evolutionbaby

Club Legend
Jun 15, 2015
Koo Wee Rup
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Forget about your thoughts, one thing I know - they dont scare Selwood, Scott, Hawkins, Ablett, Stewart, Taylor, Danger, Tuohy one bit.

Maybe Miers could get scared a little bit, but then again, he's played well against them in some games.

The Cats have been desperate for this opportunity. They have been filthy when they dont get a chance to play off. They will come out hard and firing and fight tooth and nail for a victory.
I think you can add Parfitt, Simpson, Henderson and Bews to that list. If the lastest two games count for anything. They look ready for anything.

00VicWard001

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 3, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
I think you can add Parfitt, Simpson, Henderson and Bews to that list. If the lastest two games count for anything. They look ready for anything.

Bews does not give a f*ck. He just plays with a smile on his face. Henderson too.

Parfitt is tackling like a machine. He played on Pendlebury last week and no doubt he’ll be near meatballs or Cotchin.

I pretty much meant all of our players by the way 😀

evolutionbaby

Club Legend
Jun 15, 2015
Koo Wee Rup
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Bews does not give a f*ck. He just plays with a smile on his face. Henderson too.

Parfitt is tackling like a machine. He played on Pendlebury last week and no doubt he’ll be near meatballs or Cotchin.

I pretty much meant all of our players by the way 😀

That's what gives me some confidence. I don't think we will be intimidated if it becomes physical.
It will come down how we can execute to get the game on our terms.

SEN only aswell, would love to hear the krock call and perhaps others.
Pretty sure it’s an AFL rights issue. Broadcast not owned by radio station but by AFL thus availability of it restricted accordingly is my understanding.
I’ve asked Kingy before but it seems harder to get access to.
Go Catters

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Pretty sure it’s an AFL rights issue. Broadcast not owned by radio station but by AFL thus availability of it restricted accordingly is my understanding.
Go Catters

100%

AFL owns everything broadcast, TV and Radio.

Foxtel buys access to the archives which gives them the footage to pad the station over the summer months, but they don't own it.

Spearman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2017
expatriated in East Asia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ohio State Buckeyes
The lazy journalism thing is coming back to haunt Scott. First Watson on SEN now AFL website is running the tigers aren’t as good as hawks or Cats dynasties comments from Scott. I don’t think Scott’s comments are controversial, but journalists running with it. I don’t think it will impact the result, but prefer this story wasn’t floating around.
Part of the hype pre-GF, find anything remotely related and amplify it. Imagine how bad it would be if there was a two-week wait like before the Super Bowl.

Nov 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Go Catters

There's a particular site that you can... get access to the radio coverage separately to the TV vision, I think it just requires either somebody recording the radio, or the station releasing the call?
It's a bit of a nightmare getting the radio and vision 100% spot on (which I have to, OCD and all), but is so much better a lot of the times.
The TV commentary in the last quarter as we were about to win ourselves to a freaking Grand Final was offensively bad.

Spearman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2017
expatriated in East Asia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ohio State Buckeyes
oh come on, the romance of the Cats' legends getting one more, one in his last game sells much better than simply pandering to the unwashed.
Expecting bias our way, with even more strident lamentations of Biblical proportions to follow.

:p

Commando

Club Legend
Apr 6, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man Utd, AC Milan, Wolfsburg,
Yes. Richmond deserve to be favourites and the incumbants who also finished higher on the ladder.

It will be up to us to beat them. If we play the way we have the last 2 weeks, I think we will do just that. Comprehensively.

They don't scare me one bit.

This is like Balboa in Rocky III
Our first bout with Clubber Lang was the round 17 game,
Now we are going to switch hit in the GF and take them completely by surprise.. 😁 🥊

Jun 11, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
if you like sport then you need to watch rocky movies.

You might be right, but I've never watched them because I hate boxing if I'm honest. That doesn't stop them being good movies though, I enjoyed Gladiator, and its not like that is less of a combat sport. :p

I also saw the Will Smith 'Ali' movie, wasn't my thing. I'm probably comparing apples with chocolate though so I'll stop talking....

Back