Review Geelong defeats Lions by 27 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair start to the season from big Tom.

View attachment 911572

He's been average.
It's the last fortnight where he's really stated to impact games.

Up until that period of time, he had only been averaging 11 disposals, 4.7 marks and 1.2 goals per game.

Most of the league's key forwards have been rather poor so far this season. No standout at all.

In my 10 years here you would be hard pressed to find a post of mine bagging the umpires,but last nights effort wasn't up to standard for the majority of the nigh,maybe they need big crowds for direction in making their decisions.:)
What really pisses me off is when the umps try to get the young up and coming underdog team back into the game. Oh the joy in seeing the young pups challenge the old dogs. What theatre.

Wrong. What a pain in the arse it is. It's quite clear and it's not only from this game but many many others when we have been up and about and the tide strangely turns all of a sudden.

Probly on here somewhere cbf looking.

Maybe the first time I have thought Mick Malthouse is ok in the last 20 years*. He rates GAJ, Selwood and Danger as 3 of only 5 (6?) champions out of all players currently playing. Pendles and some other dude (or another - read it quickly yesterday) the other(s).

Pretty fair call. I'd also rate Fyfye. Fifi? I don't know

* EDIT: make that 40 years

He's been average.
It's the last fortnight where he's really stated to impact games.

Up until that period of time, he had only been averaging 11 disposals, 4.7 marks and 1.2 goals per game.

Most of the league's key forwards have been rather poor so far this season. No standout at all.
harsh.

I'm a big fan of Tom's but I don't think that's harsh. Late in the Demons game was where he seemed to turn the corner and he's been great since. His first couple of matches after lockdown were pretty quiet. And it's true that across the board there's been a lack of true key forward dominance so far this season.

Tom is definitely primed to kick on and be a standout for the rest of the year though, for sure.

Geelong v Brisbane
10 Patrick Dangerfield (GEEL)
8 Joel Selwood (GEEL)
3 Tom Hawkins (GEEL)
3 Sam Menegola (GEEL)
3 Dayne Zorko (BL)
2 Mark Blicavs (GEEL)
1 Cameron Guthrie (GEEL)

Thought Sam Simpson might have gotten some votes, but ah well - the negating roles (Guth) and play setup stuff (Menegola) are worthy too

Geelong v Brisbane
10 Patrick Dangerfield (GEEL)
8 Joel Selwood (GEEL)
3 Tom Hawkins (GEEL)
3 Sam Menegola (GEEL)
3 Dayne Zorko (BL)
2 Mark Blicavs (GEEL)
1 Cameron Guthrie (GEEL)

Thought Sam Simpson might have gotten some votes, but ah well - the negating roles (Guth) and play setup stuff (Menegola) are worthy too

Simpson is incredibly stiff to not get one vote. Started nervously, but settled into the game as it wore on.

I thought his last quarter in particular was worthy of praise...seemed to be under packs one minute, and working well on the outside the next.

Excellent performance IMO ....deserved some recognition ..

Simpson is incredibly stiff to not get one vote. Started nervously, but settled into the game as it wore on.

I thought his last quarter in particular was worthy of praise...seemed to be under packs one minute, and working well on the outside the next.

Excellent performance IMO ....deserved some recognition ..

Definitely agree with you there. Hopefully a lack of recognition hasn't dampened his enthusiasm.

That said, he doesn't seem like the type for that to happen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back