Autopsy Geelong defeated by Tigers by 31 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dahlhaus had a good game and was among our best in the GF.

Rohan wasn't.

Dahlhaus is limited, but is intelligent in that he knows what he can and can't do. Surprises me but he still does contribute.

I'm hoping three putrid Grand finals now (and relentlessly crap performances in any pressure game) might wake a few up about Rohan but I doubt it.

just feel as though Dahlhaus he is not damaging enough for the amount of ball the cats get in the foward line , From what i have seen of Narkle he just looks so much more dynamic and has speed. Dahlhaus just does not make the opposition pay on the scoreboard for a player in a team with Hawkins as the main fwd.

cheers guys

The sections are:
00:00 Missed shots at goal & missed forward half opportunities
03:00 Kicks out on the full & other turnovers
05:00 A couple of questionable umpiring decisions
05:33 All of the 3rd quarter centre bounces (where you can decide whether having Danger in there would have made a difference. We won our fair share.)

Missed opportunities always hurt. Cats missed more than the Tigers and lets be honest all of Dusty's 4 goals probably could have missed any other day. They were all ludicrous.

Turnovers were shocking and punished harder than any other game all year/grand final in history.

Having Danger anywhere but the middle in the second half was a shocking idea and will hopefully be less of an issue with Cameron coming in.

RE: Umpiring
Can't tell if Nank heard it. Personally I would prefer these get consistently pinged and any play on consistently penalised with a 50m penalty. Note the QF Rich vs Bris they decided to call these against the Tigers (see for yourself if you have Kayo etc) and then went straight back to giving players free reign.

Hendo one - Jack held him first, then he held Jack. Given the proximity of the ball you have to wonder if the ump's eyes only followed the ball to their contest in time to see the Hendo hold on Jack?

Final one - Is this about Dangerfield's missed mark, or the Hendo tackle? Hendo had the ball and clearly tied to fend off the tackle before it was knocked out - if he had it a heartbeat longer that would be HTB probably. I'm not convinced the 'hold' was illegally long. I suspect the umpire just put the whistle away because there was both a failed fend + hold after. See the QF again Rich vs Bris and you'll see Vlastuin pinged HTB for a worse one.

just feel as though Dahlhaus he is not damaging enough for the amount of ball the cats get in the foward line , From what i have seen of Narkle he just looks so much more dynamic and has speed. Dahlhaus just does not make the opposition pay on the scoreboard for a player in a team with Hawkins as the main fwd.

cheers guys

Spot on there.
Has literally zero x factor about him whatsoever.
Almost like a Chris Mayne but without the size.

Narkle is creative. Just needs a good portion of games to really find some confidence & belief and he could be a player.

Spot on there.
Has literally zero x factor about him whatsoever.
Almost like a Chris Mayne but without the size.

Narkle is creative. Just needs a good portion of games to really find some confidence & belief and he could be a player.

Dahlhaus is a funny one; no x-factor as you say; can't kick over a jam tin either - but he delivers on what is advertised.

I wouldn't be concerned if he was superseded, however unlike Rohan (who is entertaining as hell when he isn't failing miserably) the gap between his best and worst games is pretty narrow.

Apart from getting in the way of a Tom Hawkins lead early in the game I thought he was one of our better players in this year's GF.

He is very much replaceable, and yet I can't really begrudge this dude who gets the most out of himself given the opportunities he is afforded.

Q. Narkle - who I have been on record as having plenty of time for - could do well from taking note of Dahlhouse's diligence and attention to detail. Agree Narkle is more talented and creative, but like I tell my own kids, talent is nothing without hard work. Not saying Q. Narkle doesn't work hard. But he has natural gifts that someone like Dahlhouse doesn't; hopefully a good run fitness-wise coupled with hard work and ability sees him make the most of the 1-year lifeline. Definitely happy to see him on our list in 2021 and hope he gets plenty of opportunities; his best is very watchable.

Q. Narkle - who I have been on record as having plenty of time for - could do well from taking note of Dahlhouse's diligence and attention to detail. Agree Narkle is more talented and creative, but like I tell my own kids, talent is nothing without hard work. Not saying Q. Narkle doesn't work hard. But he has natural gifts that someone like Dahlhouse doesn't; hopefully a good run fitness-wise coupled with hard work and ability sees him make the most of the 1-year lifeline. Definitely happy to see him on our list in 2021 and hope he gets plenty of opportunities; his best is very watchable.

Great point. Dahlhaus reminds me a little of Scott Selwood in that regard. You can have queries about whether we should have recruited him (and I do), but you can't fault his application or endeavour. He gives absolutely everything he's got.

Great point. Dahlhaus reminds me a little of Scott Selwood in that regard. You can have queries about whether we should have recruited him (and I do), but you can't fault his application or endeavour. He gives absolutely everything he's got.

I don't think I'd have pursued Dahlhaus given the option either, but can't complain with his output - plays to his limitations, puts his body on the line when required too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back