Review Geelong defeats North by 20 points in a stinker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some things are born ugly.

This was one of them.

Not worth any less than previous or future weeks - but just totally ugly.

Shout out to Freddy in game 1. Showed the flashes you want to see. Some good spoils, defensive efforts and follow up work.

Zuthrie BOG with 29 touches I think it was.

And no disrespect to Zuthrie - but anytime he's BOG - its probably an indication of the qulaity of the game.

Higgins congrats on 250 - not sure you'll get too many more. You are struggling more than not but still - need more.

Narkle had a chance to shine and did ok - but showed his flaws and weaknesses too often for mine.

Seems like no real injuries to note either.

We need to get Close a rest - he was due 2 weeks ago.

But still... got the 4 points and move on to 3 home games now.

Go Catters

Zach Guthrie is the greatest player of all time.

Sky

Doctor Demise
Feb 14, 2021
NT
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Raptors, Storm, Chelsea
It was low scoring and close all the way through but it still felt that we were in no real danger of North Melbourne actually beating us despite all their effort. I feel Geelong of 2016-2019 would have lost today. Since COVID the club has really turned a corner when it comes to in game pressure. Bring on September!

Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
Wow, that was an awful game to watch, but what do you expect with North just playing so defensively that the Cats couldn't find any space. Some will say that was good by North, but if your game plan is only to stop the other team then you won't win too many.

On a positive note, Freddy looked like he belonged out there. Zuthrie had the best game I've ever seen him play.

Being negative, Higgins is useless. We play better when he's out.

Take the 4 points and move on.

Not a bad result, playing against 21 for the first 3 quarters and Norf likes to run a 15 man defense. Smashed them in every aspect except the scoreboard, +26 I50's, +10 scoring shots, +30 contested possesions. Take the 4 points and move on

Catsmaninamerica

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 19, 2007
Cloud break
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Cricket, Surfing
Both games vs NORF were like this this year. They are a s**t football team who park the bus behind the ball, basically giving up any real chance of winning from the get go. They ensure that it will be a scrappy poor garbage game and it’s why they’re on the bottom of the ladder. Well done to our boys who did what they had to do and ground out an ugly win. Narkle shows enough creativity and smart ball use to suggest that even on a quieter day like today, he has to stay in. Krueger looked at home and not at all out of his depth. Zuthrie was fantastic. Backed himself and was good. Higgins looks cooked. And anyone questioning Savs worth doesn’t understand footy. He drew 2 defenders. Crashed packs and competed exceptionally. He did his job.

Jul 11, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
Shaun Higgins hang your head. I don't know how he can look a bloke like Selwood in the eye. He's not Cats material. If you can't even get fired up for your 250th against your old mob, when can you? Go away.

We scored a combined 18.31 to 13.11 in the two games against Norf this year.
That's rather pathetic that it's best to laugh about it and then forget it

Feb 21, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
Should of won by more but take the 4 points and move on.

We'll get some players back in the coming weeks and with our remaining 3 games at home we should be in a position to setup nicely heading into the finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back