Preview Geelong Cats Vs. Brisbane Lions, 28/7 2:10pm, GMHBA stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
must admit i'm a little concerned by the structure of our side this week with the loss of some pace and run from the side. Admittedly kardinia is quite narrow, but it is pretty long. No doubt there's a plan in place but our runners will really need to be on, and we'll need some really good use coming out of our back half

must admit i'm a little concerned by the structure of our side this week with the loss of some pace and run from the side. Admittedly kardinia is quite narrow, but it is pretty long. No doubt there's a plan in place but our runners will really need to be on, and we'll need some really good use coming out of our back half
Agree, if the weather is bad we may change a tall for a small...

I was thinking Bewick might come in for this one. But with Hodge/Harris available, becomes harder to get them all in.
It does feel that Fagan likes to have his best 22 players in and then work out positions after that. Our side looks very tall, slow and lacking runners this week but I’ve thought that before this year and it has turned out alright.

It does feel that Fagan likes to have his best 22 players in and then work out positions after that. Our side looks very tall, slow and lacking runners this week but I’ve thought that before this year and it has turned out alright.

Will be interesting to see what we do, but it certainly does feel we've gone too slow, although Geelong are by no means a fast side.

Yeah I think if there is a side in the league that you can afford to go big against it is the Cats, but we don't look quite so well balanced. Hope the decision to bring Harris and Hodge back and forego a small doesn't backfire.

Yeah I think if there is a side in the league that you can afford to go big against it is the Cats, but we don't look quite so well balanced. Hope the decision to bring Harris and Hodge back and forego a small doesn't backfire.

Not sure about that - I think they have actually been going in pretty small the last few weeks but maybe I’m mistaken.

Thankfully Gardiner can play small and I imagine he will get Dangerfield/Ablett when they go forward.

North next week is probably the only team as tall as us in the league so I suspect we will stick with it for a while.

Not sure about that - I think they have actually been going in pretty small the last few weeks but maybe I’m mistaken.

Thankfully Gardiner can play small and I imagine he will get Dangerfield/Ablett when they go forward.

North next week is probably the only team as tall as us in the league so I suspect we will stick with it for a while.
I meant we can go tall becuase they aren't fast, rather than because they are also tall, if that makes sense.

I do tend to think that they're still using this year to get a feel for future combos with an eye on the next few years. Oscar is a good illustration, I tend to think he's in there partly because they want to get games into him at AFL level so he's ready when Stef goes. Whether we persist with it early next year will be the interesting one for me.

We'll probably need Walker and Andrews next week when we play the Roos so it would've been tough to drop Walker for a week. Will be interesting to see how we lineup with Walker, Andrews, Gardiner, Hodge, Lester, Rich, Witherden and Robertson. You'd assume one would play up the field. Probably Witherden.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I expect Harris will play as a forward during the game - Fagan was very clear that he wanted to try Harris as a forward to see how he went as he has heard stories of how good he was as a junior forward. Has to be this year as next year we need a set top 22 in best positions developing together to start serious arse kicking.

I have wondered for a while if this might be an option for next year if we have both Walker and Eagles firing down back.

Last edited:
Spoke to Harris at the cappo run. He is playing down back on Hawkins, asked him, so you wont play swingman? And he said.. "narr mate, tommahawk tomorrow'.

Asked Cox if he was playing and he said, 'not sure yet, I find out pretty late if im in'

Several players mentioned they think they can beat them.

Everyone tipping Geelong. Excellent, will make the win even sweeter.

They owe us one after Round 23 in 2013.

haha yes I remember this. A blatant HTB decision missed when Chapman dragged the ball back in under his body. Umpire blew the whistle too quickly. Shame Lester fell short with the snap on goal but tough angle can't blame him.

Spoke to Harris at the cappo run. He is playing down back on Hawkins, asked him, so you wont play swingman? And he said.. "narr mate, tommahawk tomorrow'.

Asked Cox if he was playing and he said, 'not sure yet, I find out pretty late if im in'

Wonder if someone might be a late out. Either playing a bit sore or dropping a tall for a small

haha yes I remember this. A blatant HTB decision missed when Chapman dragged the ball back in under his body. Umpire blew the whistle too quickly. Shame Lester fell short with the snap on goal but tough angle can't blame him.
That weezel McInerney screwed us because he was too gutless to pay it.

My son went today too, got his guernsey signed by all players but missed on Bundy

I have wondered for a while if this might be an option for next year if we have both Walker and Eagles firing down back.

Especially as eagles is rated fourth in the league for average disposal efficiency at 86%. To be fair it's off four games but ...

I'm too lazy to find the neafl stats, and those cover his stats from the start so would be skewed low but fagan's enthusiasm for eagles comes from something solid. Going to be tough to fit all our talks in when they are all healthy and not suspended.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_rankings?year=2018&rt=LA&st=EP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back