9 Rhys Stanley (GEEL)
9 Joel Selwood (GEEL)
3 Brandan Parfitt (GEEL)
3 Gary Ablett (GEEL)
3 Gryan Miers (GEEL)
3 Zach Tuohy (GEEL)

Interesting that Stanley was rated highly. Hopefully that gives him confidence

I thought Ablett was BOG for big stretches there
Hopefully that means that Scott plays him. Every game left in 2020.

Patton looked slow and cumbersome...I think his injuries have cruelled him. Still a beautiful kick but lacks in other areas. Was exposed more than once on the weekend.

Hawk recruiters dont make many mistakes...this, sadly for them, may be one though.

Patton looked slow and cumbersome...I think his injuries have cruelled him. Still a beautiful kick but lacks in other areas. Was exposed more than once on the weekend.

Hawk recruiters dont make many mistakes...this, sadly for them, may be one though.
It will be a shame if he doesn't reach his potential,He's a ticking time bomb in his own mind and that's hard to shake,it's one of the reason I admired Menzel he was on top of the mental stuff.

Last edited:
I thought the club were sticking to playing the original version of our theme song, the updated version rolled out against Hawthorn is tacky junk lacking soul, since when did our administrations “tune” change on this?

Gee, Patton was stiff wasn't he?

(Not for missing out on votes, he just played like a giant stiffie.)

Cracked up laughing when someone on K-Rock said he was as useless as a chocolate kettle on Friday night. :D

I dunno, I think they've over-exterted themselves a bit too much lately - stretched a bit too far.
One wonders if Fagan really was the power behind the throne a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cracked up laughing when someone on K-Rock said he was as useless as a chocolate kettle on Friday night. :D
Benny

Go Catters

It will be a shame if he doesn't reach his potential,He's a ticking time bomb in his own mind and that's hard to shake,it's one of the reason I admired Menzel he was on top of the mental stuff.
4 knee reco’s and on both knees. And the hawk nuffies were talking him up as a saviour. Yeah he was a no 1 pick, but when your knees are that bad you won’t make it. Menzel proved that.

NOW they change the rules about sling tackles.

Bloody right.
Hollow, hollow, hollow. How many times have we heard the AFL say that the head must be protected. It isn't on many occasions, the Dangerfield sling being just the latest. The Tribunal, well at least its sole operator , will find away to let another dangerous tackle go unpunished.

Hollow, hollow, hollow. How many times have we heard the AFL say that the head must be protected. It isn't on many occasions, the Dangerfield sling being just the latest. The Tribunal, well at least its sole operator , will find away to let another dangerous tackle go unpunished.
They will if the perpetrator is a good bloke.

Only good thing to come out of that episode.

I agree. Although Paddy avoiding serious injury or concussion was also a real positive.

Having said that, it will be a very good thing if this type of tackle is now properly recognised and appropriately punished on every occasion.

Of course, as with all things AFL, we wait to see whether the response in the future even remotely matches the rhetoric of today.

The irony .. PFD missed a Brownlow for the exact same tackle - gets a week.
PFD received the same tackle. Is groggy and plays on but is mostly lucky - Burgers gets it down to a 500 fine and the law is changed the very next day.
If it wasnt Geelong on the receiving end twice it would almost be unbelievable. WOW.
Go Catters

Last edited:
The irony .. PFD missed a Brownlow for the exact same tackle - gets a week.
PFD received the sane tackle. Is groggy and plays on but is mostly lucky - Burgers gets it down to a 500 fine and the law is changed the very next day.
If it wasnt Geelong on the receiving end twice it would almost be unbelievable. WOW.
Go Catters

Exactly. The league always states the head is sacrosanct - unless said head is attached to the shoulders of a Geelong player it seems. Can still remember years ago Zac Dawson had whacked Stokesy high a few times when we played Freo, but was never cited once.

Exactly. The league always states the head is sacrosanct - unless said head is attached to the shoulders of a Geelong player it seems. Can still remember years ago Zac Dawson had whacked Stokesy high a few times when we played Freo, but was never cited once.

Sammy Mitchell doing the karate chop move into Taylor Hunts throat, which I don't believe was even cited

Can't remember which Hawk it was that hit Blicavs high, and excluding his s**t effort last year, he's generally been pretty hard to take down. On that occasion he was assisted to the bench by a trainer, and again no case to answer

Lack of consistency is the biggest frustration with the mrp/mro

Sammy Mitchell doing the karate chop move into Taylor Hunts throat, which I don't believe was even cited

Can't remember which Hawk it was that hit Blicavs high, and excluding his s**t effort last year, he's generally been pretty hard to take down. On that occasion he was assisted to the bench by a trainer, and again no case to answer

Lack of consistency is the biggest frustration with the mrp/mro

Leaving aside the Ablett incidents in 2019, I don't see a great deal of consistency lacking when it comes to how the MRP/MRO adjudicate the hoops.

:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back