Review Geelong defeats Ninthmond by 38 points at their home ground... twice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Shai Bolton worth $900k a year? Tell him he’s dreaming.

Zac Williams says hai

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ratugolea has copped a lot of criticism on here by a few regulars. Was good to see him kick some goals and start gaining self confidence in his natural ability.
He is not a ruckman. He has been played out of position for a long time now.

Unfortunately for him, he simply won't cut it at this club as Cameron and Hawkins are the preferred forwards and he's forced to go back into the ruck where he stinks.
Wait til Cameron comes back in before writing off sav. We could play all 3 up front yet.

Great win - several great efforts by our chaps after some early poor kicking by the usual suspects. Danger plated a great game.

However I watched Kolo closely: he is far and away the most ineffectual player in the team. I realise some see it this way and some don't but he totally lacks zip. Musn't grizzle though - we looked good for large parts of the game against a team that has certainly lost its mojo.

That's the best news for me. He is only going to get more confidence and better as time goes on.
yes that's the standard for the now. be competitive and aggressive and bring the ball to ground. Don't need to wait for 2-3 years! 23 years of age , 50 games and 4 against the double premiers! There's no out for Savaloy now! Love it!

Wait til Cameron comes back in before writing off sav. We could play all 3 up front yet.

It doesn't work and we have evidence of this, just look at rounds 8-15 where we had Cameron and Hawkins up forward with Ratugolea trying to get in on the action while having to play as the backup ruck . . . he was barely hanging onto his spot in the team.

Watch him boot 3 goals and take 4 contested marks next weekend playing as the 2nd key forward.

Great win - several great efforts by our chaps after some early poor kicking by the usual suspects. Danger plated a great game.

However I watched Kolo closely: he is far and away the most ineffectual player in the team. I realise some see it this way and some don't but he totally lacks zip. Musn't grizzle though - we looked good for large parts of the game against a team that has certainly lost its mojo.
What did his direct opponent do?
Some people "look" at players hoping to see what they already believe.
Our MC is second to none, or one maybe, and they select Kolo every week because he does his job with a minimum of fuss, every week!

I hate to be so pessimistic after flogging Shitmond but...This is the game that could kill us.

You cant drop Sav or Stanley after todays game, but you have to find a way to get Cameron into the team. We also know he wont drop Blicavs, while still playing all of Hendo, Kolo and obviously Hawkins. My gut tells me that is a team that if it lines up against either the Dogs or Melbourne will get beaten. The Dogs will run rings around us and the Demons will do what Richmond have done to us for the last 3 years: mass numbers at the contest/stoppages and wait for us to turn it over and then score off the rebound. I am also still not convinced with O'Connor, he isnt the tagger we'd like him to be, and much like Blicavs, is a clear liability when the pressure is on.

The two clear outs are therefore Blicavs and O'Connor for Narkle and Cameron, which to me, if it happens, feels like it makes us better. But the sinking feeling i have in the pit of my stomach knowing he wont drop either Blicavs or O'Connor (injuries not withstanding) is the reason why im not as confident as id like to be going into finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate to be so pessimistic after flogging Shitmond but...This is the game that could kill us.

You cant drop Sav or Stanley after todays game, but you have to find a way to get Cameron into the team. We also know he wont drop Blicavs, while still playing all of Hendo, Kolo and obviously Hawkins. My gut tells me that is a team that if it lines up against either the Dogs or Melbourne will get beaten. The Dogs will run rings around us and the Demons will do what Richmond have done to us for the last 3 years: mass numbers at the contest/stoppages and wait for us to turn it over and then score off the rebound. I am also still not convinced with O'Connor, he isnt the tagger we'd like him to be, and much like Blicavs, is a clear liability when the pressure is on.

The two clear outs are therefore Blicavs and O'Connor for Narkle and Cameron, which to me, if it happens, feels like it makes us better. But the sinking feeling i have in the pit of my stomach knowing he wont drop either Blicavs or O'Connor (injuries not withstanding) is the reason why im not as confident as id like to be going into finals.
If the Dogs and Demons do to us as you say, it will be because they are better and or quicker.
We have a fantastic defensive setup, and a strategy for every team we play.
And what about Duncan?
Next week, NM.

Shai Bolton worth $900k a year? Tell him he’s dreaming.
If someone is willing to pay that much for him, the Tigers would be happy to see him go I reckon. He is Steven Motlop v2 at best

Re Kolo discussion I'm not sure defenders have "direct opponents" in the hold sense any more - maybe when the ball is bounced. The mantra now is team defence, zoning off and helping out.

Blicavs was great today barring one error and so was Stanley and Esava. Selection is not going to be easy as we move toward finals.

Not only are they both incredibly versatile, they are endurance athletes who provide defensive coverage across the entire ground, nullify their prime movers and also in the leadership team… and you want to drop them? Haha!

Duncan worries me. Because he picks himself. But I can't see how he gets fit.
Extremely fit to begin with. Will be on the bike already. Could play half forward and add value if there’s any concern re fitness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back