Review Geelong defeats Lions by 85 points

Remove this Banner Ad

:p

*Cataholic watching Cats game*

*Hawkins fumbles ball*

Cataholic "Ahh Hawkins you're terrible!!!"

Cataholic's Wife "
View attachment 391105

You should've seen the excitement she exhibited when I cheered Hodge.........getting his chin wiped by Parsons :D

Not :oops:

Of all my prejudices the one that I would never have been able to overcome under any circumstances was to shack up with a Hawfie. Even if Emily Ratajkowski herself knocked on my door wearing nothing but brown and gold body paint. :D
If Emily knocked on my door wearing nothing but brown and gold paint, I think the shower might kill two birds with one stone.

Kinda sticks in your mind that one, eh?

I still find it astounding that he could make that call and find two hours later that the side he was deriding had obliterated their opponents by over 100 points. Truly an insane level of 'wrong'. And clear evidence of someone who was simply desperate to see what he wanted to see.

Between this and Kingy's timeless "I just can't see who's going to play that lead-up Cam Mooney role", I will never want for side-splitting mirth matched with vision of exquisite Cats skills as our boys again play the game as it should be played.

It's a heady mix.:cool:

'Worst 14 goal win ever' is a bit much but a game where neither team hits 70 tackles is the opposite of how finals will be played so it's pretty meaningless as to an indicator of our likelihood of success in finals, take the 4 points and move on.

TBH I was disappointed in some of our pressure and how open we let the game be tonight, the Lions had a lot of space in our front half and it's only through their poor footskills that we didn't get scored against more, against top teams give them that space and we will get hurt. Given the lack of closing speed in our defence (bar Bews) I would much rather we played that high press throwing big numbers in our front half (like we did the last few weeks) as it forces shallower entries into our F50 which our defenders who are good at marking will pick off more often and it denies the space through the middle to hit leads where our closing speed can be exposed. We are much more likely to win the flag this year playing that style than the one we played tonight, even if with it the space in our attacking half will be less.

What I did like tonight was that some of the lesser players in Parsons and Parfitt (great to have him back) and Kolo contributed really well and even Buzza was serviceable. Good signs there but in terms of the game I don't take much out of it.

The last quarter was better in that we kept the Loins goal-less. Having the Great Zorko suddenly prove to be a skinnier Stewart Dew with his one-step 60 metre darts over the goal-umpires hat, and several other Loins goals coming from hoicks outside 50...if it was a NAB Cup game we'd have been challenged by being beaten on supergoals....i reckon all bar a couple of the Loins goals came from way beyond what would have been anticipated. That aspect i think surprised Geelong a little, and they did tighten up in the last to record a big win, something that hasn't been very common with Geelong in their most recent seasons.

Bews was great, i love his dash and he has made some fantastic spoils with great closing speed, he's slotted into the defence and offers some of the run that has been pretty much absent since Wojo. I reckon probably we may have to lose a tall for better balance against some other sides, so Buzza and Stanley might be in the gun when Menzel and Cocky are ready to return. Parfitt's recovery from injury is timely, he's a talented player and he'll be a great inclusion to help with the pace department.

Pretty happy with the result to be honest, and we are in a position now at 10-4-1 to control our destiny as final approach. Some big games coming of course, Crows in Adelaide, and recent nemesis Sydney too. Those games will be crucial for our hopes for this rather open season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of all my prejudices the one that I would never have been able to overcome under any circumstances was to shack up with a Hawfie. Even if Emily Ratajkowski herself knocked on my door wearing nothing but brown and gold body paint. :D
really? [link removed by moderator]

if link isn't allowed just please delete :)

Woah that was quick. But LOL at thinking it would be allowed.

Also I am a fool for opening it. s**t myself at work.
Hope you saved the link for home though. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back