Review Geelong defeats North by 20 points in a stinker

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even the best teams win ugly on the odd occasion, not much to take away from this. Well, apart from Sav having a downer, I suspected it would happen :p

He was ok but nothing special

North flooding like crazy didn't help him and Hawkins at all as the 50 had almost no space anytime we went in

He was also playing against a quality defender in Tarrant, rather than a virtual novice in Garthwaite. Makes far more of a difference than some would like to acknowledge.

Let's face it. We are a very good team but with a few weaknesses, and not outstanding premiership favourites. We make the most of our players who generally are not high draft picks. Top three but no guarantee to win. We need some luck and no more injuries, and it could be our year. Go Cats. No blame.

Finally got to watch the replay and confirm it was a truely an utter thugly spectacle. Truly great effort to make something so absolutely unwatchable given it was a dry day!

Pretty much everything has been said already but couple of thoughts -
- Freddie has potential but I think is still very much a project. The athleticism, physicality and constituent footy attributes are there but I think is still has some development to go in footy nouce, instinct and maturity. Staying fit and getting in the VFL games and good coaching/‘drilling’ with AFL cameos the next 12 months is key, IMO.
- The other observation was actually about Norf. Think Noble is quite astute Coach - turned around season by building the defence including strong KD’s Mackay, Walker, Tarrant, tough nuts and good runners Zeibell and Hall off half back - hardly surprising that it was so hard for Geelong forwards. In taking Hall and Ziebell to defence, Noble is backing Anderson and Simpkin to get experience and thrive in mid field. Whole game plan around getting quick delivery from turn overs to Larkey and (when in Thomas). Can see the confidence in the game plan and young players enjoying the increased responsibility. With a good ND and luck on injuries Norf could move back up ladder pretty quickly next season or two.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back