Review Geelong defeats Ninthmond by 38 points at their home ground... twice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure he's really played a bad game this year - it's not that he's necessarily in our best handful of players each week, but I don't recall him looking out of place since making the move to defence, and he's turning into a reliable, tough nugget down back
Glad someone else recognises this. He has been very solid this year and is a tough as nails.

Last edited:

Great win by us.

4 points a great effort.

4 goals to Sav - quality work in his 50th. Not every stat for touches tells the story.

101 points winning margin in total V Tuggers in 2021.

Selwood injury the only negative.

Stewy, Guthrie, Tomma, Parfitt, Hendo, Henry in the best.

Stanley seemed to do well V Nank given it was a big talking point pre game.

Atkins, MOC, Miers, Close, Mengola, Smith, PFD, all doing their things

Great win and move on to next week V north now.

Farken kiled them but more work to do.

Enjoy it fellas.

Go Catters

Esava his best ever game. Great effort!! Hopefully it clicks now and we can see that for the rest of the year. Will be huge for our flag tilt

Some pretty cool photos by Michael Wilson from today's match

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sav on KROCK after the game -

"Dont care if im in or out of the team just as long as we win the flag. I just have to keep competing every game. JC is great and I want him back in ASAP"

"My tank is getting better but it still needs work.
Finishing off work and goal kicking still needs work but its coming together and the work im doing during the week is paying off - still things to do."

Go Catters

That is a STELLAR attitude!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sav was great but do we play 3 talls when Cameron is back? Does Stanley get dropped and sav goes into a position we have seen he is uncomfortable with?

Cameron almost plays like a HFF ... I suspect we can play them all. It only hurts us if the supply is pressured and we do not mark enough ball. I guess we wget to have a look at it by the Melb game

Cats strong tackling and intense pressure was impressive in first half.
The job was done by half time so Cats coasted in the 2nd half.

Sav finally understanding his role in the forward line.
1. Mark the ball and kick straight.
2. Contest the high ball to stop opponent intercept marking.
3. Bring ball to advantage of our small forwards.
Keeping Sav in the team ensures opposition can't double team Hawkins.

Sav on KROCK after the game -

"Dont care if im in or out of the team just as long as we win the flag. I just have to keep competing every game. JC is great and I want him back in ASAP"

"My tank is getting better but it still needs work.
Finishing off work and goal kicking still needs work but its coming together and the work im doing during the week is paying off - still things to do."

Go Catters

One can only compliment that type of attitude. I suspect today was one of the days when the kicks just went the right way for him...maybe that all the work he has been doing.

I thought the Cats really played within themselves today. Richmond had a red hot crack at times and the Cats just did what they had to do when it mattered. Just think we have Cameron, Duncan, and Higgins to fit into this squad. Great win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back