Review Geelong defeats Hawks at KP by 61 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

At 4 minutes, it is brought up with Rhys. His reaction is interesting. Up to that point in the interview he is his usual smiley self. The second he heard that you could see his briefly face harden and the shutters lift up for a moment.

Classy response if anything from Rhys.

Classy response if anything from Rhys.

Thought his whole presser was really good. Certainly dealt well with the Clarko moment and spoke sensibly about his areas of development at this point.

Here's hoping he has a break-out year in terms of his consistency and fulfils his undoubted potential to be really effective in the ruck role.

I get the feeling he meant "Geelong aren't THAT good" meaning we won't beat teams by 10 goals without the opposition playing like marshmallows.
That is how i took it as a Hawthorn supporter he did say we were beaten by a good team last week before adding the they are not that good comment.

Geelong are a better side than Hawthorn but not a 10 goal better side just like Hawthorn are not a 5 goal better side than Richmond sometimes teams just have a bad day.

I would rather my coach say nothing about an opposition club to be honest seems both our coaches can't help themselves at times.

That is how i took it as a Hawthorn supporter he did say we were beaten by a good team last week before adding the they are not that good comment.

Geelong are a better side than Hawthorn but not a 10 goal better side just like Hawthorn are not a 5 goal better side than Richmond sometimes teams just have a bad day.

I would rather my coach say nothing about an opposition club to be honest seems both our coaches can't help themselves at times.

Clarko is smart enough to know how his comment would be construed, and chose to go ahead with it anyway.

There was an intentional barb in his comment don't worry.

At 4 minutes, it is brought up with Rhys. His reaction is interesting. Up to that point in the interview he is his usual smiley self. The second he heard that you could see his briefly face harden and the shutters lift up for a moment.
Really disingenuous relaying of a quote from the interviewer there. Surprising for the media.

The quote from Clarkson doesn't sound great if you just pitch it like that - it sounds like he's saying Geelong are s**t, but that was very evidently not what Clarkson was intending to convey. He meant Geelong are not that good as in Geelong are not a 61-point better side than Hawthorn good, which isn't really a slight at Geelong, just a comment that his side is capable of better.

It seems like the concept of context and that the meanings of words and expressions can vary has completely evaporated here in 2020.

Really disingenuous relaying of a quote from the interviewer there. Surprising for the media.

The quote from Clarkson doesn't sound great if you just pitch it like that - it sounds like he's saying Geelong are sh*t, but that was very evidently not what Clarkson was intending to convey. He meant Geelong are not that good as in Geelong are not a 61-point better side than Hawthorn good, which isn't really a slight at Geelong, just a comment that his side is capable of better.

It seems like the concept of context and that the meanings of words and expressions can vary has completely evaporated here in 2020.
Yeah, Rhys handled it well. Clarkson was just instilling a bit of pride in his own team. Nothing wrong with that at all.

The quote from Clarkson doesn't sound great if you just pitch it like that - it sounds like he's saying Geelong are sh*t, but that was very evidently not what Clarkson was intending to convey. He meant Geelong are not that good as in Geelong are not a 61-point better side than Hawthorn good, which isn't really a slight at Geelong, just a comment that his side is capable of better.

Thats the media - they will do anything to twist and manipulate to generate headlines and drama AKA clicks... That's what it is all about - creating conflict.

So you understand now that playing too many defenders is a dumb thing.

Good that you finally admit it. Pity you were slow to the party.
Jog on. I care not for your nonsense.
Weren’t you leaving or did you pike out of that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back