No Oppo Supporters Geelong defeated by Richmond in PF by 19 points

Remove this Banner Ad

His said the majority of fans support the club and that it is a small minority send abusive messages.

You are focusing on the abusive messages rather than how he suggests that most fans support the direction of the club, that the people who don't aren't intellectually capable of doing so, and that we should be happy with third. That there is a focus on the abuse at all suggests he has caught you hook line and sinker. He wants you to focus on the abuse for the same reason that he deflected Roo's point about the widespread criticism not only coming from cat fans. I really don't know how else to explain it to you. He wants you to focus on the mystery abuse because it deflects from the same pressure that Roos and Robbo was putting on him. Unfortunately, he managed to do it whilst insulting cat fans and anyone who dare question the club and in doing so has provided another reason why we need a clean out.
Again that is your interpretation. I think you are wrong. I did not hear him mention 'the people who don't support the direction of the club aren't intellectually capable of doing so' you have twice used this phrase, are you quoting him? At no stage did I hear him insult Cat fans, I did hear him express concern over the abusive letters that were sent.

Of course. He is supposed to have capacity to do that based on his experience. He is also human and probably hurting and is defensive.
Maybe but he is the Leader of the club. Holds the highest position and should be talking to the Members about the team, and what we hope for next season. Not telling us that we aren't intellectual enough to know that Chris Scott is a good bloke and a good Coach. Not many of us supporters would know Scott personally so couldn't judge that. Who the heck is Colin Carter anyway, oh that's right the one who was in Barcelona, gadding about the world when perhaps he should have been here being the club President. And having our CEO do some of the talk around a home final, after all the Board and the CEO have pushed the new stadiums not Chris Scott.

Again that is your interpretation. I think you are wrong. I did not hear him mention 'the people who don't support the direction of the club aren't intellectually capable of doing so' you have twice used this phrase, are you quoting him? At no stage did I hear him insult Cat fans, I did hear him express concern over the abusive letters that were sent.
Fair enough.

He said that he doesn't understand the criticism of Scott. Suggests that people who critique don't have the capacity to understand and that Scott is a great guy and a good coach.

Fair enough.

He said that he doesn't understand the criticism of Scott. Suggests that people who critique don't have the capacity to understand and that Scott is a great guy and a good coach.
I don’t think it’s just this one incident , it’s been several incidents over the years that has compounded to a point where some are just pissed off at the communication and leadership coming from the club towards the fans.

They are in their own little bubble with no idea of what’s happening

I don’t think it’s just this one incident , it’s been several incidents over the years that has compounded to a point where some are just pi**ed off at the communication and leadership coming from the club towards the fans.

They are in their own little bubble with no idea of what’s happening
Perhaps Strangely(to you and others), I’m a member, supporter and fan and I’m not pissed off with what they say. I get their perspective and I’m ok with it.

Can we get the thread back on track please and keep this thread to discussion about Friday night

For those wishing to discuss comments by Carter, what is or isn't appropriate to be said etc, there is a thread for that:

Thanks

Whoops I didn't realise it was on 2 seperate threads. My deepest apologies cats_09 , I promise it will not happen again*

*Terms and Conditions apply. No guarantee given.

All good - just a bit like things with Scott, it can be easier to keep them in one place rather than distracting the discussion in multiple threads

So many bad decisions. Who carries can?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No one it seems. There seems to be a real lack of leadership outside of the group. There's no ownership of obvious selection or management decisions.

Then they push back in this arrogant manner, to say that all those outside of the group know nothing. It's laughable.

If they knew all, why hire leadership experts in 2006?

The 2e interview with 3AW where he's pointed the finger at those whom question the ruck issues vs the Pies and where Blitz didn't play in defence smacked of utter arrogance; obviously following the line of the coach.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like his review after last year final exit?

Talk is cheap at this point personally

Come on now, compared to last year, we’ve done so much better.

The situation is not binary - win premiership or failed season. It’s degrees of success.

There was significant improvement this year. Young players in the team, pressure in the forward line, finished first in the regular season, strong defence and offence, strong contest winning team, least likely for turnovers to score goals, most ground ball gets in the forward line.

I’d say the review was effective.

We were beaten at a team at their peak - who somehow ended up with the best young forward in the game, despite having other superstars in their team (how does their salary cap fit him in?).

The aim is to continue improving. I’m sure we will.

Operating on very little sleep, so my apologies if this is all over the shop.

The overriding feeling is one of that was a waste. The whole damn season. 11-1 at the bye, two games clear on top, then go 6-7 for the remainder of the year and miss out on a GF place has to render the season a failure. And this is probably unfair on what has been achieved this year, but in the heat of the moment it feels like an incredible opportunity lost and these golden opportunities don't come around very often. This was the best chance to win a flag since 2013, and like that year we threw it away. Large parts of this season eerily mirrored that year, and unfortunately the finals series was pretty much a carbon copy.

Did we overachieve in the first half of the season? I generally dislike the term, because you can only perform to your ability IMO. To lose just the one game was beyond any of our wildest expectations, but it set the season up, well it should have. To not only lose more games than we won in the second half of the season, but to not string consecutive victories together at any stage is a massive indictment.

On to the game, and honestly I couldn't fault the effort. And to see so many of the young players have an impact, while guys who have had their colours lowered in previous finals campaigns perform very well was refreshing. 21 pts up at HT, the game on our terms, we couldn't have been in a better position. I knew Richmond would have momentum, too good a side not to, but we were completely overwhelmed in the midfield after half time. I don't have the stats with me, but I'd love to know the Inside 50's after half time. We looked cooked physically and were running on fumes for much of the last quarter.

