Review Geelong defeats North by 30 points. Rd 5, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Jenkins is not great but will kick 2 goals. Hawkins struggles to do that so he is not that bad.

While Hawk leads to 50-55m out in the pocket at least you know Jenkins is in the goal square.

Jenkins Kicked 4.3 today in VFL, i think thats 14 in his last 3 games, deserves a few games in a row a reckon

Everyone banging on about how they didnt want 22 year old Sean Darcy from Freo during the week just look at his game today...35 Hitouts, 14 disposals, 5 tackles and a goal against Obrien.... Stanley today 8 hitouts, 24 disposals, 2 tackles and no goals against old man Goldy, i know who I would prefer!!

P. S Stanley can GAGF!!!

Last edited:

Everyone banging on about how they didnt want Sean Darcy from Freo during the week just look at his game today...35 Hitouts, 14 disposals, 5 tackles and a goal against Obrien.... Stanley today 8 hitouts, 24 disposals, 2 tackles and no goals against old man Goldy, i know who I would prefer!!

Yeah agreed. I reckon if Darcy shed a few kgs he'd be a bit more mobile too

It was very obvious that De Koning will be a gun player - he moves well, kicks the ball nicely, takes a mark and will end up taking plenty before he's finished. He was after all AA full back in the U-18s.

Holmes was great in the VFL; he will be a very good player for us. He should replace Dalhouse next week. Jarvis and Stevens were good too.

Rohan was appalling - can't get the pill, drops marks etc etc. He needs a spell in the VFL to think about things.

Rohan is always appalling but he just stays in the team no matter what.
His uncontested brand of footy is what annoys me most. His size and speed, he should be getting more of the ball and exploding away.

Blicavs, Rohan, Stanley, Dahlhaus, these guys would not last very long if they were playing 90's footy.

He's got a weirdly high centre of gravity I reckon; just gets pushed off the ball way too easily.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rohan is always appalling but he just stays in the team no matter what.
His uncontested brand of footy is what annoys me most. His size and speed, he should be getting more of the ball and exploding away.

Blicavs, Rohan, Stanley, Dahlhaus, these guys would not last very long if they were playing 90's footy. Dahlhaus at least goes in but he's cooked, and has been for 18 months.

He'd get way more of the ball if he could hold more than 1 of every 4 marks he flies for.

As for Dahlhaus, yeah he's near useless but at least he's trying - this is well and truly on the MC now.

Didn’t enjoy his goal celebration at all, taking the ball in front of de Koning and no awareness to go to him afterward instead acting as if he’s kicked it to keep his own spot in the team. I don’t care that he kicked it, one of them had to, but seriously.

Remember GAJ running into goal one time and handpassing it off to a first gamer so he could get his first goal.

What? No MRO reviews?
:)

Not impressive, but if we had kicked straight at goal we could easily have blown them out. I didn't feel we played slo-ball today, so definitely a less skilled performance. Just felt like mixed results all around, some maligned guys made some exquisite kicks and also some horrendous ones.
We have some good serviceable players, but very few can turn a game on its head.
Hawkins again so damn good distributing the ball, but sketchy on his goal kicks. We are too TH centric on our entries.
Blicavs must get a shock collar to stop him from trying to juke his way around opponents. Learn from Lonergan, KISS/
Stewart excellent, defenders good for the most part, but we were gifted by poor NM kicking.
Parfitt busy and good.
Interesting strat using Kolo and Henry as rucks around the field instead of Blicavs. Don't mind it.
On how many I50 entries and shots at goal was Miers I50? I understand he can guard grass all over the field, but he's not a tacking machine. You can't expect a postage stamp to stick many tackles.
Liked Stanley taking defensive marks.
Feels like we're grinding 5 weeks in. :( But optimistic things could start to click if we are bolder at the selections.

Have to admit i was excited when we got Dahl but he has been a huge fail for us, will be lucky to see many past 200 i reckon. COOKED!!

I liked him at the Bulldogs but even in their Premiership year he was getting by on grit alone - we perhaps got a little more out of him than I would have thought, as I did not want him at the club - so kudos to him for extracting a little more from himself - but giving him a long-term deal was extremely optimistic.

What? No MRO reviews?
:)

Not impressive, but if we had kicked straight at goal we could easily have blown them out. I didn't feel we played slo-ball today, so definitely a less skilled performance. Just felt like mixed results all around, some maligned guys made some exquisite kicks and also some horrendous ones.
We have some good serviceable players, but very few can turn a game on its head.
Hawkins again so damn good distributing the ball, but sketchy on his goal kicks. We are too TH centric on our entries.
Blicavs must get a shock collar to stop him from trying to juke his way around opponents. Learn from Lonergan, KISS/
Stewart excellent, defenders good for the most part, but we were gifted by poor NM kicking.
Parfitt busy and good.
Interesting strat using Kolo and Henry as rucks around the field instead of Blicavs. Don't mind it.
On how many I50 entries and shots at goal was Miers I50? I understand he can guard grass all over the field, but he's not a tacking machine. You can't expect a postage stamp to stick many tackles.
Liked Stanley taking defensive marks.
Feels like we're grinding 5 weeks in. :( But optimistic things could start to click if we are bolder at the selections.

Duncan will get a week, he shouldn't, but he will

Remove this Banner Ad

Back