Review Geelong defeats Tiggers by 63 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We moved the ball through the guts. Moved it quickly and did the opposite of what you wanted us to do mid week.

I said mid week about the need to keep playing smart footy and take the switch and keep attemptibg until good options open up, which is exactly what we did. Smart calculated footy assessing the options and switching changing the angles to get loose targets and quality options.

Was champagne chris scott footy. Exactly what his been trying to get us to play like all year and it clicked tonight

Commentators questioning if Selwood has a case to answer. You what? Attacked the footy while protecting himself. Played it perfectly.
For what?

Love this - love Sav and Blitz in the ruck, really like Close running but will probably get tipped out when danger is back. Have not been a Zac Guthrie fan but eat my words on how he fought beck tonight. Just love the fact that we stood up and slugged it out and we were keen for it whereas they had had enough. Great stuff. Love our defense - they are all having career years - Hendo, Stewart etc but really special mention to Jack Henry who is becoming a monster. Let’s keep this all gas no brakes going !!!

Thats like the argument i heard saying geelong was a better side withour garry ablett junior.

I feel like its as intelligent as saying becausw i took a piss in the ocean and later on the news all the fish in the ocean are mysteriously dying across the bay and i blame my piss for it. Sure it happened same time, but these sort of comments are stupid connection of the dots at best

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BT's anti-Geelong bias is as subtle as a sledgehammer between the eyes. Always tries to get a cat suspended, or opines against a cat goal. The only thing he knows about the cats is Tomahawks kick swinging left to right, and even that he does ad nauseum every game.

I took great joy in how flat and disinterested he sounded as the Cats piled it on all the way until the end.
Thanks devil'snap I guess why turn a positive moment into a negative!

Thats like the argument i heard saying geelong was a better side withour garry ablett junior.

I feel like its as intelligent as saying becausw i took a piss in the ocean and later on the news all the fish in the ocean are mysteriously dying across the bay and i blame my piss for it. Sure it happened same time, but these sort of comments are stupid connection of the dots at best
We don't need Danger anymore. Did you see how many times Blicavs booted it inside 50 straight to a Richmond defender?

Outstanding. Wearing third defender Rohan is a beast, forward line is amazing. Having Rustbucket come in for even more marking ability is a bonus(shame he can't kick at the sticks but that can be improved). Higgins+Duncan is all that I hoped it could be. Tough to find any criticism in that performance.

Paid close attention to Zuthrie's game, I thought he was solid early with his nicest moment being a pass to Duncan through the guts that split the play open and created a Rohan goal. When the game was up for grabs in the 1st term Toughy and Bews were both great running it out of congestion at half back and clearing the tigers press. Did I mention the sexy sexy three headed beast that is Hawk/JC/Rohan? Watching them feeding each other was awesome, and the evidence is mounting that Rohan is going to be more influential as defences get stretched trying to cover the big boys.

Whatever we paid for JC was unders, guy is a gun from a set shot or moving play and his field kicking is nice as well. Trade period looking like a massive win, at least in the short term.

Kudos to CS, for most of the game we out pressured the Tigers when they had the ball while maintaining our possession game. Very solid response from the Sydney game, lots of boxes ticked.

Rustbucket V Stanley as first ruck .... The Rustbucket we saw tonight was better than the Stanley we saw against Sydney.

Think you'll find it's tongue in check and not to be taken seriously

Great game. Geez the way the boys were able to stand in the tackle and fire off quick handballs was the key to generating our quick ball movement and getting it to our dominant forwards was outstanding. Defence was tough as nails, midfield dominate and our key forwards including Rohan were outstanding.

Outstanding. Wearing third defender Rohan is a beast, forward line is amazing. Having Rustbucket come in for even more marking ability is a bonus(shame he can't kick at the sticks but that can be improved). Higgins+Duncan is all that I hoped it could be. Tough to find any criticism in that performance.

Paid close attention to Zuthrie's game, I thought he was solid early with his nicest moment being a pass to Duncan through the guts that split the play open and created a Rohan goal. When the game was up for grabs in the 1st term Toughy and Bews were both great running it out of congestion at half back and clearing the tigers press. Did I mention the sexy sexy three headed beast that is Hawk/JC/Rohan? Watching them feeding each other was awesome, and the evidence is mounting that Rohan is going to be more influential as defences get stretched trying to cover the big boys.

Whatever we paid for JC was unders, guy is a gun from a set shot or moving play and his field kicking is nice as well. Trade period looking like a massive win, at least in the short term.

Kudos to CS, for most of the game we out pressured the Tigers when they had the ball while maintaining our possession game. Very solid response from the Sydney game, lots of boxes ticked.

Rustbucket V Stanley as first ruck .... The Rustbucket we saw tonight was better than the Stanley we saw against Sydney.
I think Bews is playing very confident football. He doesn't lose his feet, always strong.

Isaac Smith was great when the game was red hoot, he was generating a lot of drive and with accuracy by foot with long raking entries, it made it easy for our forwards.

When the game was in our control I thought other outsiders like Duncan, Tuohy, even Blitz came into the game,

Higgins was good when the pressure was on too, he has that GAJ type class to execute very quickly under pressure.

Our forwards had a field day today.... absolute picnic like the Cats of old vs Tigers from 1980s-2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back