Review Geelong defeats Ninthmond by 38 points at their home ground... twice.

Remove this Banner Ad

And to be fairer, the Sav experiment wasn't working prior to this week's game. Not sure how it's a gloat though, even with this week's win he has only proved it can work, he certainly hasn't cemented his spot.

With Cameron back in, I still don't think he should be in the best 22 at this stage. No soul searching here.

I agree that Hawkins-Cameron-Rohan with 3 smalls is probably the best combo... but I don't think the MC will.

It is nice to be reminded that he's capable of playing key forward after a pretty turgid season for him. Bodes well for the future - if he can find consistency. I think it's been mentioned, but no VFL last year and the stop-start of this year has to have had a major impact on player development, and Sav is probably one of the casualties.

You really are too negative. Gawn is AA ruckmen but Dees forward line is a mess. You think dogs can get it done with jamarra , weightman & Bruce up front? Stop being negative! Don’t give the cats an out with your catastrophic scenarios.
Bring some positivity to the discussion. Next you’ll be saying wooden spoon favorite kangaroos will touch us up this week because Goldstein will have his all time greatest game against us. Therefore it’s understandable that we lost!

hahaha I will make it simpler for you with an easy yes or no question. Do you think there is no scenario where it is acceptable for a team who isn't even outright premierships favs to lose the flag 2 months out from the grand final?

Duncan worries me. Because he picks himself. But I can't see how he gets fit.
Agreed. Mitch was still showing as 4-6 weeks away. If it is 6 then he is back for first final. Most players who have had long injury layoffs and come back for finals fail but understand why we would take the chance.

Does Joel have a serious injury a corkie? Someone posted on here Tom Browne saying he spoke to Joel and it’s a quad which might keep him out for 4 weeks?
I posted the Tom Browne clip from last night's news - not sure he really knows what he's talking about, but wanted to sound important

Looked like a corkie during the match and by the end of the match Selwood didn't even have ice on the leg any more

Cameron and Hawkins are actually quite ordinary over a high ball and getting it to ground or plucking a pack mark. Esava offers something different.

Cameron could feast on those spillages he creates.

Tricky one for match committee.
I agree with you. One other thing to consider though is that in the absence of Esava, Rohan takes the role of leaping into packs and causing spillage. Noticed yesterday when not in that role he did not appear to be as involved in the game. Having said that I would like to see us try the 3 talls. I think it could expose both Melbourne and Western Bulldogs. For it to work though our midfield has to be on top to deliver the supply and avoid chaos kicks where their runners would feast on it.

Last edited:
I posted the Tom Browne clip from last night's news - not sure he really knows what he's talking about, but wanted to sound important

Looked like a corkie during the match and by the end of the match Selwood didn't even have ice on the leg any more

Scott also confirmed it was a corkie in his post-match presser.

Unpopular opinion: I hate this song being played at the end of our games. Absolutely despise it to be honest.

Outside of the word 'hoops' it literally has nothing to do with the club - they're a Sydney band at that.

Magic Dirt, Chrissie Amphlett, King Gizzard - all Geelong greats that would be better. King Gizz could probably write a Cats-based album and release it by this Thursday afternoon!

And if we really want to go the angle of any mention about Cats or hoops, this would be 10x better:

Cool for Cats. Definitely not PC lyrics! Worse than What's New Pussycat.

hahaha I will make it simpler for you with an easy yes or no question. Do you think there is no scenario where it is acceptable for a team who isn't even outright premierships favs to lose the flag 2 months out from the grand final?
That's not an easy yes or no question! 😛 Yes I don't... Wait.. No I don't not... My brain hurts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unpopular opinion: I hate this song being played at the end of our games. Absolutely despise it to be honest.

Outside of the word 'hoops' it literally has nothing to do with the club - they're a Sydney band at that.

Magic Dirt, Chrissie Amphlett, King Gizzard - all Geelong greats that would be better. King Gizz could probably write a Cats-based album and release it by this Thursday afternoon!

And if we really want to go the angle of any mention about Cats or hoops, this would be 10x better:

What would people think of a song before the game? Eg like Port " Never tear us apart " or like Liverpool You'll never walk alone "? :shrug:

What do you mean, not sure he knows what he’s talking about? It’s tom browne. He never does. Gutter journo. Just the worst.

Official update re: Selwood.

“He obviously received the quad cork in the contest early in the game and the injury became more challenging as the game progressed,” Lloyd said.

“We received a call from the medical team ruling him out halfway through the third quarter.

“We are only a day post-game and once he has had treatment we will see how he functions before we make any call, but we will see how he is tracking in the coming days.

“It is a shorter turnaround this week, so we will give him every opportunity to get up.”

Official update re: Selwood.

“He obviously received the quad cork in the contest early in the game and the injury became more challenging as the game progressed,” Lloyd said.

“We received a call from the medical team ruling him out halfway through the third quarter.

“We are only a day post-game and once he has had treatment we will see how he functions before we make any call, but we will see how he is tracking in the coming days.

“It is a shorter turnaround this week, so we will give him every opportunity to get up.”

This can’t be right, as medical expert sh*tstain tom browne said it’s a quad 🙄

Dunno about unpopular, but you are about the only person I know who doesn't like the Rubens.

Is it because it is written by NSWelshmen? Or just not your style?

I agree that Hawkins-Cameron-Rohan with 3 smalls is probably the best combo... but I don't think the MC will.

It is nice to be reminded that he's capable of playing key forward after a pretty turgid season for him. Bodes well for the future - if he can find consistency. I think it's been mentioned, but no VFL last year and the stop-start of this year has to have had a major impact on player development, and Sav is probably one of the casualties.
Yeah for sure - just that sort of break in the leg will set you back 12 months on its own.

My position has always been that he is worth persisting with...just not necessarily in the ones. Scott has mentioned a couple of times now that he thinks he can fit him in, so I think you are right - he will probably be picked when Cameron comes back if he holds his form.

That's not an easy yes or no question! 😛 Yes I don't... Wait.. No I don't not... My brain hurts

I'll make it easier for you. The answer that isn't completely insane is yes. Of course it is acceptable for a team that isn't outright favs not to win the flag from here because of the ridiculous number of things that can happen between now and then. The answer is only no if you are trolling and trying to set it up for condemning everyone at Geelong mainly the coach if they don't win.

VOTES PLAYER (CLUB)
9 - Patrick Dangerfield (GEEL)
7 - Tom Stewart (GEEL)
4 - Esava Ratugolea (GEEL)
4 - Tom Hawkins (GEEL)
3 - Cameron Guthrie (GEEL)
2 - Brandan Parfitt (GEEL)
1 - Lachie Henderson (GEEL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back