Review Geelong defeats North by 33 points

Remove this Banner Ad

^You would think he'd be able to manufacture even one thing to talk about other than a guy who hasn't played over a two week period... I suppose the club has only played about three games in that time šŸš®šŸš®

A fit and firing Jenkins makes us a better team this year. But he's missed a lot of footy and didn't look near it in the pre-season. So its possible but I don't think we should bank on it happening.

Good call. I probably should have added "and firing" to my post above. If they're both fit but playing at a similar level, we should stick with Sav.

Good call. I probably should have added "and firing" to my post above. If they're both fit but playing at a similar level, we should stick with Sav.
Absolutely. I guess it also depends on what combo could work better as a ruck/fwd duo. Sav has potential, but that's 3 years from being ideally reached. At the moment he'll play 1 qtr at best of game changing footy, but be missing for the rest.

We want to win the flag this year. Do we as an alternative to the Stanley/Sav or Fort/Sav go for a marginally more consistent duo in Stanley/Fort? Or do we take a chance and go for the more unreliable, but higher ceiling that a Jenkins/Sav duo could give?

Shots fired....

LIVEWIRE forward Gryan Miers says his star Geelong teammate Patrick Dangerfield ā€œneeds to pull his head inā€ after he was a bit ā€œcrankyā€ during a big win over North Melbourne on Wednesday night.
Dangerfield was deployed to full forward to manage his load in the condensed AFL season, transporting him into the forward line mix with Miers.
The star Cat kicked two behinds on the night while Miers booted four goals but the youngster cheekily said Dangerfield blamed the his own personal low return on poor delivery from up field.
ā€œItā€™s pretty hard for him to complain about it when heā€™s the one kicking over our heads a lot so he needs to pull his head in there,ā€ Miers joked.
ā€œHe was a bit cranky last night so Iā€™m OK with him going back to the midfield because he was not giving me much in the forward line.
ā€œHe was a good player still but attitude wise, he was a bit crankier than usual.ā€

:D

The club has now released their write up on yesterday's scratch match

- The young Cats ran into an experienced Suns line-up, boasting names such as Peter Wright, Rory Thompson, Jack Hombsch, Zac Smith, Brayden Fiorini and Darcy MacPherson and were soundly beaten on the day.

The Suns loaned players from their extended list to the Cats to make up the full complement of players.

ā€œWe had eighteen on eighteen today and usually we've been playing with 12, 13 or 14 players. It was a bit more contested and I think a few boys will be better for the run,ā€ Clark said.

ā€œCredit to them (the Suns), they looked like theyā€™ve been training really well and we just spoke about and addressed them that they were a bit more match ready than we were.ā€

- Nakia Cockatoo continued his run of successful hit-outs, kicking a goal and laying multiple heavy tackles to make his presence felt.

ā€œEveryone knows what heā€™s capable of and heā€™s quite a big body to have around the contest and thatā€™s what we expect from Cocky to lay some big tackles and really set the tone,ā€ Clark said.

ā€œThatā€™s what heā€™s been starting to do in the last couple of weeks and heā€™s building nicely.ā€

More details at - https://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/791003/scratch-match-key-cats-return

Makes you think what might've happened to our young players had we fallen over the line in the 2004 Preliminary Final, and were well beaten by Port Adelaide the next week (I was three at the time, but I'd say we'd have lost in a manner similar to the QF three weeks prior)

This is the first time someone on this board has made me feel old - I was 8 at the time!

^You would think he'd be able to manufacture even one thing to talk about other than a guy who hasn't played over a two week period... I suppose the club has only played about three games in that time šŸš®šŸš®

So he seriously thinks that there is nothing else worthwhile to talk about regarding the club in recent weeks than the possible return of our latest 'break glass' recruit. Who hasn't played a single minute for us at any level since the season proper began this year.

Frankly, Damian Barrett's obsession with Josh Jenkins is becoming both unhealthy and unsettling.

Last edited:
So he seriously thinks that there is nothing else worthwhile to talk about regarding the club in recent weeks than the possible return of our latest 'break glass' recruit. Who hasn't played a single minute for us at any level since the season proper began this year.

Frankly, Damien Barrett's obsession with Josh Jenkins is becoming both unhealthy and unsettling.
We look reluctant to play 3 talls, so i only see him playing if hawk or sav are rested. Or suspended in hawkins case :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like Jenkins will get a game before Freddie and i know Jenkins can ruck but i hope Freddie gets 1 game

At this stage, though, that's based on nothing more than the frenzied presentations in the media of a man who is thankfully nowhere near our MC.

I'm still hopeful Nathan is playing senior footy for us sooner rather than later. And certainly sooner than Jenkins, that's for sure.

The club has now released their write up on yesterday's scratch match

- The young Cats ran into an experienced Suns line-up, boasting names such as Peter Wright, Rory Thompson, Jack Hombsch, Zac Smith, Brayden Fiorini and Darcy MacPherson and were soundly beaten on the day.

The Suns loaned players from their extended list to the Cats to make up the full complement of players.

I suspect we were sabotaged by the Suns' loan players! :p

In the tradition of all great loan arrangements of this nature, I'm sure they let us grab hold of three or four of their real top-liners to play against their own team.

:cool:

Possibly the highlight of my career was as a youngster on loan to the opposition. I was 13 or 14 playing in the under 17s (so one of your "real top-liners"...) and sold some serious candy to my older brother who was playing for our actual club. Made a real fool of him right on the boundary in front of all the spectators - got a huge cheer. I still love bringing that one up when I see him.

Possibly the highlight of my career was as a youngster on loan to the opposition. I was 13 or 14 playing in the under 17s (so one of your "real top-liners"...) and sold some serious candy to my older brother who was playing for our actual club. Made a real fool of him right on the boundary in front of all the spectators - got a huge cheer. I still love bringing that one up when I see him.
If you safely ever brought it up more than once again, you must have a much more forgiving older brother than this oldest brother.

Post the footage here or it never happened...

:D

My suspicions were correct judging by this footage.

They just stood there like glorified witches hats judging by that!

Notice how little footage there was, our guys did * all, that was the only clip where they weren't dominating.

Full coaches votes

Geelong v North Melbourne
10 Cameron Guthrie (GEEL)
8 Gryan Miers (GEEL)
5 Sam Menegola (GEEL)
3 Jack Henry (GEEL)
2 Mark Blicavs (GEEL)
2 Jy Simpkin (NMFC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back