Review Geelong defeats Freo by 32 points in a Monsoon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Constable easily the best of the kids. Comditions suited him though. Close didnt show much other then effort. Might have some tricks in the dry though. To hard to rate.

He was good but conditions made everyone as slow as Charlie is..need to see him in the dry to see how well he does or doesn't work in the side.
Agree on Close.

- Guthrie 30 disposals, 8 clearances & 6 tackles from 73% TOG
- Tuohy 27 disposals
- Duncan & Menegola with 26 disposals each, with the former also having 7 tackles from 69% TOG
- Blicavs with a lazy 19 disposals to go with 24 hitouts & 8 clearances
- Constables return saw him finish with 19 disposals, 2 clearances but it was in a team low 65% TOG

Those were our top disposal winners before we finally get to Danger with 18 disposals

Good to see others step up, especially in the conditions which tonight's game was played

Constable easily the best of the kids. Comditions suited him though. Close didnt show much other then effort. Might have some tricks in the dry though. To hard to rate.

Stats wise maybe but in terms of influence on the game I think Close was by far better.

Didn't even play 2/3 of the match, got it 19 times.Hasn't played a game since February.
He was fine.

Stats mean nothing if you are just bombing to the opposition everytime you get it, he did it a lot tonight. But yes first game for a while in the wet its understandable.

Constable disappointed me tonight, still plays like a deer in the headlights, now Close excites me, hopefully he learns to kick past 25 metres 😂
Yeah, im a fan of Constable but he is slow and showed no intensity around the ball. He’s strength seems to be his toughness around the ball and bigger body but didn’t use that at all tonight. Given how long he has waited to get back in, thought he was lacklustre. You’d thinking he’d be champing to get in there. I reckon he might be looking elsewhere; something tells me it isn’t all happy there. Not sure he makes our top team, nor deserves a look in just yet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed. Credit where it's due but he hasn't been great up until now.

He was great in 2019 too. When he plays in his rightful position, the mids, he's an absolute beast and provides a massive point of difference. 30 disposals and completely nullified Walters - could have kicked a great team goal too. Best game since his 2016 game against Adelaide. Bleated for years about him being played out of position, and lo and behold, smashed it both defensively and offensively tonight. Dunc 3 votes, Tuohy 2 votes, Guth 1 vote

A lot of whinging about the ruck, the young players, bringing Henderson in and so on. But it was a good tactical performance by the coaching team and great execution by the players in very tough conditions.
Nothing truer can be said.

Guthrie was terrific. Sammy another great game. Relief to see Duncan as per usual. Hawkins looked dominate.

Hard game to judge. Really liked Fogertys energy. That kick inside 50 in the last was delightful.

Still so much room to improve. Which is good and bad I guess. End of the day 5 goal win I would have chewed your arm off pre game.

we may not have stars coming through but we have 30+players that can play the level.

Taylor was great tonight.

Who dares say he's past it, eh?

Eat your words.

Harry has had one poor game this season. Against the Blues, when many of his mates on the back-line also looked clueless under the deluge of unpressured footy raining down on them courtesy of our unaccountable midfield.

Apart from that, he's actually been close to career-best form for mine in many of the games he's played so far. And the incessant calls week by week for him to be dropped show no cognisance of how well he is performing his role in the side.

Veterans must be pushed out of the side by younger players playing somewhere near the senior player's level. So far in 2020, nobody has topped Harry's consistency back there in winning one-on-ones and halving contests where he really had no right to still be in with a show. He is in the side on merit and doesn't look like relinquishing his spot easily at the moment.

Been a great series of games from him so far, and the laughable narrative that he's clinging to his place by a thread is nothing more than wishful thinking by those who are paying no attention to how he is actually performing.

Love your work, H.

You are dead set watching a different game to me... Close was immense and provided great pressure. Constable pretty much had no effective disposals. Close was fantastic and looks like he belongs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back