Review Geelong defeats Demons by 80 points at KP - Rd 2, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few late thoughts..

HT is back and firing well. Really well. He's a really good one on one defender and now that the team defense is a little less prevalent he's tracking really well IMO.
Kolo had a pearler and whilst he's had some poor moments his year so far has been good overall. I hope it keeps going.

Sel, PFD, Yabbblettt, Hawkins, Duncan and TK are in fire. They are playing hard footy and much of it is team based... only bodes well going forward.

Parfitt, Chook, Atkins, Miers, Dahl, MOC, Henry, Clark, Rohan et al are all playing inspired footy for new Cats. Parfitt in the MF is a delight to see and will onlt get batter. Chook has stepped up from VFL like its nothing and has vision and hands the likes not oft seen. Atkins is a missile and knows he's playing for his life every week and it shows. Long may that continue and ill take a few daown games as long as the effort is still there. Dahl and Rohan both love bing home and shows.

This is all working. Even Stanley looks to have bought in. He's putting the rig in the middle of the contests.

And the territory battle is noticeable. The number of taps to advantage, blocks on opposition for their team mates, and effective 1% ers that the team is completing is clear and obvious.

Luv what I see and long may it continue.

And yes even CS needs a pat on the back. There is a visible change in his player to coach relations and it looks better

GO Catters

Yep and if we can maintain all of those pluses AND Big Sav starts to clunk a few marks which we know he's capable of then we will worry the life out of any and all opposition. The pressure to hold a spot will be enormous and the ability to manage players with hungry replacements will keep things tight as a drum skin.

Some posters still have a little way to go it seems. It blows my mind, that after 2 fanatstic wins, people around here want changes to the team. This IS the best 22 at the club CURRENTLY. If it aint broke, dont fix it.
To be fair with a 5 day turnaround after a tough game it isn’t too far fetched that changes will be made

It’s no reflection on the players/team they just may want fresh bodies in there with such a quick turnaround

Woah lets not got nuts. One of the best half back flankers of recent decades? Um no.

Enright, hodge, mcleod, goodwin and mckenna would be the top 5 of the past couple of decades. Perhaps goddard next. Murphy aint at that level.
You're entitled to your opinion. I would agree with most of those, I think Murphy would be as good as Goodwin. None of that is contrary to what I said, the main point wasn't to do with his football skills anyway.

I'm waiting for the Adelaide game before forming a firm opinion, but some things impressed me.
First was the cohesion. For some in the squad it is to be expected after a few years together now. It has been a big problem IMHO. Maybe as a result we seemed to be handballing forward or to teammates who were moving forward. Or it may be because of new training focus. Anyway was nice to see.
Second was the spirit. I thought from the first bounce it was ferocious in the trenches. Even when Melbourne won the ball, the guys kept pressing. I think as a result some of the randoms went our way. In past big games like finals, the effort was there but not quite manic enough and consequently the breaks didn't go our way.
Thirdly, the energy brought in by the fresh faces has been awesome. A bonus is that players like Dahlhaus and Rohan also know what the heck they're doing out there. As stated by others, having players in forward half who have played there is not to be underestimated.
Looking forward to seeing how they react to AO and the Crows.

@ Saint Bob

IMO he was never a superstar or arguably AA. He was just a highly skilled and intelligent footy player.
I liked him because he didn't overpower ot opposition. For example, I played a lot of tennis when I was younger and my favorite players were Mecir, Leconte and others that ilk. Not machines like Borg or beasts like Becker.
Off field, interesting guy but way, way over exposed, but setting himself up for his new career.

To be fair with a 5 day turnaround after a tough game it isn’t too far fetched that changes will be made

It’s no reflection on the players/team they just may want fresh bodies in there with such a quick turnaround
By the way Scott spoke changes are a certainty. Said they'd planned for it.

I'm waiting for the Adelaide game before forming a firm opinion, but some things impressed me.
First was the cohesion. For some in the squad it is to be expected after a few years together now. It has been a big problem IMHO. Maybe as a result we seemed to be handballing forward or to teammates who were moving forward. Or it may be because of new training focus. Anyway was nice to see.
Second was the spirit. I thought from the first bounce it was ferocious in the trenches. Even when Melbourne won the ball, the guys kept pressing. I think as a result some of the randoms went our way. In past big games like finals, the effort was there but not quite manic enough and consequently the breaks didn't go our way.
Thirdly, the energy brought in by the fresh faces has been awesome. A bonus is that players like Dahlhaus and Rohan also know what the heck they're doing out there. As stated by others, having players in forward half who have played there is not to be underestimated.
Looking forward to seeing how they react to AO and the Crows.

Sensational post Spearman
I have long been critical of our costly turnovers between the arcs and the effects it has on killing momentum and allowing the opposition off the hook when we were likely to score or allowing them to score off our mistakes.
There was a bit of that V Pies but we got that cohesion going V Dees and went seamlessly into F50 for incredible efficiency.

Loving the spirit and intensity - Dees were up for it and very hard in the contest but we matched it and lasted longer at it than them - a huge tick.
I'm also loving our body on the line stuff now which will become infectious provided we maintain it as a no negotiable.
You're quite right about Rohan and Dahlhaus and the other newbies Clark , Atkins, Constable and Miers giving us a new look and positive energy.

I also think we are seeing significant contributions from the likes of OConnor , Kolo and Henry whilst the experienced guys seem to relish not having to carry all the load each week.
Long way to go but if we keep our resolve , reward form , rest players selectively and use our depth we could surprise :thumbsu:

Kelly first on 18, Bont and Danger 2nd on 15.

Danger wouldn't be stealing votes from Kelly, then? Interesting. If Tim won the fricken Brownlow we could then legitimately ask for

tenor.gif

and West Coast would be powerless to resist!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there any truth in this rumour going around that Scotty wasn’t so keen on recruiting him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Carey just announced on Talking Footy Constable is the Round 2 Rising Star nomination....like there was any doubt.
On sportsbet Constable is still paying $17 to win while Clark is equal 2nd fav at $13

Some posters still have a little way to go it seems. It blows my mind, that after 2 fanatstic wins, people around here want changes to the team. This IS the best 22 at the club CURRENTLY. If it aint broke, dont fix it.

Henry unlikely I suspect....but agree changes will be limited....we just don't know whose sore given only a 5 day recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back