Review Geelong defeats Ninthmond by 38 points at their home ground... twice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Extremely fit to begin with. Will be on the bike already. Could play half forward and add value if there’s any concern re fitness.
You actually highlighted my point re: Duncan.
He's that good that you just put him in the side. I.e "he picks himself".

Long gone are the days where you can hide someone in the forward line or a back pocket.

If he was fit this week and had a 4 week run in then great. But it's not happening.
I wouldn't leave him out. Nor would you. Nor will the MC.
That's what worries me.

The way I look at things you only even consider rushing back your stars. Any "roleplayers" you dont even think about pushing back in (e.g. sam Simpson). Duncan is a star and i think he's gone ok for a long spell before so id have him in w1 no problems.

Dunno about unpopular, but you are about the only person I know who doesn't like the Rubens.

Is it because it is written by NSWelshmen? Or just not your style?
To be honest I barely know any other songs of theirs (when they got Hottest 100 #1 that was the end of JJJ for me), so had a quick listen. I'm sorry mate but that stuff is what Thom Yorke refers to as 'fridge buzz', ie it all sounds the same. With autotune to boot.

They sound like a wannabe version of Foals made for Nova FM listeners. And Foals are pretty poppy as it is.

And that's fine if that's your jam, but it's a hard pass from me.

Just shouldn't be anywhere near the Geelong Football Club. Play the second 'So stand up and fight' verse of the club song instead.

I'll make it easier for you. The answer that isn't completely insane is yes. Of course it is acceptable for a team that isn't outright favs not to win the flag from here because of the ridiculous number of things that can happen between now and then. The answer is only no if you are trolling and trying to set it up for condemning everyone at Geelong mainly the coach if they don't win.
Ok I'm definitely with you! 👍 Yes, I do think there is no scenario where it is acceptable for a team who isn't even outright premiership faves to lose the flag 2 months out from the gf. Wait a sec...? That's not what I mean.. 🤦

The way I look at things you only even consider rushing back your stars. Any "roleplayers" you dont even think about pushing back in (e.g. sam Simpson). Duncan is a star and i think he's gone ok for a long spell before so id have him in w1 no problems.
I’ve seen him get 30+ first game back from injury a couple of times now. I’d have no problem playing him either.

Was it earlier this year that he came back and was best on ground? Or was that last year?

To be honest I barely know any other songs of theirs (when they got Hottest 100 #1 that was the end of JJJ for me), so had a quick listen. I'm sorry mate but that stuff is what Thom Yorke refers to as 'fridge buzz', ie it all sounds the same. With autotune to boot.

They sound like a wannabe version of Foals made for Nova FM listeners. And Foals are pretty poppy as it is.

And that's fine if that's your jam, but it's a hard pass from me.

Just shouldn't be anywhere near the Geelong Football Club. Play the second 'So stand up and fight' verse of the club song instead.
Nah, don't be sorry - I was just curious what generated the dislike.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First quarter apparently

Tom Stewart, Geelong Cats, has been charged with Rough Conduct (Dangerous Tackle) against Jake Aarts, Richmond, during the first quarter of the Round 19 match between the Geelong Cats and Richmond played at the MCG on Sunday July 25, 2021.

In summary, he can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct, Low Impact, High Contact. The incident was classified as a $3000 as a first offence. The player can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

First quarter apparently

Tom Stewart, Geelong Cats, has been charged with Rough Conduct (Dangerous Tackle) against Jake Aarts, Richmond, during the first quarter of the Round 19 match between the Geelong Cats and Richmond played at the MCG on Sunday July 25, 2021.

In summary, he can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct, Low Impact, High Contact. The incident was classified as a $3000 as a first offence. The player can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

Damned if this game isn't getting softer by the week.

Damned if this game isn't getting softer by the week.
The game is not getting softer by the week.

I remember the tackle and it was damn hard. It wasn't a double action so not worthy of a report.
But go watch junior footy. The kids absolutely smash each other. It's not soft. And yes they do get pulled up for it.

The game is getting harder, not softer. Try getting hit by a brick outhouse at pace.

The game is not getting softer by the week.

I remember the tackle and it was damn hard. It wasn't a double action so not worthy of a report.
But go watch junior footy. The kids absolutely smash each other. It's not soft. And yes they do get pulled up for it.

The game is getting harder, not softer. Try getting hit by a brick outhouse at pace.

I'll politely disagree.

What would people think of a song before the game? Eg like Port " Never tear us apart " or like Liverpool You'll never walk alone "? :shrug:
How about a certain tribute to Chrissy Amphlett, sung to tune of 'Boys in Town'.. "we've got to be desperate..." ?

I agree with you. One other thing to consider though is that in the absence of Esava, Rohan takes the role of leaping into packs and causing spillage. Noticed yesterday when not in that role he did not appear to be as involved in the game. Having said that I would like to see us try the 3 talls. I think it could expose both Melbourne and Western Bulldogs. For it to work though our midfield has to be on top to deliver the supply and avoid chaos kicks where their runners would feast on it.

Esava is about 900x more effective crashing packs than Rohan tho. The big issue with fitting Esava in around JC and Hawk is that Esava's forward craft isn't quite there yet, he is still prone to bringing his man into Hawks contests. One big plus for Esava is that his ground work is pretty good. He applies more forward pressure than most KPF's and his contested work in packs is impressive. While the Esava as ruck experiment may have failed it appears to have given him a lot more experience working in congested packs, and that experience will help whenever he can bring the ball to ground. I do think we could run a forward line of Hawk/JC/Rohan/Sav, because Rohan and Sav both bring something defensively as well.

Esava is about 900x more effective crashing packs than Rohan tho. The big issue with fitting Esava in around JC and Hawk is that Esava's forward craft isn't quite there yet, he is still prone to bringing his man into Hawks contests. One big plus for Esava is that his ground work is pretty good. He applies more forward pressure than most KPF's and his contested work in packs is impressive. While the Esava as ruck experiment may have failed it appears to have given him a lot more experience working in congested packs, and that experience will help whenever he can bring the ball to ground. I do think we could run a forward line of Hawk/JC/Rohan/Sav, because Rohan and Sav both bring something defensively as well.
One other thing is that with having spent time in the ruck Esava has learnt to tap/palm the ball. There was at least one Occassion yesterday where he John tapped the ball down to the small sat the front of the pack that resulted in a goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back