Review Geelong Defeats Owen 13 Crows by 28 points

Take the 4 points
Enjoy the song and move on.

Lots to work on and the big heads, if any, should be well cut down after that

Good enough to win but not impressive by any means

But any weekend when the Crows are Owen 13 and Hawks lose...

Cant be all bad can it

4 points.. no injuries of note...

And on to the Doggies.

But not a barnstorming win by any means and im not sure the best 22 debate has been settled at all.
GO Catters

Last edited:
Ricciuto to Danger: how confident are you with the flag this year? I know that's so desperate in what you want and the Cats are very well positioned for it. You must be confident heading into the finals

WTF sort of question is that?

Aug 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Well we absorbed finals like pressure ( even if it was against Adelaide) and won. That has to be a positive.

Wasn’t pretty but we were tested and responded.

I don’t think any team would have belted Adelaide today.
The issue that the pressure got to us, forced us off our game. Adelaide aren't a good enough side to make the most of it, but top 4 sides in finals absolutely will be. That's been our problem for years and nothing has shown me we're better prepared to deal with it this year.

Pre-game I said:

If we blast them, all well and good. But I will honestly be happy with four points and no injuries. We are doing well for percentage so don’t need this to boost it.

And that we did, so I’m pleased.

dangerwood

Club Legend
Dec 19, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
I didn't think that was too bad. I thought our pressure and game style was still there. Crows tried their guts outs.

It was implied slightly by the commentators that maybe we weren't switched on but I thought we were still pushing hard, it just wasn't as pretty as some recent performances.

Our percentage went up. We got the 4 points. No injuries (hoping Steven’s is just a bruise), and we withstood a spirited performance by the Crows.

Henry needs a break, and Close won’t play next week, IMO

Duncan is pure class

Sep 28, 2014
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
Ticked most boxes I wanted before the game
Got the win
Players back from injury did ok
Jack Steven especially had a good game
No new injuries (i hope)
Guthrie, Duncan, Blicavs and Menegola continued their fine years
Paddy stood up when needed
Stanely had another solid game
Rohan and Hawkins whilst quieter still kicked goals and looked very dangerous
If Kolo kicked a goal it would've outweighed all negatives 😂

Some frustrating errors need working on, Sav was OK but still not sold on him adding value
Atkins I still don't understand even though he was OK..

Name our worst 5 today.

Go.
Ratugolea - went missing for large patches and had to revert to using Blicavs in the ruck at times which I don't think was the plan

Clark - doesn't look to be having the same impact as last year. Needs to start backing himself in more, use his pace rather than look for short handballs

Harder after that - at least I feel anyway

Various players had shocking moments but then also had good moments or involved in good passages of play

Sep 29, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Good to get the win in the end that was a tough ugly game. Crows couldn't have played much better and got a bit of help from the umps too. Danger massive that last quarter. Duncan and Menegola rock solid. still have a lot of great players to come back into the team too. Roll on Catters!

Back