Autopsy Geelong def Fremantle by 2 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Loving the development of 2/3 of the amigos Blakely and Weller. I feel like they are consistently in our top 5 players in recent times. Hoping Langdon can get back in to the team and start to hit his straps too.

Anyone else think Weller was capable of just going for goal himself at the end there?

Im not a huge fan of that jelwood sook but hes one tuff cookie.
Deluca is a bull in his own right. U can tell he just wants the ball real bad. Hopefully rosco can find room for both him & brady in the team.
I reckon even though we lost theres more positives than negatives.

Loving the development of 2/3 of the amigos Blakely and Weller. I feel like they are consistently in our top 5 players in recent times. Hoping Langdon can get back in to the team and start to hit his straps too.

Anyone else think Weller was capable of just going for goal himself at the end there?
Really wanted Weller to kick it ...

Negatives are pretty small really ... We should've won it the end, the tall forwards are dysfunctional and we still really struggled when each side plays a loose.

Also want to mention, I know B.Hill played well and has a lot going for him, but MY GOD does he need to learn to tackle, gets fended off pretty easily over and over again.

Positives -
- DeLuca was huge till he got hurt.
- Cox came on a bit
- Darcy played a hell of a debut for a 19 y/o ruck
- Weller's starting to really push on the elite barrier, so exciting when he just takes it on out of the contest.
- The aforementioned positives are about the youngsters.
- Very nearly won it without our (most likely) 2 most influential players.

Blakely is definitely in our Top 3 players for this whole year.

On Weller, considering our s**t entries and zero marks all day he should of went for it. If he nailed it would of been GOTY contender. That run and to win the game.

Blakely is definitely in our Top 3 players for this whole year.

On Weller, considering our s**t entries and zero marks all day he should of went for it. If he nailed it would of been GOTY contender. That run and to win the game.
Would've nearly surpassed the famous Hill running goal if it went that way

Mostly echoing what others have said, Darcy good, cox promising, logue hard to call Etc etc.

The usual tier of A and B graders had the usual ups and downs as is expected.
Highlight for me was Blakley - the kid has done nearly everything this year except play as a KPF. He's been 1 on 1 deep defence, run-with in the guts, inside mid, outside mid and then today puts on a masterclass as a HBF'er. Its phenomenal and so bloody wrapt for the guy. He's just a genuine footballer and the type our recruiters need to grab more of. Grew up with footy in hand, has smarts and agility and knows the game inside out.
More of him this draft please ( just a bit taller if we may ).

On the flip side - Sheridan....
My god that guy is a list flogger of the highest order, if anyone here has an attempt defend his shitfullness I'll happily go toe to toe; forum style and call out each and every play he was involved in. For the record he ****ed almost every single touch up. Seriously, ****ed it in a way I've rarely seen it ****ed before. Hand balling to guys in worse positions, shirking contact, forgetting to move his legs when in possession of the ball - s**t I think I saw him forget to breathe at one stage... he can't even human let alone football.

We definitely need to Rejig the fwd line. taberner as a player is not the answer but structurally I think a taller player needs to be tried again. Sick of seeing a Harry Taylor tall every week just killing our forward entries. Aside from the quality of our entries (an issue in itself) we need another tall to force the match up.
Will Ross go full experimental and keep Darcy and cox down there, giving kerstan a well earned rest ?

The usual tier of A and B graders had the usual ups and downs as is expected.
Highlight for me was Blakley - the kid has done nearly everything this year except play as a KPF. He's been 1 on 1 deep defence, run-with in the guts, inside mid, outside mid and then today puts on a masterclass as a HBF'er. Its phenomenal and so bloody wrapt for the guy. He's just a genuine footballer and the type our recruiters need to grab more of. Grew up with footy in hand, has smarts and agility and knows the game inside out.

Not even joking but at this rate he should be our best player by the end of next year. After today and how we lost I was thinking about the leadership group and who should be in it by the end of next year. Blakely could be a serious lock considering the amount of respect he has gained.

I don't see who would step in before him after Mundy, Sandilands and Spurr cycle out in the next two seasons.

