Review Geelong defeat Crows by 24 points @ AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The regular downers went hard at 3/4 time....

is the egg hardboiled or sunny side up?

GO Catters

I like your comment about moron park. I had to listen this bloke for the entire first half abusing danger about how s**t a kick he was and how glad the Crows are that they "got rid of him". Cue Danger bursting out of the middle and drilling it from 55 I just stood up in my cats scarf turned around and bowed to him on behalf of Danger. Then said nothing and sat back down. I got to telll you it was so so satisfying! Worst fans in the world

Had a chuckle reading the Addy before. After Clark bombed the goal from 55m in the first quarter, Zach Tuohy apparently tweeted "Jesus Clarky, if you start kicking them from there I'll never get back in!"

:D

Zach who?

Seriously though, very important cog in our wheel which will be needed at the pointy end of the year.

Makes a difference though when we don’t have to rush them back.

When you made the first post, I took it as an implied promise that that would be that.
But obviously not.
Pity.
Still, footy dumb stays footy dumb no matter how often it's repeated.
Probably won’t last long ...

Go Catters

It is Menengola, if you are going to bag him at least get his name right
Um...is this some sort of in-joke?

5f86cb0a207b568d8406bc14f431cdff.jpg

Ah ok. Thanks I miss the Nakia insightful posts. Absolutely got the Rohan, Menz and Dahl call’s right when most were doubters or no ideas like me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Oh he's still on here heaps. Is also Cockarfitt.
Yeah he was tottally right about Rohan. I was a massive doubter. But bloody hell he's making a huge difference.

I personally prefer menegola in the 2nds. Can't trust him in high pressure finals.
I may have thought the something. but now my only knock on his exposed form of 2019 is that he can still be a little hungry to goal, and half a beat too slow to decide where to distribute. that said, his passes can be lethal. you take the good with the bad, far more good at present for mine

I lump him in with Guthrie, Henderson and Tuohy as players who go missing in finals.

You realise about 15 of our 22 go missing in finals and theres no one outside the 22 better than Menegola to replace him with dont you?

Menegola is the 28th highest ranked player in the league by AFL Player ratings. It is simply inconceivable that he is not in Geelong’s best 22. The gap between reality and his rating by some people who don’t like him must be the largest of almost any player ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Menegola is the 28th highest ranked player in the league by AFL Player ratings. It is simply inconceivable that he is not in Geelong’s best 22. The gap between reality and his rating by some people who don’t like him must be the largest of almost any player ever.
Afl player ratings had Stewart worst on ground v Crowso_O so no point using them.. But Menegola is best 22 no doubt

FWIW Menegola has been great this year and much more team oriented.
There's a reason some of us criticize though.
Are we allowed to use these AFL stats?
They are off the website.
The only player worse over the past 5 finals is Henderson.

Sam Menegola – 2
His stat line doesn't look that bad – 20 disposals and four inside 50s - but that doesn't tell the full story. Menegola's night was riddled by mistakes and he got his kicks smothered on at least four occasions. Tried to do too much with the ball at times, and took the advantage on a free kick to Daniel Menzel in the second term as the Cats were mounting a comeback but hit the post. A dirty night.

Sam Menegola – 4
Would be disappointed to have had a poor one in a preliminary final, after having had a pretty decent season. Padded his stats late to finish with 23 disposals and a goal but was nowhere when it counted. The shanked set shot for goal in the third summed up his night.

Sam Menegola – 8
Returned to top form in a big way with 26 possessions, eight tackles and two goals in a largely midfield role. Far more purposeful than last week, Menegola set the tone early with a game-high seven kicks and a goal in the first term. A terrific left-foot snap just before three-quarter-time was the cream on top.

Sam Menegola – 5
Got better after a horror start, but 15 disposals at 47 per cent efficiency is forgettable, no matter how you spin it. Had a shocking turnover kicking inside 50 at one stage, but to his credit managed to improve his rating throughout the night.

Sam Menegola – 4
His worst game since a late season debut, he could not get into the game. He had six disposals in the first half and looked shocked at the Sydney Swans' manic pressure. It should be a strong learning experience for Menegola, who ended the game with 17 touches.

Sam Menegola – 2
His stat line doesn't look that bad – 20 disposals and four inside 50s - but that doesn't tell the full story. Menegola's night was riddled by mistakes and he got his kicks smothered on at least four occasions. Tried to do too much with the ball at times, and took the advantage on a free kick to Daniel Menzel in the second term as the Cats were mounting a comeback but hit the post. A dirty night.

Sam Menegola – 4
Would be disappointed to have had a poor one in a preliminary final, after having had a pretty decent season. Padded his stats late to finish with 23 disposals and a goal but was nowhere when it counted. The shanked set shot for goal in the third summed up his night.

Sam Menegola – 8
Returned to top form in a big way with 26 possessions, eight tackles and two goals in a largely midfield role. Far more purposeful than last week, Menegola set the tone early with a game-high seven kicks and a goal in the first term. A terrific left-foot snap just before three-quarter-time was the cream on top.

Sam Menegola – 5
Got better after a horror start, but 15 disposals at 47 per cent efficiency is forgettable, no matter how you spin it. Had a shocking turnover kicking inside 50 at one stage, but to his credit managed to improve his rating throughout the night.

Sam Menegola – 4
His worst game since a late season debut, he could not get into the game. He had six disposals in the first half and looked shocked at the Sydney Swans' manic pressure. It should be a strong learning experience for Menegola, who ended the game with 17 touches.
They are not stats. They are one person’s opinion.

Ahhh, but was is a stat?
Yes some are tangible like goals and behinds, but things like tackles, DE%, pressure acts, clangers and so on are all the persons opinion counting them at the time.
Yeah ok. Ya got me.

They correlate with my own, to be honest. He's not Robinson Crusoe but he's not done well in September.
Correct. I’m not arguing he’s not been s**t. I just don’t think it’s meaningful when everyone has been s**t.

Correct. I’m not arguing he’s not been s**t. I just don’t think it’s meaningful when everyone has been s**t.
Not really. Quite a few of our good players have been well below their best but not garbage performances.
Some players like Bews, Zuthrie, Oconnor , Scooter, and Motlop in his last year. have played above average.
And yes a few have put together consistent horrible games.

Sam Menegola – 2

Sam Menegola – 4

Sam Menegola – 8

Sam Menegola – 5

Sam Menegola – 4
Menegola is slow but gets away with it during the year. As soon as the intensity increases he struggles in the finals. He seems to come on stronger towards the ends of games when the heat come out of it and his endurance can have more of an effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back