Review Geelong defeats Port Adelaide by 34 points @ AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Lots of joy for GHS from the players there.

Our most honest win in ages. Playing group could really build something together out of that effort. Running hard, constantly tackling, throwing bodies into contests. Outstanding defensive job.
Gutsy win tonight. It’s like final footy tonight...the young blokes make me think of Rooke, Chappy, Bartel and Corey

Stewart, Bews, Kolo, Blitz, Thurlow, Henry, 2E

How bloody good have they been. Underrated, young and maybe 12 games between them...

Got Scarlo and Boris' fingerprints all over them.

GO Catters

Dermie now trying to justify Thomas's bump by saying that initial contact by Thomas was to the fending arm of Scooter and secondary contact went high.

Also, while his eyes weren't on the ball at the time of contact, he knew where it was at all times and that's got to be considered

He then questioned the others if they were trying to leave Thomas out to hang by questioning his intent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bews and Horlo have copped plenty over the duration.

And they have again middle fingered all of that

So pleased for them.

GO Catters

Selwood let it slip that Hawkins has a mishap during the week (no further elaboration) and that he just didn't get up tonight - hopefully nothing too serious with his back considering his history with back issues
Likely they were always planning on GHS being in the team, but didn’t want Port to adjust By having one less tall.

Dermie now trying to justify Thomas's bump by saying that initial contact by Thomas was to the fending arm of Scooter and secondary contact went high.

Also, while his eyes weren't on the ball at the time of contact, he knew where it was at all times and that's got to be considered

He then questioned the others if they were trying to leave Thomas out to hang by questioning his intent

Well, this is from a bloke who thought it was fair game to stomp on someone's head...

Ghs seems to have gained a little pace, another gandy goal kicking midfielder to add to the rotation. Defence very good again.

Great win but big concerns. We cant expect our midfield to rack up huge number of goals each game. Stanley was hopeless again his direct opponent racking up 22 touches but sounds like smith was shithouse in the vfl anyway.
Big concerns? Christ, that was the best win by this club for a very long time. Bunch of kids having a crack and beating a decent side interstate.

Can't fault any of them nor the coaching staff either, brilliant performance.

Dermie is total scum - arrogant prick :(

Has plenty of form, will be 3 weeks

Great performance. Hawkins, Ablett, Taylor, Hendo, Cocky, Guthrie and Scott Selwood playing a full game is what we are missing. So to win away from home against a top side is massive.

Apologies to the hyphen who was very good and also for the want and desire to recruit Jack Watts. My mistake, I didn't think he would be able to maintain the intensity of a 3 toed sloth but he really opened my eyes tonight. Hoover or Godfreys, sign him up because if you want to promote the power of sucking, Jack's your man.

Great win cats. Love the effort tonight. Great signs ahead .

Not one for AFL fantasy points, but I did LOL that Motlop had the lowest total of the game for either team - even less than Scott Selwood who missed half the game with concussion.

You knew he’d squid the effort against the Cats.
Nothing against him of course but he does tend to downhill ski a bit harder than most and facing your old club is a hard one.

Best win by the club in a couple of years.......absolutely brilliant.
Noted the tacid acknowledgement for Motlop post game by the Geelong boys. Not much love though. Telling!

That’s what I thought-menz just sort of ignored him. More love for watts weirdly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great win, the defense was unbelievable tonight, and pressure on the ball carrier was supreme, best home and away win in a while.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back