Autopsy Geelong defeated by Adelaide by 21 points

Remove this Banner Ad

This is disgraceful, nasty nasty crap. As if he eye gouged him. The kray twins go around belting people with impunity and were at it friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can't win with Selwood-everyone hates him and there is no rational response from most of them. He could cure cnacer and they would find fault in him. Its a lost cause.

You can't win with Selwood-everyone hates him and there is no rational response from most of them. He could cure cnacer and they would find fault in him. Its a lost cause.

You'd hate him too if you'd seen him continually rack up BOG performances, AA captaincies and premierships while your team wallows in mediocrity for eternity.

You promoted it as 'proof' to substantiate your claim.

And the like has since been removed. Oops

Yes, never in the history of professional sports has a player posted something on the internet, and then taken it down later when he realised it could cause a shitstorm or on advice from his team, etc etc. I'm afraid you've got me there.

Yes, never in the history of professional sports has a player posted something on the internet, and then taken it down later when he realised it could cause a shitstorm or on advice from his team, etc etc. I'm afraid you've got me there.
Or because he realised he's a little biatch?

Or when they realise there's no substance to their wild allegation, and continuing with it will only make them look dumb and dumber

That's not my accusation at all, it's Riley Knight's.

Whether it's true or not is a different matter entirely, but it's a very odd thing to do if he doesn't believe it.
I would have thought that regardless of the veracity of the claim, it's pretty ordinary form to put it on twitter.
Joel gets hammered week in, week out plenty of illegal, brutal and nasty stuff-you don't see him sooking it up on social media about it.

Or they remove it because it fires up the simpletons..... Looks like that worked

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, just not directly - note that Riley Knight has 'liked' one of these posts, which would be an odd thing to do if he didn't believe it. It's tantamount to an accusation.

View attachment 395231

Appreciate you sharing that but I'm fairly relieved that's all it is.
Don't be put off by my fellow cat fans giving you stick, any little info to share is good info.

We're the team to hate at the moment, opposition supporters have always frothed over Selwood, but they've even started to take cracks at Dangerfield as of late. Expect it to get a bit worse with us now asking for home games/finals. Personally I love it, little old Geelong the antagonists of the AFL, it's quite exciting.

It's odd tho isn't it ?

I never see us go out and snipe or get overly physical or dirty aka hawthorn Fremantle style. So why the hate towards us? Find it intriguing. Is it just rubbing people the wrong way how good we have been for a long sustained time and it's becoming envious??

We are by far the longest sustained successful team.

the rules committee has never had issues with Selwood technique for dismantling the tackle. Yet it seems to drive supporters of opposition clubs into meltdowns which I enjoy watching.

So when we win Sog is he accepting s**t then? And given that we've won a fair bit then he must be accepting allot of s**t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Motlop, Stanley, Kolo and Guth been stinking it up win, lose and draw most of this and last yes accepting fair amount of s**t in wins too. Is why we go down like such a spectacular bag of s**t in losses. Opposition limit Dangerwood then this lot offer even less than usual.

HarryT matched up on a first gamer and kicking 5 second half goals flattered our score.
Harry T had a great 2nd half. Technically though Otten was his direct opponent for 2 of those goals. JPod in a post match interview made the comment that the coaches only attributed 1 of Harry's goals directly to Keath. That could have been for public "feel good" though

You promoted it as 'proof' to substantiate your claim.

And the like has since been removed. Oops
The like has been removed probably on advisement from the club, or second thoughts by the player. Its presence, though, confirms that Knight himself believed he was gouged.

J Selwood is an excellent player, who I could admire immensely if he didn't resort to playing so hard for frees. I think most of the footy community agrees.

Anyway, 1-1 this year, should be a ripper final if we meet you guys. All the best for the rest of it. :thumbsu:

The like has been removed probably on advisement from the club, or second thoughts by the player. Its presence, though, confirms that Knight himself believed he was gouged.

J Selwood is an excellent player, who I could admire immensely if he didn't resort to playing so hard for frees. I think most of the footy community agrees.

Anyway, 1-1 this year, should be a ripper final if we meet you guys. All the best for the rest of it. :thumbsu:

You sound fair minded, and I think you'd agree on watching the replay that any contact to the eyes, if there was any, was purely incidental at best.

It's odd tho isn't it ?

I never see us go out and snipe or get overly physical or dirty aka hawthorn Fremantle style. So why the hate towards us? Find it intriguing. Is it just rubbing people the wrong way how good we have been for a long sustained time and it's becoming envious??

We are by far the longest sustained successful team.

the rules committee has never had issues with Selwood technique for dismantling the tackle. Yet it seems to drive supporters of opposition clubs into meltdowns which I enjoy watching.
It's because we are continuing to stay relevant. They are envious. They have always gone off about Joel but they used to say 'it's not an anti-Geelong thing, we love Dangerfield'. Blah blah.
But we have kept winning this year and now danger apparently is the second worst cheat in the comp.
The reasons they find for hating us are so completely irrational and so without substance or applicable to all the teams, that it has to be based on emotions.
It's weird though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back