Review Geelong defeats Fremantle by 42 points at Domain Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Talk it up Cats Fans..

A great song to be heard, and a great win away at a place not known as a great place for us.

Go Catters

Great coaching effort by Chris Scott even spread of contributors across the board. Team selections all justified the adjustments to our zone and how we are looking to control the tempo when in possession was exactly what was missing in the finals.

Dangerfield gives our forward the dynamic we need as that second target.

Our effort around the clearances and in close was first class completely out worked freo who has an excellent on ball unit.

Clear coaching win tonight very impressive I had Freo rated to win at home first up and we can beat north next week.

From today's game it is, had an absolute shocker. Fumbled everything, hand balled to no mans land, looked clueless all game.

Great all round team performance but you can't be telling me Harry did well??

Surely Harry's career-long consistency earns him a second chance on the occasional bad game? And honestly, even though your description is pretty spot on, he really did provide a lot of structure to the forward line in his time there, and Hawk benefited immensely from it.

C71yy2YVMAA8RXB.jpg

Is Duncan finally going to the next level?

Love the forward pressure from Menzel, cocky, parfait and McCarthy.

Stanley did a great job against Sandilands. Rucked nearly the whole game.

Taylor was awful up both forward and in defense. Hope it's not signs of things to come this year.

Murdoch was solid.

Menzel is a fricken gun

Love Hawkins at centre half forward.

Blicavs umm well yeah. Please play Menegola next time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From today's game it is, had an absolute shocker. Fumbled everything, hand balled to no mans land, looked clueless all game.

Great all round team performance but you can't be telling me Harry did well??
Stunk. People will talk about "structure" but I wonder how people would talk about Josh Walker playing a game like that. I struggle to think of a worse Harry Taylor game.

Really pleasing performance, bit surprised how easy it was actually. Good.team effort - Pavlich and co. not being able to pick a BOG is testament to how well the whole team performed together.

I do think they have stuffed around too much with Harry and his confidence looks shot. Apart from that, can't think of a negative. Got a bit sloppy late but they were pretty fatigued by that point.

Oh, and Kersten and Hamling confirmed what I thought about them. Will struggle.

Great start.

Mackie was fantastic.

Really liked utensil, McCarthy, Menz (obviously) and Murda's games. Plus a host of others really, it was nice to see everyone chipping in.

Pity we didn't snag top spot :p

Great result.
The last quarter probably flattered them a bit, and they may well just be absolute rubbish.

But I had some concerns over our ball movement, sharing the load and our forward line.
Tonight gave me hope in all areas.

Genuinely hard to pick a poor player, our willingness to move the ball quick and our pressure was fantastic.

Harry had one of the worst games he's ever had but god it helped Hawk get moving and have a cracker.
Mitch of a couple of years ago was back, the hard running ball carrying Mots was back... even my whipping boy Cowan went well (but he seriously needs to stop taking on tackles)

Best game Ruggles has played, Mack was sensational, Murda is such a natural fwd and showed it, GHS was very slick.

Went in worried

That was worth waiting all weekend for

Remove this Banner Ad

Back