Review Geelong defeats Lions by 42 points @ KP - Rd 19, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Twenty years ago and regarded as one of the biggest upsets in brownlow history. His best batch of games would of also averaged more.

Woewodin was one if Shane charter’s clients, allegedly. Everyone wondered how he went from avg to unbelievable then back to below avg in 18 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Woewodin was one if Shane charter’s clients, allegedly. Everyone wondered how he went from avg to unbelievable then back to below avg in 18 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Would had been interesting to see how his career would had went without that back injury when he was at Collingwood

The counter argument to that is;
1. Very tight comp where on the right day any team can beat another. Rich are flying but got beat by Port-swans by suns-weagles by North
2. We often drop those games
3. We often just win them leaving everyone with a sour taste in mouth.

Instead we beat bris by 7+ goals after tight start.
None of that really makes the game anything to take a huge amount from, though - this is still a side which is 4-13, playing many many miles away from home (though I grant they are playing better now).

I can't name a recent game where we've lost a side who we were as heavily favoured over as that. We can be inconsistent, but usually it's against lower-mid table sides such as Essendon and the Dogs, not Brisbane in Victoria.

It was a reasonable win, but I wouldn't be taking any serious meaning out of it (apart from that Tomahawk is having an incredible month).

Twenty years ago and regarded as one of the biggest upsets in brownlow history. His best batch of games would of also averaged more.
No argument from me there - he absolutely came from the clouds and nicked what really should have been Kouta's medal.

The others that come to mind are Priddis - a very good player, but best in the league is plainly ridiculous - and Cooney in 2008, not because he wasn't good enough, but simply because Ablett was streets ahead of everyone else that year.

None of that really makes the game anything to take a huge amount from, though - this is still a side which is 4-13, playing many many miles away from home (though I grant they are playing better now).

I can't name a recent game where we've lost a side who we were as heavily favoured over as that. We can be inconsistent, but usually it's against lower-mid table sides such as Essendon and the Dogs, not Brisbane in Victoria.

It was a reasonable win, but I wouldn't be taking any serious meaning out of it (apart from that Tomahawk is having an incredible month).

The 14th placed Dogs are mid table compared to the 16th placed Lions? And the Lions are irrelevant due to being interstate after a 10 goal win in Perth and 5 goal win in Tassie?

Losing to the Bombers earlier this year was a huge upset. Or the Gold Coast last year. Or the Doggos a few weeks ago. No win is guaranteed and Brisbane are better than you're prepared to admit. Their last month or so is perfectly deserving of being mid table tbh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back