Autopsy Geelong defeated by Adelaide by 21 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Were you not informed that there IS someone who kicks more long range goals than Tex, as claimed by you, and wasn't it also demonstrated that his accuracy is average at best?
To clarify, I was arguing that's tex was a very good Long range goal, which has not been disproved by anyone, and was the entire point that I was originally discussing with Landgraft. Buddy also being good (which was a side comment that people seem to think was the entire point) doesn't disprove that.

Believe me I'd be as happy as anyone to get off the merrigo round.

To clarify, I was arguing that's tex was a very good Long range goal, which has not been disproved by anyone, and was the entire point that I was originally discussing with Landgraft. Buddy also being good (which was a side comment that people seem to think was the entire point) doesn't disprove that.

Believe me I'd be as happy as anyone to get off the merrigo round.

I think LF came into it when you claimed no-one had probably kicked more long range goals over the last 2-3 years than Tex.

Anyhow, this merry-go-round has done a couple of laps too many already.

Agree to disagree, in all seriousness I would recommend you to watch a few more Crows games and watch him go for the long ball. Sure everyone skews a few, but Tex sends them through the middle of the goals from 55+ very often. Especially set shots (which usually spooks the big men).

champ
all tex the brave did was punch blokes in the back
Hawkins fronts up and lays a tap, and your sook of players drop like the s**t they are

the crows are a bunch of soft jocks

if the niggle was penalised and the umps didn't pay 500,345 frees you would be still in your wet dacks

Tell you what, if we meet Adelaide in the finals, it'll be on like Donkey Kong:

- Sloane breaking Blicavs' leg in an inexplicable tackle behind the play on a player shepherding a teammate.
- Knight vs Selwood.
- Crows players whinging to the umpire over Knight vs Selwood
- Josh Jenkin coming out and saying he thought Dangerfield took a dive to get a free.
- Hawkins vs Crouch from earlier in the year.

I think we played poorly on Friday night. However I think its a reflection of where we the club has been positioned for quite sometime. I will echo Vdubs here and suggest we are doing quite well off an average list.

It's hard to pick apart what we have, what we need and what we don't need.

I think we are very suss in the Rucks; Smith and Stanley just lack a lot of presence I'd love a Ruckman to have.

Hawkins I've been suss on for years, he looks best when he's on the move not wrestling 3 people. I'll be honest and say I'd hate to see us draft another forward like him, I just don't think the gorilla game style full forward is viable in the modern game. Even when he causes a spill to the ground we lack the class on the bottom of packs to make good things happen.

Changes for next week:

In: Parfitt (if fit, otherwise Cocky) Mackie Buzza Abbott Thurlow Jones
Out: Stanley Motlop C.Guthrie Z.Guthrie Parsons Blicavs

No way will they do this. Motlop has a good pass. Until he's out we aren't winning anything.

Any danger of adding something beneficial to the thread?
Check out the Crows forum right now, not happy with VFL360 and the lack of talk about this mythical "gouge" :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Check out the Crows forum right now, not happy with VFL360 and the lack of talk about this mythical "gouge" :D

Was mildly amused by a still shot they had of a Geelong player spitting (think it was Hawkins) with a Crows player in the frame and the natives getting riled up because they think Hawkins was trying to spit on another player. :rolleyes:

We thought Hawks fans were mental dwarves last week. Adelaide fans make them look like Rhodes scholars in comparison.

Hamgate.

ADELAIDE captain Taylor Walker says Geelong’s Harry Taylor bizarrely had a slice of ham in his hand when he shook Crow Josh Jenkins’ hand after Friday’s top-of-the-table clash at Adelaide Oval.

“I wasn’t there when it actually happened but ‘JJ’ filled me in and said that when he shook Harry Taylor’s hand there was a slice of ham in there,’’ Walker told Triple M.

“I don't have the answer as to why but ... it’s different.’’

Mitch is now a father.

GEELONG Cats star Mitch Duncan and his partner Demi Miles have welcomed their first child.

The couple introduced their baby girl, Scarlet Rayne Duncan, to the world this week.

Ms Miles shared adorable snaps of their bundle of joy on Instagram, with the little girl snuggled up in her doting dad’s arms.

“Our little princess Scarlet is here,” Ms Miles posted on Tuesday morning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back