Review Geelong defeats GCS by 102 points at KP - Rd 23, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Did what we had to do against not much opposition the last two weeks. Glad we tried some things out such as Scooter forward - should stick with it in the finals.

I’m surprised how pleased I am to have Henderson & Taylor back - could make a 5-10% difference come finals.

I don’t often agree with commentators, but I think our single biggest weaknesses are our poor disposal by foot, especially out of the backline (cheap turnovers) and a tendency to go missing pressure wise for 5-10 minutes at a time and allow too much easy ball movement by the opposition.

We’re still in with a shot, as I don’t see any of the top 8 as way in front of us, but 4 wins in a row is a hard road. I’d prefer Sydney or Melbourne I’m a fortnight.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
100% this. Its precisely why we lost against Richmond and Hawks. A positive is in previous years that problem has led to us being down by 7 goals in the first qtr. This year we've minimised the damage during those "off" periods to still be in the game late, but we'll see how we hold up this finals series. That will be the true test.

@
@Munich
39998569_10216545899461166_6530761205387100160_n.jpg

Ablett playing Gold Coast up there earlier this season; 37 touches, 6 marks and 3 goals in an 85pt win.

Ablett today; 25 touches, 5 marks, 4 tackles and 2 goals in a 102pt win.

The flogs on the GCS board can shove that up them.

Are the GCS sooking? Very salty?

I liked Scooter forward. I had been thinking he needed to be dropped. Up forward he looks composed in traffic and made good decisions.
I don’t see the point of Kolo playing on the wing. He’s not quick and an average kick. If Taylor is back then I’d drop Kolo. We can move Parfit to wing and bring in Narkle to play small forward.

Well played cats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been thinking the same thing for some time. I like Kolo and think he will be a rock in defense for the next ten years, but Taylor is >Kolo and there are other options for a winger including Narkle, Cunico and others.

I think Geelong took the foot of the accelerator from Q3 to ensure no injuries. We'd overtaken Melbourne's % + they might have been told to take it a little easier. While I hope that is not the case, not surprised if it is.

I heard Nick DelSanto talk about instructions the side received last round before finals ..they were literally told to stop running too hard.. said Brett Peake could help him self at one stage and got dragged.

Coach Scott sounded chuffed with the state of his list .. I got a feeling ..he think its all starting to come together at the right time. Fit list and side that has a nice balance between young and old.. but the issue of the last few years still is there.. MCG and Finals...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back