Review Geelong defeats Pies by 21 points @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Reminds me of Eddie on Triple M every Monday morning after a lose; basically a 3 hour wank fest on how hard done-by the pies were and don't anyone else dare say otherwise.... F'en tool.

Also if anyone can show me where Buckley actually acknowledges that GEELONG (Or any other team for that matter) played well when they've lost I'll stop posting for 1 whole hour ;):D:p

I guess people see want they want to see.

Grundy for mine was keeping Collingwood in the game. To suggest Smith came even vaguely close to breaking even with Grundy is laughable.
I wasn’t suggesting that smith played as well as grundy. Just that grundys impact on the game wasn’t that high.

Only watched a bit of replay but good bloke who had good comments all the bit i watched said something like “Parsons had his arms up to remonstrate then realised it was Gaz so dropped ‘em pretty quick” pretty funny. Poor old Parsons. Hopefully his Dad doesn’t log onto big footy. He is very young. I reckon he’ll get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I reckon Gaz might have been laughing on the inside ;)

I wasn’t suggesting that smith played as well as grundy. Just that grundys impact on the game wasn’t that high.
I thought the same.

Smith had Gawn and Grundy. Arguably 2 x AA 2018 rucks. They had impact but didnt stand out unopposed for mine.

Stanley had McEvoy, NicNat, Longer and Sinclair having career best days. They stood out more vs him than Gawn and Grundy did against Smith IMO.

GO Catters

Let’s hope the Ess player doesn’t sledge Hawkins otherwise we will be without Hawkins for the rest of the year when he puts him in hostipal

Just when you think Ess couldn’t get more grubby....
That sledge on Lamb was disgraceful + I don't believe he didn't know about Lamb's father.

Let's hope Tomahawk might have finally learnt his lesson + just plays the ball. He has enough experience not to keep getting sucked in.

Peculiar that May was allowed to plead + cop a fine, not sent straight to the Tribunal, isn't it?

Let’s hope the Ess player doesn’t sledge Hawkins otherwise we will be without Hawkins for the rest of the year when he puts him in hostipal

Get into Goddard too... he cant handle it.

GO Catters

Interesting.

I watched the replay closely and kept an eye on rucks among other things. . On the day (TV watching) I was down on Smith's effort and thought that we really are struggling again with ruckmen.

The replay was informative. Smiths first quarter was good - the quarter where the game was set up and should have been put away. Grundy wasn't bad either but I thought a draw was the worst Smith did. Grundy won the second but Smith was competing well at boundaries ( only 2 centre bounces for the quarter) Grundy better on the ground.

At the end of the second Smith, defending right on the goal/point line, went down and the commentator said he had copped an injury. They didn't say much else because the game moved on and the quarter ended. Smith did not appear until approx. 10 -15 mins into the third. I suspect he was being treated or assessed for injury.

In that 10 -12 min period at the start of the third quarter Grundy dominated. We saw no Geelong ruck at one centre bounce and around the ground. Grundy racked up the stats. In fact he was very involved around the ground but had little impact up forward or in defence (where a ruckmen who is dominating usually makes his dominance count). When Smith came back on he was still competitive but was beaten. If he did cop an injury and needed a jab or other treatment then that would not be surprising.

I am willing to wait and see on Smith. Hopefully playing a few lesser ruckmen may allow him to gather some form.

I think we only need a ruck who can go 50/50 with rucks like Goldstein/Gawn/Grundy to be well placed in any game we play. To do better than that would be asking a bit too much with this list IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently it's a sign of good luck, so the Geelong fans who appreciate a win owe me - during the first quarter,a bird decided to fly above me (not sure if the bird was within the MCG or up with the planes) and then proceeded to s**t on my arm & leg.

Apparently it's good luck - and that's the only reason I wasn't too pissed off.

So I am glad we won after that

Was it a magpie? Probably...no class at all....

Gawn and Grundy have been AA form this season, and when they smash their opponents their teams usually win.

A good example with Grundy was winning the tap and immediately trying to be a midfielder and Smith was able to stop it being a clean tap, and got his body in the way.

Grundy beat Smith, but I am surprised people had him as one of the best on ground because his impact wasn't that great.

Really didn't see much, but when I seemed to catch a bit but Gregson got stung quite a few times holding the ball.

I'm unsure if he's up to it just at the moment.
Gregson does not have tearaway pace for his size. He goes down in contests to easily meaning we are almost one down in a contested possession if he is there, so if there is a 2 on 2 we lose. He has to either be faster, more evasive or harder to knock down. I don't think he will make it long term versus a McCarthy

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

just got to watch the game today, stating the obvious but dangerfield is such a threat in the forward line. he's great in the air and his attack on the ground ball/opposition ball carrier is vicious. I think our forward pressure will be looking really good once parfitt and fogarty come back in.

Yes.

Was listening to ABC radio on the way home Sunday and they had Malthouse as special comments. Mick was rabbiting on about Geelong's defence being slow. HT yes but none of the rest these days you giant ignoramus Mick.

How the hell do my tax dollars go to employing that idiot?

Should be a free hit for that.

Yes.

Was listening to ABC radio on the way home Sunday and they had Malthouse as special comments. Mick was rabbiting on about Geelong's defence being slow. HT yes but none of the rest these days you giant ignoramus Mick.
Genuinely irrelevant now is Mick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back