Review Geelong defeats Tiggers by 63 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is how insane you all are.
Rhys Stanley who beat Nic Nat comfortably 2 weeks ago is a sh*t campaigner and should never play again.
Fair enough. I'd rather have a go with SavRat myself. But Stanley is worse than Hitler.
Dollhouse is a sh*t campaigner who this year still averages above average tackles and over 12 possessions.
Yeah fair enough. I agree should of been dropped weeks ago. He has sucked arse.
But Zuthrie? A fourth year player is solid on that game.
On fire. Like the word of god is coming out of your pen and i dont even believe in god.

He never has, remember a preseason game where he went back with the flight early in his career and took a great mark. His issue is his size, he is very much like Milburn, same number, skinny to begin with but smart.. he lacks dashas carnt though

Dasher was tough as nails though.

Probably saw a few of the elements Scott has been trying to change up pre season as well on Friday night. The focus on being able to absorb a tackle and still get yourself in position to assess options and hand pass to a player in a prominent position was elite. Far from the panicked hysteria we saw previously of players getting flustered and having the ball knocked or fall out of their arms continuously.

very good off season preparation work you can see that is bearing fruits.

that is something from our games against Richmond last season we simply couldn’t do. Absurd and push through the pressure calm and collectively.

very good coaching change pre season

Scott did that? Now i’ve heard everything. Enough of the reach arounds.

I had a read of the Tigers game day thread. Wow. Something seriously not right with the majority of supporters who post. Complaining about Hocking, Selwood, umpires... and that’s during the period they were winning 😀

Weird, sadly defensive, ‘the whole world is out to get us’ supporters even though the team that they support are one of best teams of the modern era and are admired and highly respected.

I’m continually astonished that people think opposing supporters - particularly Richmond - are going to be pleasant towards us. They’ve waited a long long time. Basic supporter behaviour 101.

Parfitt is still young. His physical strength will come on in his late 20s as he matures. At the moment he is still a youngster playing against men.
Surely both Adl and PA looked at Parfitt in his draft yr, considering he was under their noses at North Adelaide u18's.

This is how insane you all are.
Rhys Stanley who beat Nic Nat comfortably 2 weeks ago is a sh*t campaigner and should never play again.
Fair enough. I'd rather have a go with SavRat myself. But Stanley is worse than Hitler.
Dollhouse is a sh*t campaigner who this year still averages above average tackles and over 12 possessions.
Yeah fair enough. I agree should of been dropped weeks ago. He has sucked arse.
But Zuthrie? A fourth year player is solid on that game.
Hang on Spazz it's his 5th year not fourth and i agree he did not much wrong and now people say he has made it, was no break out game...Oh and who did Hitler play for?

Some observations-

- While can’t detract from Geelong’s excellent 2nd half, Tigers were unusually sloppy- heaps of dropped marks in dangerous positions. Dusty and some others are underdone or got injured mid game and they were missing a number of A graders. We are likely to face a much better, battle ready Tiger outfit in finals.
- Great output by the three recruits. Cameron’s mobility is magnificent. Smith’s running and smarts contributed to wearing down the Tigers. Would like little more contest from Higgins but also good.
- Close is a gun and he is going to get better.
- Sav had more impact than his stats suggest. His physicality and agility is unsettling. Blitz was huge. Nankervis won the HOs but was rattled
- was Stewart on Dusty? Tom won some crucial contests around Dusty at deep back and executed his trademark break aways. May not lose much drive if re plays that role in finals
- Zuthrie started badly but worked into it. One of his better games. MOC probably replaces when fit.
- Sam Simpson looked underdone pre injury but Narkle was very good, his entry into the middle really added to our momentum. Would like to see little more physicality/tackling but he may have a spot in best 22 at least until Dangerwood returns.
- Game plan last three quarters- better mix of direct attack rather than just control. Much easier with forward options of course.

Last edited:
He never has, remember a preseason game where he went back with the flight early in his career and took a great mark. His issue is his size, he is very much like Milburn, same number, skinny to begin with but smart.. he lacks dashas carnt though
Dasher could find the pill too, like Enright.
Accumulator back men are gold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty funny seeing the anti Scott brigade come out and pretend we completely changed game plan and did what they've been calling for. It was exactly how we played when we played well last year. Huge pressure in our forward half and precise kicking from defence using intelligent judgement of when to be conservative and when to bite off the kick that opens up the play.

That performance was also done with Zuthrie in the team, Clark in the VFL and Blicavs playing wing/ruck all of which are signs of Scott's utter incompetence apparently. Seemed to work ok though.

That win should give us real confidence and shows the way to beat the tigers. Absorb their pressure and then play our game being clean going the other way and we can open them up. In saying that though we shouldn't get too far ahead of ourselves. We could've been further behind early and a mix of bad Richmond errors and our great goalkicking meant we went past them fast. I'd be surprised if they crumble as badly next time but at least we know we have the ability to take their best punch and then turn the pressure back on them.

According to the Footy Show, we didn't win on Friday night, Richmond lost it. :rolleyes:

Seems a common trend with Geelong matches

- We don't win, rather it's the opposition who lost
- We lose, well that was because of how well the opposition played to win the match

- We lose, well that was because of how well the opposition played to win the match
It's called bleeding hearts. People are sick of us winning and proving them wrong.

My take on our win against Richmond: our rucks need to be turned over and managed. Neither Rat, nor Stanley are plodders like McEvoy. They are sprinters. Stanley's near BOG against West Coast and falling apart the next game is testament to that. Plodders can play every week, but not those two guys. NicNat's chequered career is the perfect example of how it can't be done with that type of player. Cameron is a revelation. His effect on the team play is even better than his own game, which is bloody good. He takes from no-one, and his addition helps others. Best recruit since Ottens by a country mile. Our attacking play frees up our forwards and gives them a chance. Years of watching our stodgy slow play with 200 opposition players jogging into our forward 50 and with Hawkins surrounded, and Blicavs with the ball on the wing spending 5 minutes to decide who to pass it to, are hopefully over. Also, is Shaun Higgins starting to get it together? Good news. Players like Parfitt, Guthrie playing great along with a rejuvenated Selwood.

On the negative, Blicavs good, but should NEVER travel beyond the backline. He has nowhere near the skill of Stanley, or the developing Rat. It is they who should be going the tap then runnning down. Zuthrie is a nothing burger. To not play terribly when we smash a side isn't much to go on. First player out.

Funny enough I think Danger coming back into this forward line is the weak link, his goal kicking accuracy makes him the 4th target behind Hawkins, Cameron and Rohan.
He plays in the middle where he belongs and pinch hits up forward.

You only have to look at how hard Richmond went at us in the first quarter to know they bought their A game. That was a genuine result. That was a very good win for us. Enjoy being under-rated.

If the back six at other clubs are having scary thoughts about facing Geelong's potent forward
Just imagine replacing Dahlhaus and Parfitt with Danger and Miers

Patrick Dangerfield - Jeremy Cameron - Gryan Miers
Gary Rohan - Tom Hawkins - Brad Close
So Dangerfield smashing into Cameron repeatedly and Miers 80m away on the flank?

IMHO Danger should be nowhere near the forward line when he comes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back