Review Geelong defeats Tiggers by 63 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely plays a full game next week - was unlucky to be dropped to the sub for tonight
But he is the perfect type of sub- high impact in a short time. I doubt he can actually run out a whole game, but without getting the opportunity, we might not find out.

A fabulous win (that I wasn't expecting when I saw the team line-up). Thought the Rat's inclusion was positive and Narkle deserves to play again (despite gifting Bolton goal). Top 5 votes will be tough decide.

Gripe: BT and the other idiots trying to make something out of Sel's hit. (Carey exempt - "he's going for the ball, he's allowed to protect himself - what else is he expected to do?")

Carey's a flog of a bloke, but he's pretty even handed in matters of football. Doesn't try to over-dramatise incidents like all the others

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I missed the game - how'd we win this?

Better fitness, better skills. The players had the guts to take the game on, and put trust in their skills and in their teammates.

Richmond's contested, bullocky, "chaos ball" play style didn't rattle us and all they did was give away sloppy frees.

Dustin Martin had a shocker.

We won the midfield battle easily: more contested possessions, and we laid more tackles.

Disposal inside 50 was top rate.

That bone crunching hit from Duncan was a thing of beauty. It’s a fine line going the bump these days but when they come of it’s great to see.

That's been missing from our game a bit over the last few years. Duncan, Selwood and even Ratugolea (inadvertently) laying some big ones

That young Richmond player shat himself at the thought of Hawkins bearing down on him too. It was beautiful.

Great win but has to be tempered knowing their outs were significant. Put Grimes, Cotchin, Lambert etc back into that line up and they are far more formidable. But a win is a win and it should at least give us some confidence next time round.
Not really. We were missing danger, O’Connor, miers and then lost Simpson and dalhaus halfway through the game. richmond also Had a day extra break.

Absolute coaching masterclass from scott. Switching and changing the angles constantly just messed up the richmond defensive structures setup behind the ball.
What i reckon is becoming obvious is richmond have been badly effected by the rule changes of man on the mark. Not being able to slow us down and stop the change of angles and player running past has hurt their structures badly setting up behind play. Clubs on the wide MCG are able to cut through their defensive setup.
Let's not get too carried away.. :rolleyes:
Great win, but they have shown a capacity to rebound at the pointy end of the season.
Seemed a little disinterested at the end. Weird, dont trust those f*ckers just yet..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back