Review Geelong defeats Tiggers by 63 points

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2002
AFL Club
Geelong
Not only did Richmond lose on Friday night, the "Tiger Army" couldn't even get Shai Bolton over the line for mark of the week....

Absolutely insane.

It’s actually pretty sad. Once upon a time the best mark (and best goal) were agreed by the pundits, and generally without any bias or prejudice. Letting fans vote has destroyed that.

There might be a better mark taken this year, but that’s the clear frontrunner right now. I realise Richmond jumpers seem to warp supporters minds but this is a whole new level.

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Absolutely insane.

It’s actually pretty sad. Once upon a time the best mark (and best goal) were agreed by the pundits, and generally without any bias or prejudice. Letting fans vote has destroyed that.

There might be a better mark taken this year, but that’s the clear frontrunner right now. I realise Richmond jumpers seem to warp supporters minds but this is a whole new level.
I was going to say that the voters probably didn't realise they needed your approval.

But I won't. ;)

For People that said Zuthrie had a good game should go read foxtel sports they put sh-t on Zuthrie and Dahlhaus....foxsports.com.au

I'd rather listen to what the coaches and those on the inner sanctum say...

What are they going to say? That’s he’s crap?

Of course they are going to talk him up and try to build his confidence. It’s their job to do that.

Only picking him due to injury says what they really think.
They don't need to say anything - it was content published by the club with a focus on a specific player

They could have just as easily not published that content or done a piece on a different player

Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Not hating. Just having a laugh at the low standards people are using to rate him. Never seen anything like it.

I hope he does succeed, and blow right through the very low ceiling i have seen so far.
Nah you’re a hater

90% of your post the last few days have been absolutely shitcanning Zach

strong obsession

If you put much credence into the player ratings (I don't, it never seems to rate Stewart's games), it agrees.
Our struggle to score from the back is what kills him in that model.

If you put much credence into the player ratings (I don't, it never seems to rate Stewart's games), it agrees.

Our struggle to score from the back is what kills him in that model.
Something has changed this year. He’s up to 5th highest ranked general defender and is in the biggest risers list.

Feb 12, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Something has changed this year. He’s up to 5th highest ranked general defender and is in the biggest risers list.

Ok, maybe I'll start taking a closer look at them again. There's always going to be a few weird results, but I remember Stewart was consistently rated bog average week after week despite dominating. :straining:

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
I shitcan him. Not cause I hate him. I think he seems like a nice guy.
I just don't think he's very good, and if he wasn't Cam Guthrie's brother there would be absolutely zero chance he would be on an AFL list.

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
One big change is that a possession is given to a defender if they run out of the square after a behind, which Stewart does quite a bit. Last year, no stats for that, this year there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back