Review Geelong d Bulldogs by 25 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some highs and lows from this one. Dogs are a quality side so I expect them to fight and we need to fight to bank 4 points.
The results are good and the final goal by Jimmy how fantastic was it?
These are actually the types of games that we need to get ready for the finals. Hot, contested, fumbly. Teaches them to dig deeper.

Spent most of the game with his nose up dollhouses clacker, kept him to 50% disposal efficiency.
Managed to get off him more in the second half, I thought he played a solid game.

Stanley was fantastic, its amazing how much depth we have in the running big man stocks.
The utensil showed some nice hands overhead, if he can get his decision making up to afl standard he is going to be a F^&king weapon.
Danger brilliant, Selwood tried hard but didn't get much space.
Hawkins also decent again, it makes a big difference when him and Motlop are doing there thing properly.

Did anyone else notice when Motlop got tackled in forward pocket and ended up lying on the ground watching the ball for like 5 seconds?
If he wasn't injured or winded that's super soft, but that was the only time i thought he work rate was questionable this game so ill reserve judgement.

Also, Ruggles played another solid game. Starting to show some regular run and carry as well as acting like a mini hulk. Can see him being a long term fixture in the back line :)

If I remember that play correctly, Mots tried to turn back inwards, copped a knock to the lower back. Held his lower back for a bit, but got up and had a laugh with hawkins

Have to give the Doggies a nod of respect, despite the fact they have dropped like flies all year they have an absolute red hot crack and hit in bloody hard.

Stanley was outstanding, absolutely had the sticky mits tonight, was fantastic. Mots is working hard.. few goals, 20 or so touches and a few good tackles.
I'm still not certain Cowan and Menegola are best 22 players, but they both had good 2nd halfs and both are making sure every spot is contested.

Danger is just a freak
Cocky did 2 parts of * all early but was better 2nd half as well.

But my biggest kudos go to the crowd... that was comfortably the loudest I can remember hearing a Cats crowd.. particularly when we felt like we were getting on top in the 3rd.. the crowd lifted as well

Not much credibility left after your rant on Stanley playing forward in the pre game.:D
It wasn't my rant. It was Wallace.

Don't worry, you have zero of the same. Just one eye.

Give me Christensen for week 1 of finals everyday of the week over Stanley thanks.

Forget tonight's out the box performance, Stanley's been ordinary this year and anyone who says differently is just a typically one-eyed Geelong supporter.
Christensen will be there when the heat is applied in a final.

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A couple of thoughts:
  • If we could display the Bulldogs' intensity, we would win the Flag.
  • I've been a critic of Duncan in last few months, but he worked his way into the game.
  • Motlop improving, but still a long way off his best.
  • Cowan was OK, especially early.
  • Kolo, Ruggles making rookie mistakes, (to be expected - and accepted) but I think they belong in the team.
  • Menegola - not as impressive as last week, but OK, so sorry he kicked into the post.
  • Libratore was tearing us up - we were a bit fortunate there.
  • (Generally) accurate kicking for goal - a nice change.
  • How many ex-Cats work the for the Dogs these days ?(Ben Graham, Steven King, and Joel Corey I noted in Bulldogs' tracksuits)
  • Next week a good opportunity to bring Scott Selwood into the mix.
  • Complacency risk games - Richmond and Melbourne (don't let it happen!)

Wow,Doggies are taking the loss hard & won't allow op's to post on their board.

Some really feral supporters as well.
Not really directed at Cats supporters- more the usual idiots from North, Richmond and St Kilda who seem to delight in our losses. Quite a few smarta** comments in our game day thread.

Anyways, good win by your boys and if we lose to anyone on their 300th, glad it was Jimmy- such a likeable player. Enright too. Too good in the end. Best of luck for the rest of the year

Congrats to Bartel and Enright. :thumbsu:

Another 4 points in the bag. :thumbsu:

Top 4 should be locked up now. :thumbsu:

No. After Carlton there are no 'easy' games for Geelong.

No. After Collingwood there are no 'easy' games for Geelong.

No. After St Kilda there are no 'easy' games for Geelong.

The only way forward is for us to have a boot at the throat of the opposition till the final siren no matter who that opposition is. Our best is very very good, but us at our lairising worst with a thinking-like-we're-millionaires approach to 'easy' games of times past with no respect paid to the opposition has got to stop.

Great game, by the way, I really enjoyed that. Stanley, what a weapon he is!

It wasn't my rant. It was Wallace.

Don't worry, you have zero of the same. Just one eye.
It wasn't you that said don't give me that shite about Stanley as a forward.We have dropped a forward for a ruckman,that wasn't you? bullshit.

It's a pity because I wanted to write on their board how much heart they have and that they have a great side that's building for a premiship .

Can understand their frustration

Did that journalist just say we lost the contested possession, pretty sure we won it according to the afl site
Yep. Wasn't even close.

But #sobrave

Was only here to browse but gotta reply to this.

We are not taking the loss hard. We are pretty much in mourning over the state of our injury list, we were cruelled again today & lost another 2 of our very best players. We literally have more than half of our best 22 injured now, with maybe a couple to come back next week...but only to replace more fallen soldiers, we are a band aid team right now.

Anyway, congrats on the win. Bartel is one of the rare ones who is just so hard to hate, he needs to shave that beard though because it makes him even more *ing likeable :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back