Even Suban has had better games than Sheridan has ever had. God this guy is putrid. Consistently does nothing. Soft as ****.

He (Sheridan) is getting a free ride at the moment .. who else is keeping him out ?
With Langdon and grey injured, Balic awol, Hughes out of favour - what other options do we have ???

I'd say he and Ryan are the two most likely/ first to drop out.
I really want Ryan to work, he needs more time to adjust to the pace and get some belief - but I think he'll get a rest next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are any free agents leaving us? Will this hurt our compensation.

With a couple of new small forwards, he would our structure and let McCarthy, Kersten and Fyfe play on smaller opponents.
It would mess around with the compensation picks, that would be a decision that needs to be weighed up

Is straightening our forward line and letting our young key forward play his natural game worth losing a late second round pick?

Would we have drafted a player who could have such immediate impact with that pick?

Would Carlton trade a pick worse than that for Casboult?

Sheridan was poor.

Lee Spurr was on another level of complete s**t.
That spoil "thing". The mind just boggles.
His kicking was putrid with bad options taken.
Johnson also. Put in two poor efforts that cost us scores and his ball use was very sloppy.

All of the new guys gave something at times.

DeLuca's first half was great.

Big Darcy was amazing, and apart from a couple of scrubbed kicks, little Darcy was great.

Logue mostly good, apart from the that passage on the outer wing.
Ryan was ok with out standing out.

Brennan Cox is impressing me. Each game he's done something that has me raising my eyebrows.

That squaring kick to Ballantyne on the run literally made me yell out. Was like "Holy *! Did I just see that?" That's better than most of our mids.
Also took a really good contested mark.

If it was me: Fyfe would come in for Sheridan.
Hughes for Spurr.
If Sandi is fit? Kersten out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I swear he shat his pants hard at every contest. Trade bait.

Agreed he was really average today.

Has he ever really had a sustained run of good form? Even in 2015 when he replaced Duffield, I can't really remember him setting the world on fire.

Unfortunately today I started calling him Tom Shitshispants.....needs a massive reality check.
So many times today he ran himself into trouble then handballed/kicked it to a teammate either flat footed or under pressure. I hope his papers are stamped and that was his last game for the club.

Sheridan was poor.

Lee Spurr was on another level of complete s**t.
That spoil "thing". The mind just boggles.
His kicking was putrid with bad options taken.
Johnson also. Put in two poor efforts that cost us scores and his ball use was very sloppy.

All of the new guys gave something at times.

DeLuca's first half was great.

Big Darcy was amazing, and apart from a couple of scrubbed kicks, little Darcy was great.

Logue mostly good, apart from the that passage on the outer wing.
Ryan was ok with out standing out.

Brennan Cox is impressing me. Each game he's done something that has me raising my eyebrows.

That squaring kick to Ballantyne on the run literally made me yell out. Was like "Holy ****! Did I just see that?" That's better than most of our mids.
Also took a really good contested mark.

If it was me: Fyfe would come in for Sheridan.
Hughes for Spurr.
If Sandi is fit? Kersten out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree that kick was phenomenal

Can anyone actually name one standout game he's had his entire career so far?
I'm pretty sure he had some good games when we finished top of the table in 2015 however that howler in the PF against Hawthorn seems to have shredded what little ability he has.
He is quite simply a cross-country runner with no AFL-level footy skills whatsoever.

Whilst it was incredibly positive that the kids took a step-forward against Geelong. I am seriously concerned about our forward 50 entries. I am worried by our inability to take a mark inside forward 50 and the lack on tackles inside 50.

I was also annoyed that the team returned to maul ball and hack kicking.

MJ and Spurr are now our weakest links in defence, but moving Blakely back looks to be an inspired move.

I'm pretty sure he had some good games when we finished top of the table in 2015 however that howler in the PF against Hawthorn seems to have shredded what little ability he has.
He is quite simply a cross-country runner with no AFL-level footy skills whatsoever.
The success of his sunny business Rixx ( might be the wrong brand) also distract his footy career .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back