Autopsy Geelong defeated by Tigers by 31 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry everyone. It sucks.
Very sad. Kind of angry too. I'll hear that effort doesn't exist but it does.
2 50+ turnarounds in 2 finals in 2 years in a row is a real kick in the guts and dumbfounding and maybe my standards are too high but not good enough.
But for a half it was great to be there and I thank every single one of you for sharing this year together. I love you all. Wish we won.

What a ******* shame. It's as if the players didn't think Richmond would make any changes after half time. We all knew they would! Anyway getting Cameron and Higgins next year won't be enough. Gonna have to look at changing the game plan again. Really want to see more overlap support and way more pressure on the ball carrier. Also need to look at moving the ball a lot quicker.
You may be correct although not convinced about getting Higgins, too old. But as for for the game plan. Can you really see Scott changing that. He has had how many dratted years and not learnt a thing.

We just can't beat Richmond. Probably the only reason we made the grand final is because we didn't meet the tigers before then. They lost a key defender and still creamed us. Scott and Co's control game just doesn't stand up to that type of game. Honestely if we were up by 40 at half time we still would've lost.

Until we can do something about that history will continue to repeat - cameron or no cameron

We need to follow in Richmond's footsteps and appoint a full time mental coach as well. Maybe then we won't go back into our shells whenever our opponents bring the pressure.
Its been a problem for a long long time - we don't handle pressure. Our 2007 team loved it and always rose to the occasion - this team panics and shrinks into their shells.. I mentioned a while back we need a psychologist - its so obvious that Richmond have so much belief and confidence. Ours comes and goes quicker than you can say hi.

Let the dust settle on this one I'd say.

Hell of a year, hell of a journey, hell of a team we're up against.

Are they Geelong 07-11, Brisbane or Hawthorn Threepeat good? I still say no, but they're a hell of a team nonetheless, and deserve full credit for what they've been able to do.

We just don't have that extra gear that they have, it's as simple as that. To make things a little better, the same goes for the rest of the competition ATM.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I've watched the boys lose more GF's than they've won in the last 50 years.

Each one hurts, it guts you...... But with time you realise that the sun still comes up the next day, your job is just the same, and the dog still loves you.

Yes, it's a passionate pastime, you invest emotionally, but always remember, it's just a game. It doesn't cure cancer, feed the homeless, or stop wars.

Life goes on.
I was going to say something similar but you said it better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Three finals this year where we should have had a 4-6 goal lead at half time but instead trailed (Port), led by 5 points (Lions) and led by 15 (Tigers).

Just weren’t able to capitalise enough when we had the game on our terms.

Proud of the season overall, and a terrible shame that injury stopped us from a chance at a last piece of Ablett magic.

I thought Stanley and Blicavs would wear Nankervis down as the game went on, but the opposite happened. Richmond smashed us in the middle in the 2nd half, and Nankervis was a huge part of that.

Dangerfield is overrated as a forward imo. It robs us for too much in the middle for not enough return on investment. If you look up his stats, the years where he has played a high percentage of games in the F50 have actually been worse from a goalkicking perspective than the years when he has spent the majority of games in the middle. When he kicked 45 in 2017 nearly all of those were as a mid.

Think we wasted him up forward tonight.

Should of been further up at half time but wernt and tigers made us pay.
Heat just has to come for perennial finals failure players such as Rohan, kolo and Blitz they just turn to absolute water. Scott out coached again too. Someone just anyone had to sacrifice their game for Dusty but instead Kolo just played a metre off him.... Just brain dead stuff. Silver lining is if you ever want to lose a granny this is the year as it honestly didn't feel as 'real' given the season and the venue. Chuck in Cameeron and hopefully some pace and hopefully hungrier next year

Sucks that Gaz got injured in the first few minutes so we couldn't see him at full flight for one last time.
You are beautiful, winty 😊 Just look at him now, tears welling 😻 Gaz + his Dad has given generations so much joy + they certainly made our CATS GO!!!

Thought Guthrie and Stewart were excellent.

Our game plan does not suit wet weather football. Unlucky to get a wet weather game.

Guthrie, Stewart, Duncan, Taylor, Selwood, Stanley can all hold their heads high.

Ablett, Parfitt can too. Both played through immense pain.

Good teams don't rely on the weather to be on their side - the difference between geelong and the tigers? - everything doesn't have to go right for the tigers to win.
They were clearly the better side. Dynasty team like we were.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back