Review Geelong defeats Pies by 10 points. - Rd 11, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoton. If that's the case Ollie Brownless would have played 50 at FF for us already. If the kids are good enough they will get drafted, then prepared and then played.

The issue with ZG is he has been given multiple oppos and he is not up to it. It may be a "not up to it yet" but it is clear he is falling short right now by a fair margin. The galling thing is the guys he is keeping out - chook, clark etc. So some discussions are required and if he stays or goes so be it, but he is not up to GFC standards ATM IMHO. FFS. OAO.

LIGHTBULB moment here. Maybe the others on the fringe are being sent a clear message.

The message being - we will play you if you do what we want you to do. IE Chook endurance, Clark gym. Look ZG is doing what we ask him to do and he is getting a run.

The mystery selection now becomes clearer. But for the fact that Zuth may be doing what the coaches want to get on the park, but when he gets there he offers little to the team.

Confirmation bias....but if it helps your angst, fair enough.
Truth is as a project player the MC think he IS good enough as a sub/stop gap.
We just have to grind our teeth until they put a line through his chances.
Or he gets better or is traded.

Stokes problem was he beat every one back and became the go to player and we all screamed why the fu** do we keep kicking it to Stokes when he got spoiled.

Ahhh but that mark on the wing 2011 GF sandwiched btw 2 Colonwood giants.
Never a bigger man.

Confirmation bias....but if it helps your angst, fair enough.
Truth is as a project player the MC think he IS good enough as a sub/stop gap.
We just have to grind our teeth until they put a line through his chances.
Or he gets better or is traded.
Nah not confirmation bias at all. We shall see, at the end of the day what you or I or any of us posts on here is just seagull s**t to the MC and team

A number of players taking shots for goal against the Pies, Hawkins, Higgins (I think there were others) were struggling with the distance. Anyone else out there thinking the team is working under a heavy training load?

Spoton. If that's the case Ollie Brownless would have played 50 at FF for us already. If the kids are good enough they will get drafted, then prepared and then played.

The issue with ZG is he has been given multiple oppos and he is not up to it. It may be a "not up to it yet" but it is clear he is falling short right now by a fair margin. The galling thing is the guys he is keeping out - chook, clark etc. So some discussions are required and if he stays or goes so be it, but he is not up to GFC standards ATM IMHO. FFS. OAO.

LIGHTBULB moment here. Maybe the others on the fringe are being sent a clear message.

The message being - we will play you if you do what we want you to do. IE Chook endurance, Clark gym. Look ZG is doing what we ask him to do and he is getting a run.

The mystery selection now becomes clearer. But for the fact that Zuth may be doing what the coaches want to get on the park, but when he gets there he offers little to the team.
God help us if we are basing selection on being the coaches butt licker, rather than selecting on skills and ability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely no doubt about it. You can guarantee he’s a strong trainer, plays to instruction, etc. Those that do have been favoured by coaches since the dawn of time.

A number of players taking shots for goal against the Pies, Hawkins, Higgins (I think there were others) were struggling with the distance. Anyone else out there thinking the team is working under a heavy training load?
Wasn’t just our players, I know this might sound weird but with no crowd maybe a wind tunnel makes it even harder

What a load of rubbish Holmes was very good
I agree he was very good for what we expect of him but I think the main point there is that we want him building size and playing inside mid in the future and so why play him forward in the seniors when we can play him in the guts in the 2s.

Anyone else not sold on Higgins? It's like having another Dahlhouse out there.
You know its him, you see him now and again, but he doesnt really do anything to help the team.
I think he's very timid when it comes to the contest and he goes for the ball one-handed far too much for my liking.

What a ******* sh*t show.

Just a terrible game of football.

Also can any outline one thing that Zach Guthrie brings to the game, his only attributes are negative.
He's a good kick but it has to be from a mark. Horrendous with the ball on the deck and competing 1 on 1.

Anyone else not sold on Higgins? It's like having another Dahlhouse out there.
You know its him, you see him now and again, but he doesnt really do anything to help the team.
Operating at about half ratpower at the present,is there still another gear is the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back