Review Geelong defeats St Kilda by 47 points at KP

Remove this Banner Ad

That is true and always has been.
But how many dead set superstar trades have ever won a flag?
If not for some dodgy umpiring Swans prob would of with Buddy but they didn't.
Swans made a GF with Lockett but lost.
Carlton made about 2-3 finals with Judd.
Only one is Diesel in 95 but they were cheating the cap.
True enough, although I think making and almost winning the GF makes it worth it and a success. Swans really should have won at least one, but probably two flags since Buddy arrived.

I don't think recruiting Dangerfield has made us less likely to win a flag short or long term. Our list management strategy has its plusses and minuses, but I think it will be common enough these days for successful sides to use their currency for trades/free agents to top up, while also paying serious attention to youth. It's never black and white.

Somebody said it the other day: the rebuild is constant.
How convenient. At least I know what sort of stuff I'll be reading at the end of the year if we happen to get smashed in a prelim again. We're rebuilding, we'll be better next year, it's not the clubs fault, yada yada yada.

Time for excuses is over. It's time to deliver baby!

How convenient. At least I know what sort of stuff I'll be reading at the end of the year if we happen to get smashed in a prelim again. We're rebuilding, we'll be better next year, it's not the clubs fault, yada yada yada.

Time for excuses is over. It's time to deliver baby!
Where did I say it’s an excuse for anything?

St Kilda hit the draft hard.. smashing success that has been.

Go Catters
Go and have a look at their list Daz. I think that you'd be surprised at how many established players they've recruited from other clubs as well. Heck, the vast majority of their spine has been recruited via trading or FA.

Anyway, I couldn't care less about St Kilda. I agree that they're s**t so I'm not really sure what your point is.

I was talking more generally rather than relating it directly to you, but that's good. I'll hold you to that. :D
You won’t hear me say we have failed because we are rebuilding. I don’t see how that makes sense at all. If we fail it will be because we either aren’t good enough or haven’t executed well enough.

But that doesn’t mean we are not and haven’t been rebuilding. Everyone is always rebuilding; teams are just at different stages of doing so.

You won’t hear me say we have failed because we are rebuilding. I don’t see how that makes sense at all. If we fail it will be because we either aren’t good enough or haven’t executed well enough.

But that doesn’t mean we are not and haven’t been rebuilding. Everyone is always rebuilding; teams are just at different stages of doing so.
To use an example, I hardly think that Ross Lyon was rebuilding St Kilda's list while he was their head coach but I see what you're saying. There are degrees to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To use an example, I hardly think that Ross Lyon was rebuilding St Kilda's list while he was their head coach but I see what you're saying. There are degrees to it.
Oh definitely. And Ross Lyon again at Freo a few years ago. But I think everyone knows that way lies madness. There’s no club standing still like that anymore, even Freo.

How did that philosophy work for Blight at Geelong? The problem is we have been making finals, but haven't made a Grand Final in six (going on seven) seasons.

We did get a final on our home ground in 2013, under Scott. We lost. We also beat Richmond three weeks before the finals.

Considering Thompson started in 2000, the early 2000s would have been 2-3 years into his tenure. I'm guessing it's not quite the same as having 7-8 years.

Funny, because Chris Scott did deliver a flag, IN HIS FIRST YEAR, whereas it took Bomber a then-record eight years to do the same.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back