Review Geelong defeats WB at Kp by 44 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Fitting that we down the Doggies by the number on Tommy Stewarts back after having the 44 fly right at the end there.

Good game by Rabbit and Fort - 4 goals from rucks is always a great return.

Good to win at home and we still didnt play a full great game.

Take the points and hopefully PFD is ok.

Our accuracy is a major positive after these games so far this season - 21 goals 7.

GO Catters

We played very scratchy footy.
Defensively were a bit off.
Stoppage set ups were poor.

But * we are just so clinical going forward. Only side averaging over 100 points a game

Brilliant start to our season & now we can rest some of the players who need it next week.

Even better to hear this season has been our most accurate in front of goal since 2008...

So did Scott lol
Scott was all

giphy.gif

Unbelievable to have played with that little possession and win so convincingly
What a team we have here
Only players to really play well tonight were Stewart, Selwood, Rohan and Duncan
MVP votes might be incredibly varied
Good effort from Fort for 3 goals, and Abbott battled well too. Who would have thought goals from our makeshift rucks would finally crack the dogs.
Really passionate now about this season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think i may be wrong on gary rohan.

His form the last 6 weeks has been excellent and nothing like his other 10 years of football.
What did the Swans do to Rohan.

I remember how sad this board was when we didn't get him, now I know why.

Greatlast quarter. Now comes the real test. If Collingwood beating Carlton and St Kilda make them "the best team in the comp" according to Derrwayne Rustled.

Boy oh boy, WOWEE.

Two weeks of flat, scratchy footy for 8 points and a 7 goal win today. I think we've got the forward line bit figured out.

In previous seasons, I always had my heart in my mouth going forward, because it was just as likely to come rocketing out. These days I'm confident we'll score.

Excellent off-season changes in personnel and strategies (and rules, thanks Uncle Steve!)

Greatlast quarter. Now comes the real test. If Collingwood beating Carlton and St Kilda make them "the best team in the comp" according to Derrwayne Rustled.
Also said Richmond were the best team at moving the ball earlier in the day. I think he must have missed the doggies giving them a smashing.

Positives:

- Selwood class and decision-making steading the ship in the first half. Just took it upon himself to ensure the game didn't get away from us.
- Duncan's blinding form continues. Silky ball use as ever but his marking is so underrated.
- Actually got some goals from our CHF for once.
- The look on Stewart's face after he took the screamer

Negatives:

- Can't remember the last time our defensive cohesion was as bad as today, so many spoils to dangerous areas (Blitz has given away four or five goals this year by spoiling goal-side of his opponent) and strange positioning choices that opened up space for Bulldogs players
- Not impressed by Fort or Abbott in the ruck
- Danger's injury. I'm crossing all my fingers that he's okay.
- Clark and Constable need to go back to the VFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back