Coaches Votes
9 Tim Kelly (GEEL)
9 Tom Hawkins (GEEL)
6 David Swallow (GCFC)
2 Gary Ablett (GEEL)
2 Mitch Duncan (GEEL)
1 Lachie Weller (GCFC)
1 Cameron Guthrie (GEEL)

Kelly now leading on 57, 5 clear of Cripps!

I love Gaz and Cuthrie but there is absolutely no way they played a better game than Mitch who was arguably best on ground!!

I love Gaz and Cuthrie but there is absolutely no way they played a better game than Mitch who was arguably best on ground!!

I just watched the replay and while Duncan did a lot of good stuff he had 3-4 horrible moments. I can understand why they might not rate his game that highly. His good was very good but there was a decent portion of really bad in there too.

Watched the replay again. Parsons was better onball than I thought viewing the game live. I retract what I said in the gameday thread about inside minutes being wasted on him. Not saying I'm convinced he'll make it, or that that will be his long term position, but credit where it's due, he looks to have worked on his deficiencies, which is good to see.

Kelly was BOG, Duncan was next... Selwood came in late in the 3rd and made a big impact.

Who's accountable for us getting beaten like we did by arguably the worst midfield in the competition then?

No, you're looking at the past with ridiculous rose-coloured glasses. Any kid who comes in with half a wad of promise has always been hailed as the next coming of Farmer/Turner/Ablett/Hocking. Remember the pressure placed on Steven Handley and Clint Bizzell?
I am talking about a new kid playing game 5 that are no good will never make it, some need more games and years

Kelly was BOG, Duncan was next... Selwood came in late in the 3rd and made a big impact.

Who's accountable for us getting beaten like we did by arguably the worst midfield in the competition then?
People think Guthrie and Parsons had good games :$. Both were given a hiding by the worst midfield in the league . The cellar dwellers have a good chance against us when they are in there.

People think Guthrie and Parsons had good games :$. Both were given a hiding by the worst midfield in the league . The cellar dwellers have a good chance against us when they are in there.

Paul Roos disagrees (on the couch), but what does he know...

No, you're looking at the past with ridiculous rose-coloured glasses. Any kid who comes in with half a wad of promise has always been hailed as the next coming of Farmer/Turner/Ablett/Hocking. Remember the pressure placed on Steven Handley and Clint Bizzell?

Spriggs was my favourite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

(Log in to remove this ad.)

David Ugrinic before he'd even played a game.

Aaron Lord.

Also... who was that one who came on late and kicked three goals in his first game, then did nothing else? Matthew someone, I think...

Marcus Baldwin?

This is what happens when a side is going great, no one is really under the microscope. The opposite is true when a side is losing, everyone is scrutinised.

I've said it before, every time (lots) Guthrie has gotten removed from the midfield is during periods of losses, where effectiveness matters. His numbers don't stack up compared to the others.

Menegola being out, Selwood not in there, Dangerfield out... hurts our ball winning. Duncan (though a gun in offense), Stanley, Parsons and Guthrie are relatively soft, that's just how it is. None have much physical presence, which matters. These players can compliment a midfield, you can't make one out of them though. Hence why a rubbish midfield gave us a hiding. What would have happened v a good side??

Last edited:
This is what happens when a side is going great, no one is really under the microscope. The opposite is true when a side is losing, everyone is scrutinised.

I've said it before, every time (lots) Guthrie has gotten removed from the midfield is during periods of losses, where effectiveness matters. His numbers don't stack up compared to the others.

Menegola being out, Selwood not in there, Dangerfield out... hurts our ball winning. Duncan (though a gun in offense), Stanley, Parsons and Guthrie are relatively soft, that's just how it is. None have much physical presence, which matters. These players can compliment a midfield, you can't make one out of them though. Hence why a rubbish midfield gave us a hiding. What would have happened v a good side??
So why do you think we'll beat Swans?

He wasn't exactly svelte in THAT Grand Final

No! Dew looks more like an NRL Full Back

42682516_2186392851606880_1905911030148913355_n.jpg

It is so hard for kids these day's fans want them too play like 150 gamers and if they don't they just cop it

That is so true!

The harsh criticism of Sav, Constable, Clark - even Parsons + other young players is ridiculous! I remember watching the Premiership players as kittens in the early 2000s + thinking some may not make it. Yet they developed into our Dynasty players + Club legends! Even GAS wasn't terrific at the beginning.

All I think is: I'd love to see their critics playing :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I am talking about a new kid playing game 5 that are no good will never make it, some need more games and years

It's always been the same, if anything, young players are given more time by fans these days.
People just used to call young players s**t to their mates, now that opinion can be broadcast far wider via twitter or Bigfooty.

But this is all lived experience stuff, so obviously opinions differ wildly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back