Autopsy Geelong defeated by Adelaide by 21 points

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't like this re emergence of 'dirty' tagging. Whether it is Selwood,Sloane or
any other player. The game is ugly and contested enough as it is, and the umps and other officials need to crack down on it. We don't really see it as much in other sports. We get precious about 'dissing' a players girlfriend or whatnot but let guys poke, punch, and belt each other off the ball.
We come to see the good players play, not get goaded and hounded into frustration.

Last edited:
It's because we are continuing to stay relevant. They are envious. They have always gone off about Joel but they used to say 'it's not an anti-Geelong thing, we love Dangerfield'. Blah blah.
But we have kept winning this year and now danger apparently is the second worst cheat in the comp.
The reasons they find for hating us are so completely irrational and so without substance or applicable to all the teams, that it has to be based on emotions.
It's weird though.

Agree. It is envy of our continuous success. Supporters can't stand us at the top.

In terms of playing dirty, I would have thought even from an unbiased point of view... actually what would I know about that... I was born with a Geelong jumper in my crib.

Anyway, from what I see we legitimately play quite fair and to the rules?? I don't even see us go out sniping or playing dirty. We don't go giving our cheapies or off the ball punches. We usually are the ones on the end of them from lower teams.

Agree. It is envy of our continuous success. Supporters can't stand us at the top.

In terms of playing dirty, I would have thought even from an unbiased point of view... actually what would I know about that... I was born with a Geelong jumper in my crib.

Anyway, from what I see we legitimately play quite fair and to the rules?? I don't even see us go out sniping or playing dirty. We don't go giving our cheapies or off the ball punches. We usually are the ones on the end of them from lower teams.
Really? You didn't notice Selwood give a quick fist to Douglas' jaw before he got a free for being pushed over in our D50?

FYI guys this is why Knight fired up so strongly.. I doubt anything will come of it personally but def going for the eye.
full

Really? You didn't notice Selwood give a quick fist to Douglas' jaw before he got a free for being pushed over in our D50?
Lol on the Richter scale Geelong is definitely on the 'cleaner' side.
ps Selwood cops it non stop from
the opposition - Douglas had probably clocked him before that- really it's just a silly argument.

Its a meaningless image. Who knows what happened.Who
knows what knight was doing to Selwood during the game -toughen up.
It's just flat earther stuff. They've already decided what happened, so all evidence is viewed in that light.

Mind you I'm not sure Croweaters are up to speed on the heliocentric model.

FYI guys this is why Knight fired up so strongly.. I doubt anything will come of it personally but def going for the eye.
full
* off. He's lying on the ground being infringed and Selwood is entitled to push him in the face to get him off him.

Why are you wasting energy on this?

Nope. All I've seen is your supporters posting embarrassing images of knights sitting on top of Selwood throwing a tantrum bearing over him and your all jumping up and down saying "look look! A finger of Joel's went within some proximity of knights eye". Never mind the bleeding obvious that knights is a pure thug standing over the top of him trying to be mr tough man throwing himself everywhere.

To poke an eye, a finger actually has to go into an eye, requirement 101. Do you guys need diagrams or something??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

full

No. He's pushing his face as he is in the vulnerable position trying to get the ass clown off the top of him. There's no scrape back and forward over the eyes, nor does the player roll away with any pain or scratching around the eyes.

You lot are as dumb as dog shite.

Again, if Selwood tackled a bloke behind the play, without the ball, and hung on like Sloane did and broke another player's leg there would be a national witch-hunt.

Still think Geelong and Adelaide grand final, will put my money where my mouth is

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I don't like this re emergence of 'dirty' tagging. Whether it is Selwood,Sloane or
any other player. The game is ugly and contested enough as it is, and the umps and other officials need to crack down on it. We don't really see it as much in other sports. We get precious about 'dissing' a players girlfriend or whatnot but let guys poke, punch, and belt each other off the ball.
We come to see the good players play, not get goaded and hounded into frustration.
It's ok.. the response to tagging now is simply to break your opponents leg and call it fair in play.

Go. Catters

Round 18 vs Adelaide Centre Bounce Combinations

Q1:

20.00 - Smith, Dangerfield, J.Selwood, Duncan
19.35 - Smith, Dangerfield, J.Selwood, Duncan
14.33 - Stanley, J.Selwood, Duncan, S.Selwood
13.52 - Stanley, J.Selwood, Duncan, S.Selwood
11.50 - Stanley, J.Selwood, S.Selwood, Guthrie
5.55 - Smith, Dangerfield, Duncan, Menegola
2.33 - Smith, Dangerfield, J.Selwood, S.Selwood

Q2:

20.00 - Stanley, Dangerfield, J.Selwood, S.Selwood
17.25 - Stanley, J.Selwood, Menegola, Guthrie
16.11 - Stanley, J.Selwood, Duncan, Blicavs
14.51 - Smith, Duncan, Blicavs, Menegola
14.33 - Smith, J.Selwood, Blicavs, Menegola
12.03 - Smith, J.Selwood, Duncan, Motlop
10.13 - Smith, J.Selwood, Duncan, Blicavs
0.36 - Stanley, J.Selwood, Duncan, Blicavs

Q3:

20.00 - Smith, Dangerfield, J.Selwood, Duncan
17.27 - Smith, Dangerfield, J.Selwood, Duncan
14.21 - Stanley, Duncan, Blicavs, Menegola
12.07 - Stanley, Dangerfield, J.Selwood, Blicavs
11.06 - Stanley, Dangerfield, J.Selwood, Blicavs
10.19 - Smith, Dangerfield, J.Selwood, Duncan
8.24 - Smith, Dangerfield, Duncan, S.Selwood
1.00 - Stanley, Dangerfield, J.Selwood, Duncan

Q4:

20.00 - Smith, Dangerfield, J.Selwood, Guthrie
13.10 - Stanley, Dangerfield, S.Selwood, Guthrie
12.39 - Stanley, Dangerfield, J.Selwood, S.Selwood
9.52 - Stanley, Dangerfield, J.Selwood, S.Selwood

Centre Bounce Attendences:

Stanley: 14/27
Smith: 13/27

J.Selwood: 22/27
Dangerfield: 16/27
Duncan: 16/27
S.Selwood: 9/27
Blicavs: 8/27
Menegola: 5/27
Guthrie: 4/27
Motlop: 1/27

We same throughout the game especially 1st qtr. You obviously we not watching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I never mentioned anything about your accuracy champ. Just replying to someone who thought we were kicking goals out of our ass all night. When realistically we were missing 8 getable set shots from 40 out for over a quarter and a half

I never mentioned anything about your accuracy champ. Just replying to someone who thought we were kicking goal out of our ass. When realistically we were missing 8 gettable set shots from 40 out for over a quarter
You missed eight shots that were largely low percentage efforts. Doesn't help that it was Tex on a couple of occasions, he's a garbage kick.

The fact that all your late chances were at range is a pretty clear indication that the game had significantly shifted, even if you just want to bury your head in the sand. And you still outperformed your xscore.

You missed eight shots that were largely low percentage efforts. Doesn't help that it was Tex on a couple of occasions, he's a garbage kick.

The fact that all your late chances were at range is a pretty clear indication that the game had significantly shifted, even if you just want to bury your head in the sand. And you still outperformed your xscore.
"Tex is a Garbage Kick"

You lost all credibility as soon as you said that!

"Tex is a Garbage Kick"

You lost all credibility as soon as you said that!
Would you prefer mediocre? He's been reasonably on target but gee a lot of his shots look average. I wouldn't want him kicking for my life at range, that's fit sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back