Review Geelong defeats GCS by 27 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeh, reckon Ablett’s almost decided to take matters into his own hands and give himself a week off.
He'll need to sit someone on their arse at least to do that.

Thank god that is over, very sloppy game. I know the conditions were bad but has anyone noticed how bad Fort is above his head. Dropped a lot of easy ones last week and again in slippery conditions this week.
Its pointless continuing to play Fort. He cant mark, he has no upper body strength and the mobility of a 1990s dinosaur ruckman. At least Buzza can push opponents around even if he drops it.

Atkins was great, possibly his best game. Clark back to his early season form too.

Officially on Kelly Brownlow watch and Hawkins Coleman watch.

Don’t bother with Hawkins Coleman watch.

He is too unselfish a footballer in the forward half.

Big Ben brown wouldn’t ever turn and give it off to a player in a better spot.

Whoever said the Suns would tire in the last quarter was spot on. It was an ugly game, an ugly win. I thought the Suns really played the man most of the night, not the ball and they got away with murder from the umpires. Hard to win stoppages when the opposition is blocking and holding you off the ball all the time. The slippery conditions made it even an uglier game. Even the umpires were fumbling. Richmond in a couple of weeks is going to really show where our midfield is at right now, and it might not be pretty.

Anyway, on the positives. Kelly & Duncan were terrific. TBone is playing the best in years. Atkins is best 22 by a mile. Clarke and Henry were good down back in a game our big names weren't firing too well sometimes. Love Clarkes speed and though he got caught a couple of times I didn't mind it, he'll be terrific in the future. Gazza is all class. The conditions didn't suit Fort tonight so I feel for him. Parsons was OK.

The Paddy verdict: Given the super slippery conditions (the ball was like a bar of soap) and the way the Suns scragged our players most of the night, I don't think Paddy would've made a huge difference to the outcome of this match.

I guess that's one we'll just bank and move on.

Last edited:
Danger's absence was profound, I thought, especially in those conditions.

Yeah tonight was the type of game that danger dominates. Just shows everyone he’s the best player on the ground and gets a lazy 35 and 4 goals. Don’t think we would of got smashed in the middle as much as we did if he plays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 weeks in a row we’ve been pretty poor, it’s good to know we can grind out a win when we need to.

Hawkins is a beast! Wouldn’t have won without him.

Kelly and Duncan were dominant, 5 Brownlow votes between them for sure.

Atkins and Clark really impressive, both got a bit more of a run through the midfield and did not disappoint.

Parsons did his job (despite what many here think).

Fort was a liability, the weather didn’t suit him but I don’t think he’s the answer, sav should be back next week.

Backline was made to look very average tonight, one of the few times this season. Gold Coast pressure was very good.

If Ablett gets off again I’d be surprised, was a silly thing to do!

It’s open hand . Gold Coast player milked it with everything he had. Move along. Softest crap ever.

Open hand? That's not what I saw. Closed fist that hit him.

How is it different to Ivan Soldo's? I'm not saying he should go, or if it's not soft. Not the point.

It's not about your opinion, or mine. It's about how it lines up with the rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
A bit of kudos to Parsons. Cops his fair share but he had some very good moments tonight. He won’t be in the team at the pointy end but he’s a bit better than many have him. Well done young fella.
If he improves his delivery into the forwardline he'll be quite useful. Having 7 clearances in a game like that is pretty handy.

96c0f84094d84ef743850145215c518e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It’s open hand . Gold Coast player milked it with everything he had. Move along. Softest crap ever.

Hawkins has been done for softer ones than this.

Ablett will cop a week, and rightly so, needs to sort this s**t out, happening way to often, could be costly come September and he misses a big game!

Whoever said the Suns would tire in the last quarter was spot on. It was an ugly game, an ugly win. I thought the Suns really played the man most of the night, not the ball and they got away with murder from the umpires. Hard to win stoppages when the opposition is blocking and holding you all the time. The slippery conditions made it even an uglier game. Even the umpires were fumbling. Richmond in a couple of weeks is going to really show where our midfield is at right now, and it might not be pretty.

Anyway, on the positives. Kelly & Duncan were terrific. TBone is playing the best in years. Atkins is best 22 by a mile. Clarke and Henry were good down back in a game our big names weren't firing too well sometimes. Love Clarkes speed and though he got caught a couple of times I didn't mind it, he'll be terrific in the future. Gazza is all class.

I guess that's one we'll just bank and move on.
Did you see TBones season last year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back