Autopsy Geelong defeated by Tigers by 31 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a ******* shame. It's as if the players didn't think Richmond would make any changes after half time. We all knew they would! Anyway getting Cameron and Higgins next year won't be enough. Gonna have to look at changing the game plan again. Really want to see more overlap support and way more pressure on the ball carrier. Also need to look at moving the ball a lot quicker.

Was Parfitt playing?

Dislocated a thumb or finger during the first quarter and then re-injured it before quarter time when he tried to tackle in our forward 50

Definitely impacted his game & ultimately he only played 51% of the game which is his lowest since injury against the Hawks last year. Only Vlaustin spent less time on the ground

After that 4th quarter, I'm actually quite zen.

Despite shitting the bed in the 3rd, we simply had nothing more to give, they completely outworked us.

Hope Simpsons alright.

That Menegola mark will go down in the Goddard tier of near on the greatest mark you'll ever see but came in a loss.

After that 4th quarter, I'm actually quite zen.

Despite shitting the bed in the 3rd, we simply had nothing more to give, they completely outworked us.

Hope Simpsons alright.
Yeah that's my vibe.

Can't be said hereafter that Guthrie doesn't give the effort.
Not going to point fingers, too infantile to start assigning blame. We got beat by the Vandals/Goths/uncivilized barbarian tribe that doesn't play by the traditional rules. It is what it was.
Have to come back with resolve to stand against the pressure and hit targets. Let it feed the fire boys. You are nearly there.

Last edited:
What a waste if time. Could've put a replay of last years prelim on in the afternoon to get the same experience.

That Hawthorn game and that semi agsinst Sydney should never have happened. Imagine wasting your best player in a forward line you can't reach in a grand final.

We lost to an average Richmond team. Scott has not learned a thing from any of our previous encounters.
Average Richmond team? 3 in 4 years, back to back. Say what you will about their style of play, how attractive they are, but they are a bloody good team relative to the competition standards of the last 4 years. And all the plaudits one would heap on Geelong - for overcoming the difficulties of the hubs, winning repeatedly interstate - belong just as equally to them.

Your latter point I don't disagree with. Ultimately the game went about the same way it did the previous few encounters. Don't want to get into arguments about the coach at this stage, but not the first time we've had sides that just incessantly take us to the cleaners in very similar fashion. Perhaps one can drill a side to play a certain way but can't figure out how to get them to counter other top sides' plans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need a new forwardlne!
Well get a new one next year. Myers should be playing up in the midfield more. My main hope is that Geelong go after miss in the draft. The backline is fine the forward line will be better by having Cameron in it and then we could do with getting maybe one or two more small forwards. Feel funnily enough that we could get there next season if it is the case we can get over Richmond.

Should have been 30 points up at half time. Blew it. Then looked like Dad’s army in the second half. They were totally spent. A few of horrendous decisions by the umpire didn’t help in the third but only for a short period.

Tigers were great in the second half after being totally outplayed in the first half...second quarter especially. Everything also bounced their way in the second half.

So proud of the cats. They’re an amazing club and were beaten by the better team on the night. They’ve managed to stay around the top for 17 years without high draft picks...it’s amazing.

Last edited:
We need to follow in Richmond's footsteps and appoint a full time mental coach as well. Maybe then we won't go back into our shells whenever our opponents bring the pressure.

I feel as though I am genuinely mentally afflicted. Very numb right now. The idea of winning a premiership never seemed really possible. There is a barrier. It never really felt real, we were never really playing in a Grand Final.

But, we can be proud of this year. And as I have said many times over the past decade to prevent my descent into madness - at least there’s next year. Bring on Cameron.

I've watched the boys lose more GF's than they've won in the last 50 years.

Each one hurts, it guts you...... But with time you realise that the sun still comes up the next day, your job is just the same, and the dog still loves you.

Yes, it's a passionate pastime, you invest emotionally, but always remember, it's just a game. It doesn't cure cancer, feed the homeless, or stop wars.

Life goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back