The first half was almost faultless. The response after the Richmond burst early was fantastic and it was little Gryan doing the damage, he had a hand in everything. The midfield were well on top, with TK, PFD and the skipper having a huge influence. To be honest, we should have been further in front at HT. 3.6 for the quarter, and there were some very gettable goals missed, no more than Blicavs woeful shot only 30m out. Had we managed to be at least 5 goals up then who knows, it's a different ball game. The defence was rock solid, and the game was on our terms.

The second half we were overrun, particularly in the midfield. Surely Danger was injured, as he was a passenger for that entire second half. When we were under the pump, it was concerning we were operating with Parfitt and Narkle - who both were good I thought on the night, in the centre square.
We'd been so assured and controlled with our ball use, but as the pressure increased it fell apart and players started making mistakes. And started turning the ball over in dangerous positions where Richmond slingshot up the ground. And the constant forward pressure didn't give a chance to settle and slow the play down. In the last quarter we looked out on our feet and basically treading water. For the hard work they put in, it was painful to watch such an chance slip away.

It's times like these I hate having so much emotional investment in sport. This will hurt for a long time. Not just last night, but the season as a whole. An utter waste.
Bloody hell. Posts like these are why I'm grateful for BigFooty.

Being objective, this finals series we played 6 very good quarters out of 12. Up there with the best since 2011. The other 6 destroyed us and are emblematic of the Scott led finals failures. You just can't win a premiership by being a very good team half of the time. The home and away season gave us some clues and the finals hammered the point home. It is a waste because they were good enough this year. 2016 I felt the same but in the prelim just didnt show up until QT when it was game over. This will hurt, and it's because this year we were genuinely good enough to take home the chocolates.

Like most comments here, we do not have the information. Was Danger fit enough to go back to the MF?
They make their moves with knowledge and information. We make our suggestions with hope and anguish, and retrospective analysis.
Blicavs was a winner last week on the wing, and nobody would have stopped that supply to Lynch. He is an awesome talent, and Taylor is or was no slouch, and we also had Hendo .
The big factor here is and was HAWKINS. Not just his direct contribution to goals but his strength and ability to make space for Sav. We ALL knew his absence would be costly, and the margin reflects that. Kudos for CS for actually giving the Tigers something to think about at half time. Any other arguments are spilt milk until people can accept and appreciate how great this Richmond team is.
Blicavs was a winner last week? In my eyes he was torched by Gaff and was our biggest liability. The fact that they stuck with him in the same position that he has been comprehensively dismantled in time and time again, is a massive indictment on Chris Scott. Take the blinkers off and be objective for a second. At the moment you're nothing but a Chris Scott spin boy, which is sad because there is serious knowledge beneath that.

Last time GWS played the Hawks in Sydney they won by 9 points - so not sure what you're going on about
Hawks 85-GWS 29 round 21 then they got flogged by dogs. Poor form in lead up to finals, yet they got it together. A credit to their organization I would’ve thought.

Blicavs was a winner last week? In my eyes he was torched by Gaff and was our biggest liability. The fact that they stuck with him in the same position that he has been comprehensively dismantled in time and time again, is a massive indictment on Chris Scott. Take the blinkers off and be objective for a second. At the moment you're nothing but a Chris Scott spin boy, which is sad because there is serious knowledge beneath that.
I didn't see it that way last week, but you are possibly correct. We had serious issues at half time which meant we left, so only saw snippets of the second half on replay.

But CS does not need me as a spin boy, nor anyone for that matter.

Geelong won't always be in such a position, and when they no longer are, you'll be looking back at this period and wondering what could have been.
Or you'll look back and smile.

Hawks 85-GWS 29 round 21 then they got flogged by dogs. Poor form in lead up to finals, yet they got it together. A credit to their organization I would’ve thought.

That match wasn't in Sydney - this is what you said: Did you see them play hawks in Sydney it was horrible, but they got their s**t together .

And the last time GWS hosted the Hawks in Sydney, the Giants actually won by 11 points (misread first time), final score of 95 def 84

Being objective, this finals series we played 6 very good quarters out of 12. Up there with the best since 2011. The other 6 destroyed us and are emblematic of the Scott led finals failures. You just can't win a premiership by being a very good team half of the time. The home and away season gave us some clues and the finals hammered the point home. It is a waste because they were good enough this year. 2016 I felt the same but in the prelim just didnt show up until QT when it was game over. This will hurt, and it's because this year we were genuinely good enough to take home the chocolates.

IMO we were also good enough in 2013, 2016, 2017 and now 2019. I’ve put 2017 in there because even though we got slaughtered in the PF against Adelaide, we finished 2nd only % off 1st places Crows, and showed, like this year that our best is good enough.

That’s the thing that frustrates us fans the most with our team under Scott, our best is good enough, it’s been shown, but we just don’t see it in finals often enough.

IMO we were also good enough in 2013, 2016, 2017 and now 2019. I’ve put 2017 in there because even though we got slaughtered in the PF against Adelaide, we finished 2nd only % off 1st places Crows, and showed, like this year that our best is good enough.

That’s the thing that frustrates us fans the most with our team under Scott, our best is good enough, it’s been shown, but we just don’t see it in finals often enough.

I still maintain looking at ladder position with us is dangerous... our home games against junk sides cant inflate that figure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back