Review Geelong defeats Port by 60 points.. Great team win!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we'd benefit massively from trying to find a way to adjust the dimensions at Kardinia Park. Bit left field for a review thread i know, but i think we are benefiting from not playing there and the MCG this year, which needs to change. Playing at KP with those dimensions gives us a false sense of how well we are tracking, then we go to the G where teams can spread out more and we fall down to earth quick. It wont be easy but even a slight adjustment to the width of KP would do us a lot of good.

As for the on field stuff. Teams are just gonna triple team Hawk from now on (if they werent trying already), and if it works it's a bit of a gap to our next best forward options. Need to find that second genuine forward option to keep the defence accountable and not just triple team Hawk. With our smalls and mids around the ball having a second tall to at least bring it to ground for them to feast would make every defence in this league crap themselves. Hendo floating up there in the last tonight demonstrates the need to find a more permanent option.

I haven’t understood the anti-Henry sentiment at all this year. He has been really solid.

Solid is the word. His composure and decision making is far better this year. His first year looked extremely promising so we probably had unrealistic expectations on his rate of development. Having Stewart and O’Connor (who are both excellent with their composure) prob has helped settle him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is the water wet?
I know it sounds crazy. But who goes out for him? And he potentially reduces our pace and hasn't played footy for a month by the time he becomes available. You'd obviously want him in but they'll have to figure out how to use him in a team that is running beautifully. He naturally plays the role Miers has been playing.

Likewise Narkle for that matter. Parfitt and Atkins would be looking over their shoulders.

I know it sounds crazy. But who goes out for him? And he potentially reduces our pace and hasn't played footy for a month by the time he becomes available. You'd obviously want him in but they'll have to figure out how to use him in a team that is running beautifully. He naturally plays the role Miers has been playing.

Likewise Narkle for that matter. Parfitt and Atkins would be looking over their shoulders.
Simpson might be out , or Atkins to be replaced

Remove this Banner Ad

Back