Hawthorn defeats Geelong​
104-68​
S. Mitchell 36​
J. Selwood 3
J. Lewis 3
J. Gunston 3​

Stream AFL Live to any device - 14 days free

Last edited:

Reckon hawks take this one. They always get up and about for Geelong.

Geelogn on the other hand look flat as a tack.

Like Round 5 this year?

I just can’t see the Hawks winning here. Hawthorn don’t have enough key position stocks to go to the next level let alone compete with teams who have a good spine.

Cats have been flat since the bye. I think part of it is that Chris Scott is experimenting with a few things, but I also think a few of the guys have been too smug and complacent.

Like Round 5 this year?

I just can’t see the Hawks winning here. Hawthorn don’t have enough key position stocks to go to the next level let alone compete with teams who have a good spine.

Form is an interesting thing though.

Geelong have been crawling over the line the last few weeks on talent alone.

Hawks have been winning well and have their backs up.

Just think you guys will roll them. Have no real reason. Just gut.

If you thought the Bulldogs victory against the Cats was the upset of the season...... strap yourselves in because Hawthorn are going to make the ladder leading Cats look like a bunch of 5 year old Auskickers!

Hawthorn by 110

...I know this is a troll...I know you are a troll...but still...this is just so weak.

Hawthorn haven't even scored 110 this season, let alone winning by that much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn are building nicely while the wheels on Geelong's Flintstone mobile have almost fallen off.

You're not in a good place if you routinely score 55 points a game with the occasional 80-100 outlier.

You of all people as a Hawthorn supporter should know that you don't need to be playing your best footy in July.

3 games clear on top with 6 rounds to go. Will finish top 2 and can manage players and play bruise free for a few more weeks.

Hawthorn will win this one.
Geelong's younger players feeling the pinch and I expect McEvoy to completely dominate Ratugolea and Stanley in ruck.

Hawthorn 88 def Geelong 81

You of all people as a Hawthorn supporter should know that you don't need to be playing your best footy in July.

3 games clear on top with 6 rounds to go. Will finish top 2 and can manage players and play bruise free for a few more weeks.

I'd advise against playing bruise free football. It'll be like the bye.... players get tooooooo complacent and end up like a deer in headlights when the heat is truly on!

Calmer than normal before this clash.
Living peacefully in the knowledge that with a 2 game and percentage gap clear on top this game's importance for us isn't that great.
Meanwhile this is must win for Hawthorn. Calming to know a loss doesn't mean much and a win ends the season of your bitter rival.

If we can get to 80 points we'll win as they have woeful scoring ability this season.

I'd advise against playing bruise free football. It'll be like the bye.... players get tooooooo complacent and end up like a deer in headlights when the heat is truly on!

Geelong's problems will be the 1 or potentially 2 byes to come. As I've posted in other threads, if they make the gf they'll win it, I'm just not sure if they can get there.

Geelong's prime movers are 29 plus bar Kelly, it's a long season, going to be interesting. I have a gut feel this will be close, guess we will find out how much everyone has in the tank then.

I think Stewart will blanket Hodgey and on that think Geelong in a tight one. Punky and Wingard will need two or three each for us to get up.

Geelong's prime movers are 29 plus bar Kelly, it's a long season, going to be interesting. I have a gut feel this will be close, guess we will find out how much everyone has in the tank then.

I think Stewart will blanket Hodgey and on that think Geelong in a tight one. Punky and Wingard will need two or three each for us to get up.

I think that is it in a nutshell - Breust needs 4+, otherwise we are no chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back