a bad game against us - regardless of the jumper he's wearing and with Selwood, Hawkins and Duncan all on the receiving end of Hawks losses and Hodge hits - they'll be wanting to get some back. Add Walker, Bundy, Robinson( he always to punch on with someone...generally Selwood :))
and there are plenty of Lions with a point to prove.

GO Catters

Di6nP0QUYAAhVDS.jpg

Di6o_C_U0AA8R1m.jpg

All the Geelong Falcon boys sans Bundy.

A third of our side that runs out will be locals, lets hope its the edge we need.

HA!!

Any OOC that want to come home?!?! :D:D:D

GO Catters

Walker would then need to play second ruck and Harris or McStay would need to float back to cover when that happens.
I think he will play back.
Chris Fagan has repeatedly said that he would love for him to get back to his All Australian form and push for selection in that team later in the year.
If Harris plays forward I think he takes on Oscar's entire role, which includes pinch hitting in the ruck. He's done it before.

Not sure a forward line of Hipwood, Andrews and Big O would gel that well, so I'd expect McStay to hold his spot over Oscar (who may be due for a rest anyway).

Could potentially straight swap Andrews and Walker during the game if we're having trouble containing Hawkins. I like the versatility.

If Harris plays forward I think he takes on Oscar's entire role, which includes pinch hitting in the ruck. He's done it before.

Not sure a forward line of Hipwood, Andrews and Big O would gel that well, so I'd expect McStay to hold his spot over Oscar (who may be due for a rest anyway).

Could potentially straight swap Andrews and Walker during the game if we're having trouble containing Hawkins. I like the versatility.
I am not against Harris being given a run forward.
If he was a straight swap for Oscar I think he could potentially offer more up forward but I really like the development opportunity being given to Oscar. And he is playing his role for the team.

It looks like Geelong will be unchanged for this week which means Hawkins and Henry will be their key forwards with Dangerfield probable spending a lot of time forward. If Andrews is fit he should take Hawkins but I'm not sure if Henry would be too mobile for Walker, Robertson would be the better matchup. Gardiner the obvious matchup for Danger. There's also Menzel who can be dangerous. Would probably prefer one of Robertson or Gardiner on him.

I like the idea some have said of rotating Walker & Andrews back and forth between fwd and back...which could work if Hawkins is giving one of them a bath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back