Autopsy Geelong defeated by Swans by 46 points..

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, we miss him. Massively.
I have been and remain a critic of Motlop. But on Friday night we could have used him in the forward 50. Well we could have used anyone, even me, in the forward 50 because there was no-one else there. Why don't we play and instruct him to play as a small forward.

I've got the greatest admiration for the Swans recruiters, you unfortunately with your opinion are way off the mark. Here's a list of players Swans got by great recruiting nous.
Rookies - Rampe, Grundy, Papley, Jack, Smith, Naismith, Lloyd, Newman, Melican from the Falcons!
Traded in - Kennedy, Sinclair
Pick 40 - Parker
Pick 30 - Hanneberry
Pick 38 Reid
Pick 32 Hewett
That's an awful lot of class recruited well out of the certainty zone. In fact Friday night their whole backline was rookie selections!

And with respect, the Swans academy zone is in non AFL territory, nothing like the fertile Falcons area.

I also have great respect for our recruiters who have assembled a top of the table list with very few top selections and no Father/Sons. No side has less top selections than The Crows.
Mate the AFL has gifted the $wans more recruiters and pumped more rescources into them more than any other team, the swans have been close to bankrumptcy three times! Each time they have been bailed out by the AFL. With only 2 flags to show for a 10% advantage over all other clubs they have underachieved big time IMO

Round 20 vs Sydney Player Spotlight: JAKE KOLODJASHNIJ (Full Match Edit)

Jake Kolodjashnij Round 20 vs Sydney
19 disposals
10 kicks
9 handballs
7 marks
3 inside 50s
52.6% disposal efficiency

IF the MC watch this, he'll be playing VFL next week. A very ordinary performance, full of errors and turnovers.

IF the MC watch this, he'll be playing VFL next week. A very ordinary performance, full of errors and turnovers.
Considering we'll want a relatively small backline I wouldn't be that surprised, but being internally rated and our bare cupboard may save him.

Not just loves him, needs him. If you don't give him games, he leaves, then Lonergan retires and our backline becomes very undersized. Sometimes you've gotta carry players hoping they'll turn a corner i.e. Murdoch.
If Baudolino made full match edits of Murdoch's last few games it would be clear that he's not even halfway around the bend let alone turned the corner.

Not just loves him, needs him. If you don't give him games, he leaves, then Lonergan retires and our backline becomes very undersized. Sometimes you've gotta carry players hoping they'll turn a corner i.e. Murdoch.
If we're looking for Kolo to hold down a key post in place of Lonergan, we'll be in some trouble. The side is finished for sure once Taylor and Lonergan retire.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back