Review Geelong Defeats Swans by 22 points at KP

Remove this Banner Ad

For those wondering why Sav keeps getting picked I can point to 2 moments

1 - The contest on the outer wing where he was outnumbered 2:1 and split the contest getting around player 1 to get involved in marking contest and cleared it to the boundary.

That is sheer will and effort - and to get a ball in from that was a massive win. Cant teach that.

2- the pick up below the knees at pace, turn and goal. Miers would have gotten praise for that at 178 cms - at 199 that is ridiculous. That also can't be taught.

Kid has skills and just needs time to grow into it all.

Go Catters

Yeah at the risk of patting myself on the back. That was exactly the point I was making in the pre-game thread about the difference in potential between Sav and Buzza. He can just simply do things that Buzza can't and will never be able to do!

That's really good isn't it. I think I'll get that next year if we only get 2 melb home games again.
Its heaps good now to watch footy live on TV/internet.
As a kid we sometimes would go to our friends house in Winchelsea as it was the only way to see footy live on a Saturday cause they had Prime instead of 7.
Yeah, of course I only get across for one or two games at the most, so it makes a lot of sense for me.

One thing I'm yet to see mentioned... O'Connor again won some bloody huge and crucial one on ones.. His defensive work is really impressive how it's developing, but he works really hard off the ball as well

My biggest gripe..is why was he selected? Is it just a bit a keeping him in the loop? Really cant see what we gained from playing him.
I never heard the reason why Stanley was out, assume soreness?

No issue for me giving Smith a sniff... Him playing ok was also good.. Keeps them all on their toes and if needed we know we can use him

Good:

Hawkins, Danger, Kelly

Bad:

Guthrie, Parsons, Blicavs, too many to name
lol in a torrent of recent woeful calls he throws in Blicavs. Buddy kicked 1 goal and was well held. Truly abysmal call.

I don't have a smart TV Haha. Cant be arsed getting a chrome cast either.
I finally know how to use the xbox so sticking with that.
Pity too cause Kayo has motorX I think.
Stream it on your laptop and connect it to the tv by an HDMI cable. You have to have the laptop on the entire time though.

If you don't have a spare HDMI slot on the tv you can put it through the Xbox as well.

No issue for me giving Smith a sniff... Him playing ok was also good.. Keeps them all on their toes and if needed we know we can use him

I saw it mentioned somewhere that it was an adductor issue for Stanley

When he missed against the Dogs was that because of a calf issue or also an adductor issue?

That's an out and out lie. AFL have never said that, and I bet you couldn't find a source to back it up.

4 Options:
1) Get Telstra, watch for "free" on your phone
2) Get Kayo, watch for $25/mo on any device
3) Get Foxtel, watch for $125/mo on any device
4) Go to a pub, enjoy the game and celebrate the win in style.

The good thing about Kayo is you can cast it to your TV so you don't have to watch it on your phone or tablet, which you can't do with the AFL app or the Foxtel app (obviously Foxtel satellite/cable is on your TV). I have been pushing the missus this week about ditching Foxtel for Kayo, but she won't give up her programs. Also, not everyone wants to sit in a pub and watch footy, despite your enthusiasm for that option.

The good thing about Kayo is you can cast it to your TV so you don't have to watch it on your phone or tablet, which you can't do with the AFL app or the Foxtel app (obviously Foxtel satellite/cable is on your TV). I have been pushing the missus this week about ditching Foxtel for Kayo, but she won't give up her programs. Also, not everyone wants to sit in a pub and watch footy, despite your enthusiasm for that option.
Foxtel allows up to 5 logins for watch.foxtel.com and the foxtel go app. Works the same as Kayo for streaming to TV from ipad/phone etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing I'm yet to see mentioned... O'Connor again won some bloody huge and crucial one on ones.. His defensive work is really impressive how it's developing, but he works really hard off the ball as well

I went yesterday and was quite surprised how hard he hit a few contests.

Adductor. Dogs was also an adductor. Slightly different spot apparently.

You blokes are easily pleased.

We aren't winning the flag if Guthrie starts in the midfield and Clark, Parsons and Smith are in the side.

We don't have any good ball users down back and our mids are lazy.

Bahahaha what a gutless backtrack. Lumping your error of judgement in with 3 other players to hide it

Foxtel allows up to 5 logins for watch.foxtel.com and the foxtel go app. Works the same as Kayo for streaming to TV from ipad/phone etc.
Then that must be a recent thing because the last time I tried the foxtel go app you couldn't cast from your device (phone/tablet) to the TV with chromecast

Then that must be a recent thing because the last time I tried the foxtel go app you couldn't cast from your device (phone/tablet) to the TV with chromecast
Worst app ever. Tried it broke down all the time. Foxtel sucks. With GOT I tried to do the right thing and pay for it with Foxtel with an internet app.
The app hardly ever f**Ken worked so I had to torrent it anyway.
When I had normal Foxtel it was s**t. Ads all the time and replayed the same shows over and over again.
Its gonna go out of buisness.

The biggest gripe with Smith for me was how slow he is at getting rid of the ball, a few times he took an age from a mark or free and let the entire Swans team get back in defense..

But i also think or hope a bit of that is just adjusting to the pace and getting back into it

Misters Parsons and Parfitt also suffered the same affliction. You have to wonder if its vision, gameplan or just their apparent lack of feel for the game at the time.

Either way - draws shouting at the TV.

Go Catters

Worst app ever. Tried it broke down all the time. Foxtel sucks. With GOT I tried to do the right thing and pay for it with Foxtel with an internet app.
The app hardly ever f**Ken worked so I had to torrent it anyway.
When I had normal Foxtel it was ****. Ads all the time and replayed the same shows over and over again.
Its gonna go out of buisness.
I hate Foxtel go with a passion and only had it for season 8 and had no issues expect streaming the last episode...had to watch it on the phone

Glad I could cancel it straight away

I saw it mentioned somewhere that it was an adductor issue for Stanley

When he missed against the Dogs was that because of a calf issue or also an adductor issue?
Stanley missed both games with Adductor per KROCK

GO Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back